Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Labor law question

+5
boards of FL
2seaoat
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
no stress
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Labor law question - Page 2 Empty Re: Labor law question 1/17/2014, 8:39 pm

Gunz wrote:I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this one.    In Florida, can an employer require an hourly employee to take the company cell phone on Friday of one week to be used as a call phone for employee issues at any time day or night and then turn it in on the following Thursday but then has  take off without pay on Friday the amount of time spent answering and dealing with employee issues?     This way the employer doesn't have to pay overtime to the employee for the extra time while on call all week.  I don't think its legal but short of hiring a labor attorney really don't know.    Help please

Taking call time does not equal hours worked. and without knowing the job description, its hard to say.

A person could have to take call time as part of their job and only make 2 bucks an hour or nothing unless thy get called in, it depends on the job description.

job description is key here.

27Labor law question - Page 2 Empty Re: Labor law question 1/17/2014, 9:26 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Gunz wrote:Thanks FT. Sent them an email

You're welcome, Gunz. I have a good friend who worked there for many years. They can advise and direct you.

28Labor law question - Page 2 Empty Re: Labor law question 1/17/2014, 11:04 pm

Sal

Sal

Florida is a right to work state, dammit. 

Get a job at Walmart if you don't like it. 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum