Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

13 photos of Pensacola from before you were born. LONG before. lol

+2
polecat
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://pulsegulfcoast.com/2016/01/13-photos-of-pensacola-from-before-you-were-born

Cool pics. Only thing I recognized, from other old pictures I've seen before, is the old PHS in the Lee Square pic.

Thanks, Bob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If you noticed the photo of the old gas station at 500 W Jackson,  SheWrites,
that building still stands...

13 photos of Pensacola from before you were born.  LONG before.  lol After10

13 photos of Pensacola from before you were born.  LONG before.  lol Before10

Near which crossroad? I took a double take at that one but can't place it. The architecture looks familiar.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:Near which crossroad?  I took a double take at that one but can't place it.  The architecture looks familiar.  

Corner of Jackson and DeVilliers.  The next block north on DeVilliers is Joe Morris Funeral Home.  Two blocks south on DeVilliers is Five Sisters Blues Cafe.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is who DeVilliers St got it's name from...

http://www.pensapedia.com/wiki/Marcos_de_Villiers

polecat

polecat

KOOL
THX BOB

2seaoat

Andrew Jackson was a dick.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Great pictures.

Bob wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Near which crossroad?  I took a double take at that one but can't place it.  The architecture looks familiar.  

Corner of Jackson and DeVilliers.  The next block north on DeVilliers is Joe Morris Funeral Home.  Two blocks south on DeVilliers is Five Sisters Blues Cafe.

Yes. I know it now.

RealLindaL

I wasn't born nor raised in Pensacola but still loved looking at these great pics, and thinking about all those people who passed this way before us.

Hallmarkgard

For well over 20 years maybe closer to 30 there was a 57 Cadillac Eldorado on blocks under the driveway. The guys refused to sell it or do anything with it. It just sat there. I was surprised to see it gone. Razz BTW that used to be on my Paper route. Back then Smiths Bakery was across the street. The smell of fresh baked bread was a good way to start the mornings.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum