Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHRISTIE KNEW ABOUT LANE CLOSINGS

+4
Hospital Bob
Sal
no stress
knothead
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

knothead

knothead

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/nyregion/christie-bridge.html?hp&_r=0

Uh oh . . . the wise guy has dug his own grave.

Oh no........... He closed a road, hang him!

Oh no............ He gave some guns to cartels and they killed a bunch of people with them, Hush.

You have to wonder what was promised to his aide who took the rap? I knew when they started talking about indictments someone was going to spill the beans. Christie's really going to be eating the Krispy Cremes now.

knothead

knothead

Dot wrote:Oh no........... He closed a road, hang him!

Oh no............ He gave some guns to cartels and they killed a bunch of people with them, Hush.

You forgot to add he also didn't start a war killing tens of thousands and spent trillions for what turned out to be a false premise but what the heck . . . fair and balanced.

knothead wrote:
Dot wrote:Oh no........... He closed a road, hang him!

You forgot to add he also didn't start a war killing tens of thousands and spent trillions for what turned out to be a false premise but what the heck . . . fair and balanced.

I dont know about that. How many people were killed in Libya? How about all the people in Syria where we are funding the terrorist? Or the troop surge in afgan? Theres more, however I dont think you can call this admin exactly a peace maker, well you could but that would be false. Good distraction from the comparison though. Because a bad deed from one side means the other side gets to do one so its equal lol  Razz 

Why wouldn't he know about the lane closures and traffic delays when they were happening? I hope a governor would... I bet scott knew about the bridge closures in the panhandle... don't you? That's far from complicity... and I'm no christy fan.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:Why wouldn't he know about the lane closures and traffic delays when they were happening? I hope a governor would... I bet scott knew about the bridge closures in the panhandle... don't you? That's far from complicity... and I'm no christy fan.

You are usually up on current events but you are woefully dropping the ball here, making me think you are being either evasive of the obvious or just uninformed. Read the article cause I'm giving you a pass then we'll revisit the topic, ok?

I just arrived home and had listened to it on npr... but I'll read your article now.

Again... I kinda hope he was involved... he is just another govt authority shill imo.

" The former Port Authority official who personally oversaw the lane closings at the George Washington Bridge,central to the scandal now swirling around Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey,said on Friday that “evidence exists” the governor knew about the lane closings when they were happening.

In a letter released by his lawyer,the former official,David Wildstein,a high school friend of Mr. Christie’s who was appointed with the governor’s blessing at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey,which controls the bridge,described the order to close the lanes as “the Christie administration’s order” and said “evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures,during the period when the lanes were closed,contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference” three weeks ago.

During his news conference,Mr. Christie specifically said he had no knowledge that traffic lanes leading to the bridge had been closed until after they were reopened. “I had no knowledge of this —of the planning,the execution or anything about it —and that I first found out about it after it was over,” he said. “And even then,what I was told was that it was a traffic study.”

But I don't think this shows complicity... that statement could easily mean no knowledge of the "planning and execution".

Not hearing about the traffic jam is just not plausible... sounds like sensationalism. BREAKING NEWS..!!

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:I just arrived home and had listened to it on npr... but I'll read your article now.

I'm about to get a shower and go out with friends and won't be back till late. The Christie news does not convict him . . . I ain't saying that all but his aides are saying he knew about the GWB closure BEFORE he claimed he knew . . further, Wildstein claims (according to his attorney) that he knows Christie was not just aware but made the call. We'll see . . . it'll be another tortuously long drawn out ordeal in the legal system but it will hurt the Christie brand even more.

no stress

no stress

meh....looks like just an allegation at this point. I'll reserve judgement until the so called evidence is brought forth.

Sal

Sal

Pkr's right.

Someone saying “evidence exists” is not evidence that any evidence exists.

The reason we know Christie is lying is because he is Chris Christie.

Sal wrote:Pkr's right.

It's cute that you can connect the dots here... but can't in a single scandal involving obama or clinton.

Again... I hope he was involved. I want a full fast disclosure... total transparency... let the chips fall where they may.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The reason I know Christie and Bush and Obama are all liars is because I've never seen a politician who doesn't lie.
We've been talking about prejudice and bias and stereotypes in other threads today,  and I've spoken against those things.
But when it comes to politicians,  I make an exception.
Lying is a part of the job description.  They all have to do it to get elected and to remain in office.
If you actually believe there is any such thing as a politician who always tells his constituency the truth,  then you will also believe that I hold the title to the George Washington Bridge and you can buy it from me for a hundred dollars.

When an occupation like politician has telling lies as part of it's job description,  then it's just too hard to tell the lies from the truth.

no stress

no stress

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:Pkr's right.

It's cute that you can connect the dots here... but can't in a single scandal involving obama or clinton.

Again... I hope he was involved. I want a full fast disclosure... total transparency... let the chips fall where they may.
 cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

knothead

knothead

Gunz wrote:meh....looks like just an allegation at this point.   I'll reserve judgement until the so called evidence is brought forth.

I agree with that . . . it is an allegation but because the letter came from Wildstein's attorney (who took the 5th before a State committee) investigating his knowledge, one could assume he is beginning a process of seeking immunity which will (if Christie is implicated) set off a land slide of others who may get 'ratted out' to ask for immunity too. Sooner or later the public will find out but it will be a lengthy process. The political implications will have more damage to his brand and because he is the leader of the National Governor Conference and tasked to raise money for others this will impair that ability.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

IF (with emphasis on if cause I have no idea) Christie got up in front of that press conference and lied for two hours,  and thought he could actually get away with it,   then he is the dumbest son-of-a-bitch I ever heard of.

And before this he's never appeared to be THAT dumb to me.  
So I'll be surprised to find out he is.  
But just surprised.  Not shocked.  Nothing that happens in politics or government can shock me anymore.

2seaoat

Christie is not dumb. He is secure in plausible denial. He set his staff loose to do their thing......he never needed to know the details, and I will be shocked if he will be implicated with anything specifically akin to line control of the decision to close the bridge. I guess I am too damn Machievelian not to appreciate the way Christie did this.....He will get my vote. Like Newt, the man can get things done in government and knows where to push buttons. I liked Jimmy Carter as a man, but you need somebody who can be a bad asz to be President......President Obama has shown he can do the nasty, he grew his political teeth in Chicago, and Christie.......well he is from Jersey....he can do the nasty. For all those who think politics is tiddlywinks and the boyscout oath......nope....I will probably vote for the fat guy from Jersey. In the end, I believe he cares about people and will work hard for middle class Americans compared to many who have simply been working for special interests.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Christie is not dumb.  He is secure in plausible denial.  He set his staff loose to do their thing......he never needed to know the details, and I will be shocked if he will be implicated with anything specifically akin to line control of the decision to close the bridge.  I guess I am too damn Machievelian not to appreciate the way Christie did this.....He will get my vote.  Like Newt, the man can get things done in government and knows where to push buttons.  I liked Jimmy Carter as a man, but you need somebody who can be a bad asz to be President......President Obama has shown he can do the nasty, he grew his political teeth in Chicago, and Christie.......well he is from Jersey....he can do the nasty.  For all those who think politics is tiddlywinks and the boyscout oath......nope....I will probably vote for the fat guy from Jersey.  In the end, I believe he cares about people and will work hard for middle class Americans compared to many who have simply been working for special interests.

You're fuckin' nutz.

He wasn't gonna be the nominee before this scandal, and he sure ain't gonna be it now.

2seaoat

You're fuckin' nutz.

Yes I am. I though Newt was the best candidate in 2012, and I think Christie is the best candidate in 2016. I could vote for Jeb Bush, but I would have to hear his updated platforms, but Christie is miles above the crazies, and as much as I have grown to respect Hillary from my former hatred, I think that systemic shrinking of government employment will not happen with back to back democratic administrations. I am nutz because I still believe in the middle of the road Republicans who actually try to make government work more efficiently to HELP people, not special interests, and sadly you are right.....the crazy wing of the Republican Party is still in control.

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:You're fuckin' nutz.

Yes I am.  I though Newt was the best candidate in 2012, and I think Christie is the best candidate in 2016.  I could vote for Jeb Bush, but I would have to hear his updated platforms, but Christie is miles above the crazies, and as much as I have grown to respect Hillary from my former hatred, I think that systemic shrinking of government employment will not happen with back to back democratic administrations.  I am nutz because I still believe in the middle of the road Republicans who actually try to make government work more efficiently to HELP people, not special interests, and sadly you are right.....the crazy wing of the Republican Party is still in control.
great post seaoat and I completely agree

knothead

knothead

Going out to dinner . . . catch up with yall later! Cool

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: He set his staff loose to do their thing.

But if "doing their thing" is shutting down the busiest bridge in the world (which it literally is) just to get revenge on a political foe and causing thousands of ordinary people a lot of misery as a result, how in the world could that ever be seen as being something admirable?

What if we found out the Atlanta officials under that Georgia governor purposely dumped all that traffic onto iced over interstates just to get political revenge on the officials in that jurisdiction? Would that be admirable just because those politicians had it in them to "do the nasty" too? lol

Richard Nixon was the olympic champion of "doing the nasty"? Is that a feather in his cap too?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh and another thing.  How can you applaud a politician "doing the nasty" and condemn me for bringing milk duds into a theater?
Something's just not right with that system of ethcis and morality.  lol

The Dude

The Dude

Christie not only knew but planned it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum