Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's now racist to teach proper grammar to minority students at UCLA

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Boards .... Quit acting as if you don't understand the actual ramifications of this whole story and what it means to higher education

Well then help me out here.  Explain for me what the actual ramifications are that will result from this student group staging a protest in one class for one professor at one university.  Give me your prediction on what will happen to higher education as a result of those ramifications, and then we can sit back and see if you were right, or if perhaps this is just another case of conservatives publicly displaying their inability to comprehend a fairly straightforward article.

I have a question for those of you who are blowing this story way out of proportion.  What would you do if a christian student capitalized the word 'him' when used in reference to the christian god, and then a professor corrected that grammatically?  The capitalization is derived from an ideology, but it is not grammatically correct.  So then a christian student organization stages a class protest.  How would you view that?  I suspect PACEDOG would be found here creating a thread titled "LIBERAL PROFESSOR OPPRESSES CHRISTIANS!!!!" and Pkr would chime in about government brainwashing.  Right?

I can tell you what I would not be doing.  You wouldn't find me posting a thread titled "It is now apparently oppressive to grammatically correct christians!!  OMG!!! The education system is toast!!!"

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Where's the assertion that there's no way to substantiate the claim? There must be records... simple enough to prove.

I don't have access to those records...do you?

You liberals are such coneheads

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum