Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Life after retirement

+9
SheSurfs
PBulldog2
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
othershoe1030
2seaoat
knothead
Sal
no stress
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Life after retirement - Page 3 Empty Re: Life after retirement 1/18/2014, 1:14 pm

The Dude

The Dude

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Some of the best times I had with my ex were in my motorhome traveling and I loved it when a good storm would blow up ..the cuddling was well worth it. I got some pictures of my motorhome covered in palm leaves after a big blow in southern Florida. I should have chucked it all and kept my ex rollin down the road she loved it .

Absolutely!

Here is what I got

http://www.truckcandy.com/TC/TruckBedz/TruckBedz.htm

Get the heavy duty one better than a house mattress these things are really firm.....also the bed rug makes it all almost like home

52Life after retirement - Page 3 Empty Re: Life after retirement 1/18/2014, 1:18 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nice ...I thought about getting a slide in camper for my truck a while back but those things are heavy and really impact mileage...this mattress tent config would be perfect economically speaking.

I am in the process of building a teardrop trailer for camping but the project is going very slowly...

53Life after retirement - Page 3 Empty Re: Life after retirement 1/18/2014, 1:35 pm

The Dude

The Dude

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Nice ...I thought about getting a slide in camper for my truck a while back but those things are heavy and really impact mileage...this mattress tent config would be perfect economically speaking.

I am in the process of building a teardrop trailer for camping but the project is going very slowly...

That's funny! U must be retired after all why do today what u can do tomorrow!

With small trucks the campers actually make them ride smoother and give better traction in snow, just watch the tach and try to keep her at 2k Smile

54Life after retirement - Page 3 Empty Re: Life after retirement 1/18/2014, 7:53 pm

Jake92

I just bought a 2004 31' Coachman motor home last week..  It had 16,224 miles on it.  The stove and oven were never used..  It has a 12' slideout, 4 Kw generator, air bags added to the suspension, steering stabilizers, automatic leveling jacks, and a few other options..  It's going to Ken's Car Tunes in a few days to get a back-up and 2 side cameras, GPS, blue tooth, and Serius XM system..  Total cost with all added options is $31,180..  While at Carpenters Campers, I saw a friend who just bought a brand new one for $107,000 without $4-5,000 of the options on mine..  I've been looking for the last 5 years or so and just happened to find it on the AL side of the bridge to Lillian..  Of course, I had to pay the FL sales tax to get it registered..  grrrrrrrrrrrr..

I plan on just leaving one day and if I go from Wal Mart/Home Depot/Lowes, to the next one 10 miles down the road, that's OK for the day if I want to stop..  

In August, my girlfriend at the time and I left on a Monday for a cousin's party in NC on Saturday.. We took my van.. I finally had time to stop to see things on signs along the interstates..  We stopped at Talledega, AL to go thru the museum at the track, actually went to a legal moonshine still in Anderson, SC where I spent $150 on booze and mixes  LOL, then a zoo that happened to close an hr before we got there due to the heat.  We spent a night at Myrtle Beach, stopped at South of The Border, then the party the next day..  I also picked up a few cases of Dominion Root beer, made in VA/MD with honey, not sugar..  It's better than McGuire's root beer..  After the party/family reunion, we drove thru the base in Norfolk, then crossed the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel where we had the best steak EVER at the rest area, then back across the other way and west to the Blue Ridge Parkway, then took it most of the way to TN, with numerous stops to look out at the valleys..  Once I got to Atlanta, it was the aquarium and the Coca Cola attractions..  We didn't do any driving at night and stayed in motels while using the discount coupon books at the rest area/welcome stations..  It was a great 9 days of no schedule and no plans where to go other than the party..  A few weeks after getting back, we broke up...

55Life after retirement - Page 3 Empty Re: Life after retirement 1/18/2014, 8:15 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sorry Jake... women's is the craziest people's...If you love them they can't wait to leave you for a bad boy. If you really don't like them they call you every time you turn around....???

56Life after retirement - Page 3 Empty Re: Life after retirement 1/18/2014, 8:40 pm

Jake92 wrote:I just bought a 2004 31' Coachman motor home last week..  It had 16,224 miles on it.  The stove and oven were never used..  It has a 12' slideout, 4 Kw generator, air bags added to the suspension, steering stabilizers, automatic leveling jacks, and a few other options..  It's going to Ken's Car Tunes in a few days to get a back-up and 2 side cameras, GPS, blue tooth, and Serius XM system..  Total cost with all added options is $31,180..  While at Carpenters Campers, I saw a friend who just bought a brand new one for $107,000 without $4-5,000 of the options on mine..  I've been looking for the last 5 years or so and just happened to find it on the AL side of the bridge to Lillian..  Of course, I had to pay the FL sales tax to get it registered..  grrrrrrrrrrrr..

I plan on just leaving one day and if I go from Wal Mart/Home Depot/Lowes, to the next one 10 miles down the road, that's OK for the day if I want to stop..  

In August, my girlfriend at the time and I left on a Monday for a cousin's party in NC on Saturday..  We took my van..  I finally had time to stop to see things on signs along the interstates..  We stopped at Talledega, AL to go thru the museum at the track, actually went to a legal moonshine still in Anderson, SC where I spent $150 on booze and mixes  LOL, then a zoo that happened to close an hr before we got there due to the heat.  We spent a night at Myrtle Beach, stopped at South of The Border, then the party the next day..  I also picked up a few cases of Dominion Root beer, made in VA/MD with honey, not sugar..  It's better than McGuire's root beer..  After the party/family reunion, we drove thru the base in Norfolk, then crossed the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel where we had the best steak EVER at the rest area, then back across the other way and west to the Blue Ridge Parkway, then took it most of the way to TN, with numerous stops to look out at the valleys..  Once I got to Atlanta, it was the aquarium and the Coca Cola attractions..  We didn't do any driving at night and stayed in motels while using the discount coupon books at the rest area/welcome stations..  It was a great 9 days of no schedule and no plans where to go other than the party..  A few weeks after getting back, we broke up...

sorry to hear that jake. hugs and hopes for a better gf next time.

57Life after retirement - Page 3 Empty Re: Life after retirement 1/18/2014, 8:56 pm

Jake92

I'll have a better one next time for sure..

58Life after retirement - Page 3 Empty Re: Life after retirement 1/19/2014, 7:52 am

no stress

no stress

Jake92 wrote:I'll have a better one next time for sure..  
 cheers cheers 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum