Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Three mile Bridge

+5
Markle
Hospital Bob
Joanimaroni
knothead
dumpcare
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Three mile Bridge Empty Three mile Bridge 1/28/2014, 9:19 pm

dumpcare

Was closed northbound for accident, now the whole bridge is closed according to texts.

2Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/28/2014, 9:32 pm

knothead

knothead

Hope no one was injured . . .

3Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/28/2014, 9:42 pm

Teo Barr Bridge at Gulf beach is now closed.

4Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/28/2014, 9:44 pm

Now a wreck/injuries on the I10 bridge

5Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/28/2014, 9:49 pm

dumpcare

Someone reported that the bridge was icey at 330 this afternoon, they should have laid sand down then. Since they had to close N bound for accident the police decided to close the whole thing to sand it.

6Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/28/2014, 9:53 pm

Interstate bridge is now closed.

7Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/28/2014, 9:56 pm

Now the bayou Chico bridge is closed

8Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/28/2014, 10:01 pm

dumpcare

Mr Ichi wrote:Interstate bridge is now closed.  

The one over Escambia Bay? I just saw both side of I 10 are closed up by Blackwater.

9Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/28/2014, 10:08 pm

ppaca wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:Interstate bridge is now closed.  

The one over Escambia Bay? I just saw both side of I 10 are closed up by Blackwater.

Yes I think they turning people around at the Senic Hiway exit.

Just closed another bridge but I missed it.

10Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/28/2014, 10:08 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

All bridges are closed except for Garcon and the toll has been waved (So sorry bond holders)

No injuries on the Three mile bridge. Single car accident.

11Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/28/2014, 10:14 pm

Lillian bridge just closed. Good bet that any major bridge is now closed

12Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 12:04 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I guess this means it wouldn't be smart for me to drive north to see the snow in the morning. Durn.

13Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 1:37 am

Markle

Markle

Used to happen with great regularity on the narrow, two lane bridge to Key West.  REALLY narrow bridges and the side rails, on the Seven Mile Bridge were made out of the rail road track of the rail road blown away in 1935.  Real recycling.  Once in a while it would cut off water as the pipeline ran along the bridges part of the way. Ahhh...those were the days to live in Key West.

I lived in Key West and would drive into Miami once or twice a month after work.  I recall trying to average 100+ over the Seven Mile Bridge.  Not much less the rest of the way, no one seemed to care.  I would get passed from time to time.

14Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 2:27 am

Joanimaroni wrote:All bridges are closed except for Garcon and the toll has been waved (So sorry bond holders)

Even the Bayou Texar bridge?

15Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 2:34 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

BirdyBack wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:All bridges are closed except for Garcon and the toll has been waved (So sorry bond holders)

Even the  Bayou Texar bridge?  
y

I'm not sure about that one....all major bridges are closed.

16Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 2:40 am

My daughter drives over that one to work. She's concerned about crossing it tomorrow. She has a bit of a phobia about bridges and she has never driven in such conditions.

Come to think of it, she probably doesn't know that her car doors and locks will be frozen shut in the morning. I better have my husband get up early in case she needs to be rescued.

17Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 2:43 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PNJ has it listed as closed.

18Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 2:53 am

RottiesRule

BirdyBack wrote:My daughter drives over that one to work.  She's concerned about crossing it tomorrow.  She has a bit of a phobia about bridges and she has never driven in such conditions.  

Come to think of it, she probably doesn't know that her car doors and locks will be frozen shut in the morning.  I better have my husband get up early in case she needs to be rescued.

Birdy, she really needs to stay home until the ice melts.
I just took the dog out for the final time tonight and I have a huge limb down in the yard due to ice build-up.

19Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 2:56 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

RottiesRule wrote:
BirdyBack wrote:My daughter drives over that one to work.  She's concerned about crossing it tomorrow.  She has a bit of a phobia about bridges and she has never driven in such conditions.  

Come to think of it, she probably doesn't know that her car doors and locks will be frozen shut in the morning.  I better have my husband get up early in case she needs to be rescued.

Birdy, she really needs to stay home until the ice melts.
I just took the dog out for the final time tonight and I have a huge limb down in the yard due to ice build-up.

It's 27 deg here right now and those bridges won't thaw for a while after sunrise...play it safe, live long and prosper.

FACT IS IT won't get above freezing all day tomorrow so...stay home stay healthy..

24 °f morning
31 °f noon
27  f nite
25 °f

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/v2/weather.aspx?q=32570

20Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 4:21 am

You should see my palm tree. All the branches are weighted down by ice and are touching the ground. I've never seen that tree look like that.

21Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 6:48 am

dumpcare

Everything still closed this morning.

22Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 8:11 am

dumpcare

It took 20 minutes to open the car door and another 40 to deice. I haven't seen anything like this for around 25 years and hope I never see it again.

23Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 8:29 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Other than bridges and overpasses, do you think it's safe to get out and drive this morning?

24Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 8:34 am

Bob wrote:Other than bridges and overpasses,  do you think it's safe to get out and drive this morning?

Might not be a good idea right now, unless you are out of Mist and smokes, then it will be OK.

25Three mile Bridge Empty Re: Three mile Bridge 1/29/2014, 8:34 am

dumpcare

There is sleet on top of the ice which makes it easier to drive than if it was completely ice. I think it depends on you and what roads you are taking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum