Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Three mile Bridge

+5
Markle
Hospital Bob
Joanimaroni
knothead
dumpcare
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 8:43 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have whiskey and cigarettes on hand,  but I have a craving for some beef jerky and pork rinds to go with that for breakfast.  Or the breakfast buffet at Wind Creek sounds good too. Not sure if the road is open all the way to Atmore if I head that way.

27Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 8:50 am

dumpcare

Don't think I'd drive all that way.

28Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 8:54 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I have whiskey and cigarettes on hand,  but I have a craving for some beef jerky and pork rinds to go with that for breakfast.  Or the breakfast buffet at Wind Creek sounds good too.  Not sure if the road is open all the way to Atmore if I head that way.

Take the whiskey and cigarettes with you and stop at your nearest convenience store for jerky and rinds before heading out for breakfast.

Thataway, if you slide off a bridge and are frozen in the underbrush for a few days, you'll have something to keep you fed and warm.

29Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 8:57 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well that settles it. I just walked on the street in front of my house and the street is like an ice slick.
That stuff on the ground sure has the look of white snow but I guess it's all just ice. Never have seen that in the 58 years I've lived in Pensacola.

30Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 9:06 am

I think it has to do with the Ball Park upsetting the balance of nature. Never had this problem before it was built.

31Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 9:22 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've only been shut in for an hour and already I'm bored to tears. I don't know if I can take this for a whole day and on into tomorrow. I may have to go out and drive around just to get over the cabin fever.

32Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 9:29 am

Bob wrote:I've only been shut in for an hour and already I'm bored to tears.  I don't know if I can take this for a whole day and on into tomorrow.  I may have to go out and drive around just to get over the cabin fever.

The "Wisteria" might be open or it is down hill to the "Azalea" Not a good idea. Maybe City Grocery for some coffee

33Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 9:38 am

Bob wrote:I've only been shut in for an hour and already I'm bored to tears.  I don't know if I can take this for a whole day and on into tomorrow.  I may have to go out and drive around just to get over the cabin fever.

Just remember Bob, you don't have any health insurance for a few more days. It'd be your luck to get in an accident.

34Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 9:39 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dreamsglore wrote:

Just remember Bob, you don't have any health insurance for a few more days. It'd be your luck to get in an accident.

Excellent observation, dreams. I better not chance it. A broken arm would probably cost me ten grand at the Sacred Heart ER.

35Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 10:46 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

It's ice not snow...a lot of broken arms and hips would be my prediction for today.

Bob stay home and make some holladaise sauce.

36Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 11:17 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bridges will remain closed until noon tomorrow.

37Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 2:28 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I just drove to the City Grocery to get a loaf of bread.  Got all the way to Barnes but it was closed.
Driving is not too bad as long as you keep the speed way down and don't get on any inclines.  But you quickly learn that when the street has a white patch that the wheels will lock and you slide so you approach those white patches at really slow speed.

38Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 2:32 pm

2seaoat

Bob,
Did your Prius come with the ice skate option? I chose the figure skates because the teeth in the front allow for quick stops.

39Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 2:34 pm

dumpcare

Bob wrote:I just drove to the City Grocery to get a loaf of bread.  Got all the way to Barnes but it was closed.
Driving is not too bad as long as you keep the speed way down and don't get on any inclines.  But you quickly learn that when the street has a white patch that the wheels will lock and you slide so you approach those white patches at really slow speed.

I just went to the store too and the street I live on is not bad, but 98 is terrible, one sheet of ice. Didn't have to drive on it though. I have a very light car and put a 40lb bag of rocks I had in the garage in trunk. I only worried when two of these gb proper suv's decided to ride my butt driving like no tomorrow.

40Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 2:40 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We just finished sledding on #15 at Tiger Point. Surfboard, boogeyboards and baking pans. It was fun...just has to avoid the bunkers.

41Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 2:43 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Bob,
Did your Prius come with the ice skate option?  I chose the figure skates because the teeth in the front allow for quick stops.

No but every time I hit the ice, that lighted icon of a sliding car came on the dashboard. First time I'd ever even see that.

42Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 4:33 pm

Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-MM7xM-P_lKI-TF-ImVNkLWnc9OlqiyZ5YAqyTaPd2gauaunMyQ

Was it nuclear?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtJmVDoY904

Smile 

43Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 5:17 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-MM7xM-P_lKI-TF-ImVNkLWnc9OlqiyZ5YAqyTaPd2gauaunMyQ

Was it nuclear?

No it's this one. And it's kinda neat too cause it let me know the wheels were losing traction even when I didn't feel it.

Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Trac-inop-light

44Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 5:33 pm

Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROOgg2Z59V6do0UCodr-TQa8ut9BDH5KPAOWiZ2_ndlvu7v2z7

My bad! It was the three mile thingee that threw me off...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5w2q1fwx7w1

Smile 

45Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 9:47 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Bob,
Did your Prius come with the ice skate option?  I chose the figure skates because the teeth in the front allow for quick stops.

The front of figure skates aren't used for quick stops. If you going fast, and use those teeth, you'll be chewing the ice with yours.

46Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 11:41 pm

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Was it nuclear?

No it's this one.  And it's kinda neat too cause it let me know the wheels were losing traction even when I didn't feel it.

Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Trac-inop-light

Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEOL9py38YgIU9jtbgDUGdM0NQhJ8EfHOmsoJw4Q93EG1s5IsC

I see. So you were...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTKu-L1b--o

Very Happy 

47Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/30/2014, 10:14 pm

RottiesRule wrote:
BirdyBack wrote:My daughter drives over that one to work.  She's concerned about crossing it tomorrow.  She has a bit of a phobia about bridges and she has never driven in such conditions.  

Come to think of it, she probably doesn't know that her car doors and locks will be frozen shut in the morning.  I better have my husband get up early in case she needs to be rescued.

Birdy, she really needs to stay home until the ice melts.
I just took the dog out for the final time tonight and I have a huge limb down in the yard due to ice build-up.

She's the manager, she has to be at work. She got there fine yesterday, although it took her forever. Today was another story. As she was crossing the bridge, a chunk of ice fell from her bumper. Her tire hit it and she went sliding, hit the side of the bridge, spun around, hit the other side, slid back and hit the first side again. Thank God she is okay, and just a little scratch on her car.

48Three mile Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/30/2014, 10:24 pm

2seaoat

As she was crossing the bridge, a chunk of ice fell from her bumper. Her tire hit it and she went sliding, hit the side of the bridge, spun around, hit the other side, slid back and hit the first side again. Thank God she is okay, and just a little scratch on her car.

Wow...very lucky, and an all around resolution.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum