Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cool Photos of old Pensacola

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cool Photos of old Pensacola Empty Cool Photos of old Pensacola 1/12/2014, 11:13 am

Cool Photos of old Pensacola C034082

Cool Photos of old Pensacola Rc08097

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 1/12/2014, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

2Cool Photos of old Pensacola Empty Re: Cool Photos of old Pensacola 1/12/2014, 11:31 am

Bayou Chico when the Railroad trestle was still there.
Cool Photos of old Pensacola C030832

3Cool Photos of old Pensacola Empty Re: Cool Photos of old Pensacola 1/12/2014, 11:37 am

Goverrment and "O"st  You can almost see my old house.
Cool Photos of old Pensacola C034111

4Cool Photos of old Pensacola Empty Re: Cool Photos of old Pensacola 1/12/2014, 12:15 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Bayou Chico when the Railroad trestle was still there.
Cool Photos of old Pensacola C030832

Ichi,

I was with a friend driving over the new bridge last week and I asked him "did you live here when it was the drawbridge?".
He said yes he did and then told me he remembered the time when the wife of a Blue Angel pilot (who had daredevil blood in her too) jumped her car from one side to the other after the bridge had gone up (partially I presume).
I don't remember knowing about that happening, do you?

5Cool Photos of old Pensacola Empty Re: Cool Photos of old Pensacola 1/12/2014, 12:32 pm

You always had those stories. Maybe, maybe not. You could do it if the bridge was just starting to open. I think the Drawbridge operator would stop the lift if they saw a vehicle out of position. Anyways if they stopped it it would make the jump easier. People talked about it a lot, but I don't know of anyone who tried it.
But a Navy(maybe a Marine)officer did get killed trying to jump the Pensacola Beach draw bridge. Tried it on a motor cycle and hit the other side as it was going up. Better odds trying to jump it when it was going down.

6Cool Photos of old Pensacola Empty Re: Cool Photos of old Pensacola 1/12/2014, 12:54 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thanks for the photos. They bring back happy memories from my childhood. It was a regular event for us to go to the Dairybar for ice cream and then ride around the old Bayfront auditorium.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum