Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Im moving - finally-great news

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Im moving - finally-great news  Empty Im moving - finally-great news 1/11/2014, 12:47 pm

cool1

cool1

The story goes --I live in a shoe with less and small rooms I didn't know what to do!!!

For years ive owned this house -lately I fixed it up its a shoe meaning you could stand at the front door turn around and you would be in bathroom  Laughing I built a building for my daughter real nice out back so she could have room , did a lot of work to the place and now moving again , I tried moving before only to come back because everything out there is so High priced -then I would move back into my shoe  Laughing I had no where to put our clothes so I had to use my second bedroom for all our clothes --no room to eat -my table is in my living room and no room to put furniture in .
the only thing good about this place is yard huge huge yard but you cant live in the yard  Shocked  

So a friend of mine I know is going to let me buy his house -hes a snowbird lol and these people came in and rented his house and did damage SO--Hes going to let me buy it  Laughing A 3 berdroom 1 bath --larger rooms then I have. It has 2 lots to it ---He redid wiring and remodled the whole house ,
Lets put it this way I could never have company over to my house now because no where to sit at all-couldn't have sleep overs if one of my family members come to see me --I had to put my Christmas tree practically on top of my couch lol

Hee Hee I have prayed so many years for a break and now I have my break at what im 51 now lol---- The point is I live in 800 sq-foot now -- The living room and Kitchen combined--well the house im in could fit twice in the other house 3 bedroom and you can fit dressers  Shocked  drive way with a roof that needs some work not much--My new living room is so huge , I cant wait till next Christmas , I think I would buy a big tree just to look at it in awwww,
when you open the front door its all open like a big huge party room --like my husbands family he is 1 of 12 --heehee I could put everyone in the front room and there children and there children  Very Happy 

now for the work I want to do --- I want to popcorn the cealing with sparkles all through the house --I have to Paint all the walls -put carpet in all 3-bedrooms --Im thinking about putting carpet in the living room part !!!  Before I do that replace some sheet rock--that is it --well Im going to put 2 windows in the living room--paint doors or get new ones -That's it !!!!!!

Now for the best part of all since Im poor lol------ready for this part -you will fall out of your chair --$250 a month for 13 years rent to own .   Laughing 
right now im paying on 2 vehicles which will be paid in 3 years  Rolling Eyes then all that money will come back into the house -then I could probably pay off other house early then --well guess what somewhere in that time I may be able to afford even Health care to  Laughing ----------- tongue 

bounce    cheers  But while im doing this my internet will be interrupted im going to try to do all this in the next month   affraid --- cheers I thank God for my blessings  Wink The funny part My daughter still wants the building I built for her to be moved she don't want to give up her building --she said she likes the privacy--shes 17--- Shocked Good thing I wont have to move it far -just across the street  Laughing

Congrats Coolio..!! Good luck with the move..!!

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Yah for you! Dreams of achievement still exist

Hope you' ll find happiness and sanctity there.

cool1

cool1

Thank You --the draw back is taxes only around 600 a year because the man said he didn't want to get hurt again -he just had the house put back in his name ----the other people he put it in there name and took him forever to get it back!!He said rental property taxes are high --But he may change his mind then I could homestead then the taxes would be much lower .

Last edited by cool1 on 1/11/2014, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wow! Obviously, Oregon has much higher property taxes than y'all down there Smile
I'm looking to move too, am in a manufactured right now, on small property, and need to move to town. Want a stick home this time. Anyway, one house I'm looking at 3/2, 1200 sq ft, has over $2,000 in prop taxes.
That's twice what I pay here.
We have zero sales tax tho. Gotta make their $$ somehow.

So you're going to have two house payments? Why don't you just sell the other house?

cool1

cool1

jose balu wrote:Wow! Obviously, Oregon has much higher property taxes than y'all down there Smile
I'm looking to move too, am in a manufactured right now, on small property, and need to move to town. Want a stick home this time. Anyway, one house I'm looking at 3/2, 1200 sq ft, has over $2,000 in prop taxes.
That's twice what I pay here.
We have zero sales tax tho. Gotta make their $$ somehow.

$2000 property tax wow that is a lot --If I get to homestead the other place the property tax will only be around 300 or 400 --wow $2000  Shocked 

cool1

cool1

Dreamsglore wrote:So you're going to have two house payments? Why don't you just sell the other house?

I don't know if your talking to Josi or me lol--anyway --the house im in now is paid for . the house im trying to get has high taxes . My brother he is single will be staying in my small house im leaving , I have a trailer I bought a 1 bedroom in a trailer park that my brother is in now--im selling that one real cheap --needs work . then take the money and put it into the house im buying . lot rent where trailer is now is $225 so that will come back to me to turn over to the owner of the house im getting which I will have to pay $25 more that's it .  Wink 

Oh I misunderstood your post. I thought you had to pay for both houses. Does this guy have a mortgage on the house or is it paid for?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I'm going to suggest you contact a real estate attorney to look this deal over...you do have a written agreement, don't you? Also have a reputable home inspector examine the property for defects.

Floridatexan wrote:
I'm going to suggest you contact a real estate attorney to look this deal over...you do have a written agreement, don't you?  Also have a reputable home inspector examine the property for defects.  

Yes, do get it in writing. $250/mo for 13 years is just $39,000 (no interest included). It would be hard to swallow if, after 13 years of "payments" the guy reneges, and says it was rent all along, and that he still owns it.  With nothing in writing, you'd be hard-pressed to convince a judge otherwise.

Good luck!

Plus he'll get a house almost paid for and she has to absorb all the costs of a homeowner w/ no benefits. I guess he's paying the home owners insurance?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I'm happy for you Cool.

cool1

cool1

Dreamsglore wrote:Oh I misunderstood your post. I thought you had to pay for both houses. Does this guy have a mortgage on the house or is it paid for?

No house is clear and no mortgage on it and for sure im going to have paper work done through lawyer for sure.

cool1

cool1

colaguy wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I'm going to suggest you contact a real estate attorney to look this deal over...you do have a written agreement, don't you?  Also have a reputable home inspector examine the property for defects.  

Yes, do get it in writing. $250/mo for 13 years is just $39,000 (no interest included). It would be hard to swallow if, after 13 years of "payments" the guy reneges, and says it was rent all along, and that he still owns it.  With nothing in writing, you'd be hard-pressed to convince a judge otherwise.

Good luck!

I will make sure everything is right --No interest is right !!
Ive known the man for many years he is okay but I will still make sure I do it right.

cool1

cool1

Joanimaroni wrote:I'm happy for you Cool.

Thank you im happy about it .  Very Happy --fixin to watch 2 movies from red box now  Laughing 

congrats. sounds too good to be true, be watchful .

cool1

cool1

I will Chrissy--yhe second movie was called Incideious something like that it was creepy.  Shocked --the first one --Hang over 3 -so good any funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum