Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bad news for Shell, great news for planet earth!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Screw Amerika Inc -- you know -- all those corporate oligarchs aka "those fucking bloodsuckers," it looks like you bastards won't be able to spew more pollutants in the Arctic ... for awhile anyway.

Meanwhile, undersea turbine generators being tested in Alaska have performed better than anticipated. They run on currents and tides. Smart.

And meanwhile, electric and fuel cell cars are starting to prove their efficacy.

It's a good time to be alive. On earth.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Here is the article to go with your premise:

Shell exits Arctic after ‘disappointing exploration outcome’

http://www.ogj.com/articles/2015/09/shell-exits-arctic-after-disappointing-exploration-outcome.html?cmpid=EnlDailySeptember282015&eid=288268884&bid=1188200

The article is interesting in that it talks about how the U.S. is importing less and less oil now. We are finding more of it in North America, and the move to energy sources beyond fossil fuels is an unstoppable movement. You can thank the climate-change movement for the latter, even though I do not believe in the 10-15 year 'tipping points' the activists carp about, or the giant government intrusions they clamor for.

Hey, I am not against the move to renewables. There will always be a market for oil and gas, even if it is not burned for its energy content. Think: plastics, synthetic rubber, fertilizers, chemical feedstocks, pharmaceuticals. Burning oil and gas is actually wasteful, as the products have a myriad of other important uses.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

I can't imagine anyone saddened about Shell's decision to abort . . . .

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Here is the article to go with your premise:

Shell exits Arctic after ‘disappointing exploration outcome’

http://www.ogj.com/articles/2015/09/shell-exits-arctic-after-disappointing-exploration-outcome.html?cmpid=EnlDailySeptember282015&eid=288268884&bid=1188200

The article is interesting in that it talks about how the U.S. is importing less and less oil now. We are finding more of it in North America, and the move to energy sources beyond fossil fuels is an unstoppable movement. You can thank the climate-change movement for the latter, even though I do not believe in the 10-15 year 'tipping points' the activists carp about, or the giant government intrusions they clamor for.

Hey, I am not against the move to renewables. There will always be a market for oil and gas, even if it is not burned for its energy content. Think: plastics, synthetic rubber, fertilizers, chemical feedstocks, pharmaceuticals. Burning oil and gas is actually wasteful, as the products have a myriad of other important uses.

Plastics can be made from hemp, which is biodegradable, unlike plastics made from petroleum, which don't readily degrade and are polluting the Earth. You should begin divesting, if you have not already done so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum