Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaoat will turn me in for sure when he sees this.

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yesterday I was at the T&W flea market and purchased a 30 lb bag of snacks for $5. The sack measures 3 feet tall.
One little package of candy or other crap at the concession stand costs the same five bucks. So by my cipherin, that big bag of snacks represents about $2500 at the theater concession stand.
I'm guessing this will give me theater snacks for the next two years.

Seaoat will turn me in for sure when he sees this.   Snacks10

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Glad to see you're a prepper Bob. With that you can bribe little kids to steal real food from their parents and bring it to you. Great strategy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Glad to see you're a prepper Bob. With that you can bribe little kids to steal real food from their parents and bring it to you. Great strategy.

When the economic collapse goes down, it's every man (and child) for himself. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damn, that looks like it has a couple puffs left on it and I missed seeing it. Shit.

Seaoat will turn me in for sure when he sees this.   Snacks11

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes Bob you got a puff or two there . Then you can stuff the filter in a straw and use it to purify your water in TEOTWAWKI.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yes Bob you got a puff or two there . Then you can stuff the filter in a straw and use it to purify your water in TEOTWAWKI.

lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

All seriousness aside for a moment.

This is one of the "supermarkets" at the T&W and where the big bag of snacks was.  They started out with six bags like it and when I made the second pass by these tables they'd sold all of them (I was just kidding,  I didn't really buy that crap).
There are piles of all kind of food and yesterday there was a mob of people buying it.
When you look at the expiration dates,  it all has a date of late 2013.
These vendors buy all this stuff from grocery chains because it's expired and the grocery chains don't sell expired food retail. I'm guessing the vendors pay next to nothing for it.

What you need to understand is,  only some of the people are buying this food because they're cheapskates.  It's mostly people who are struggling to have enough food because they don't have a lot of money.  And when you witness something like this in person,  you begin to realize how fortunate you are.

By the way,  see the dude with the glasses  holding the can of food?
That's one of my two long-time picker partners.  The one who does yard and estate sales with me.  The one you may have seen me refer to as "the cheapest human being who ever lived" (and that is no exaggeration).  
He's also a symphony musician.  He did a gig in Panama City this weekend.  Had to be there for two days of rehearsal before the concert on Saturday night.  He slept in his van in a Walmart parking lot to avoid a motel bill the first night.  And he wrangled a cheap motel room for the next night only because it had a free continental breakfast.  He loaded up on that free stuff at breakfast and that was his meals for not only the rest of the day,  but when he came by here Sunday morning he was still eating a plate of waffles that came from the continental breakfast.  

If there was some way to make him the Secretary of the Treasury,  this country's budget would get balanced in a week.  lol

Seaoat will turn me in for sure when he sees this.   2014-010

2seaoat

I have never seen so many walmart stores being built in small communities. The last three weeks I have crisscrossed the country, and the walmart construction has amazed me. I have seen rvs, trucks and cars parked in the parking lots with people sleeping there for the night. WalMart has become the company store, and now people are sleeping in their parking lot....the mom and pop middle class stores on main street are closed, and mom and pop are buying expired foods at flea markets, while the 1% gets tax breaks, exports our jobs, and turns a once proud people into indentured servants. They control the media and sell propaganda which divides the American people and has many voting against their economic interests.......yep the parking lot at walmart tells us a great deal about how far we have sunk as a nation.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The little Grocery store in Kern county California on Lake Isabella had a back room where all cans were 50 cents. It was expired and dented cans. There were a lot of poor in that county and they were glad to get it at a discount. I have eaten food expired for 3 or 4 years and as long as the can is intact and not swollen it's probably fine.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:I have never seen so many walmart stores being built in small communities.  The last three weeks I have crisscrossed the country, and the walmart construction has amazed me.  I have seen rvs, trucks and cars parked in the parking lots with people sleeping there for the night.  WalMart has become the company store, and now people are sleeping in their parking lot....the mom and pop middle class stores on main street are closed, and mom and pop are buying expired foods at flea markets, while the 1% gets tax breaks, exports our jobs, and turns a once proud people into indentured servants.  They control the media and sell propaganda which divides the American people and has many voting against their economic interests.......yep the parking lot at walmart tells us a great deal about how far we have sunk as a nation.

Stop it, you are sounding like me...you are the Pollyanna remember ?

Discount food is big business in parts of Missisippi. Lots of these types of stores in the Hattieburg, Purvis, Lumberton area.

Seaoat will turn me in for sure when he sees this.   Z

Seaoat will turn me in for sure when he sees this.   2Q==

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Mr Ichi wrote:
Discount food is big business in parts of Missisippi.  Lots of these types of stores in the Hattieburg, Purvis, Lumberton area.

Seaoat will turn me in for sure when he sees this.   Z

Seaoat will turn me in for sure when he sees this.   2Q==

We have a couple of Dirt Cheap Stores here. One in the old Academy Sports Store on Davis Hwy. The other, somewhere in the Nine Mile area that has food items.

As it says in this article, Dirt cheap is a part of the Treasure Hunt store group. Dirt is where they sell the Junk they can not sell in the regular store. Very big Store in Hattisburg.

Hutson Treasue Hunt Store

First opening its doors in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, Treasure Hunt has since grown into a local favorite throughout Mississippi. Over the past 25 years our business has expanded, growing to be the largest buyer of insurance claims in the United States, while also adding other distressed situations such as manufacturer and retailer buybacks, closeouts, bankruptcies, overstocks, liquidations, customer returns and out of season goods.

In October 1997, we realized our Treasure Hunt warehouse shelves had become quite full of excess inventory. In order to clean out our warehouse and make room for new merchandise, we decided to set up a sale in our Lumberton, Mississippi warehouse. At the sale, all merchandise was sold at "dirt cheap" prices until gone, and the Dirt Cheap concept was born. As business progressed, the amount of inventory only grew, establishing a need for more than just a warehouse sale. The first Dirt Cheap store opened in 1998, in Petal, Mississippi, and has since grown into 54 stores and counting. Today, Dirt Cheap is a standalone company purchasing its own merchandise and exhibiting its own unique selling strategies.

More stores, more inventory, and still not enough space! In 2006, we created a Wholesale Division, selling the excess inventory our stores simply cannot handle. The majority of our wholesale goods are clothing, footwear and accessories. These items are sold and shipped to more than a dozen countries, including Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Caribbean Islands.

In late 2009, Treasure Hunt and Dirt Cheap buyers were approached by a ceramic tile manufacturer filing for bankruptcy. After purchasing 50 truckloads of ceramic tile and with nowhere to put it, Dirt Cheap Building Supplies opened its doors for the first time on January 1, 2010. Met by great response, our buyers began purchasing an assortment of building supplies from other distressed situations. Ranging anywhere from flooring to moulding to light fixtures, you'll find Dirt Cheap Building Supplies in Hattiesburg, Mississippi and Pensacola, Florida.

Extreme savings on name brand merchandise causes a demand, and what's better than 24/7 shopping? We launched our first eBay store in September 2010. Now our Treasure Hunt customers have the ability to purchase our great deals from home.

What's next you ask? Well, who knows? But one thing is for sure... Whatever we do, we will always offer extreme savings to you, our valued customers.

Some expired stuff is ok like spaghetti or macaroni but I would never eat expired mayo or stuff like that.

For Tile and Cabinets and such, you need to check out Hoods Salavage on Hiway 59 near Foley.  Lots of very good tile, grout, etc and very knowledgeable salespeople. They have more than tile, all good stuff, very little junk.  
http://www.hoodshomecenters.com/categories/Foley/

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:Yesterday I was at the T&W flea market and purchased a 30 lb bag of snacks for $5.  The sack measures 3 feet tall.
One little package of candy or other crap at the concession stand costs the same five bucks.  So by my cipherin,  that big bag of snacks represents about $2500 at the theater concession stand.
I'm guessing this will give me theater snacks for the next two years.

Seaoat will turn me in for sure when he sees this.   Snacks10

Buttman, once the sharpest-eyed snipe finder around, is getting older and may have to get a butt sniffing dog for the itty bitty ones.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Like Bruce Wayne hung up his Batman suit in the movie,  yella,  I have also hung up my Buttman suit.  
But if Gotham City calls us back into action, I'm sure Bruce and I will come to it's aid again.  
Batman is waiting to see the Bat Light in the sky.  And I'm awaiting the Butt Light.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

According to this NBC nightly news report, 40% of all groceries are thrown in the garbage just because they're at or nearing the "sell by" date.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/54186865?from=en-us_msnhp#54133336

cool1

cool1

I bought those bags out at the market to but I don't do it anymore --I found a lot in mine that looked bad real bad so I don't buy from the guy anymore
 Surprised 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum