Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official forum prediction: Auburn will win the championship

+5
Hospital Bob
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
boards of FL
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ghost Rider wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I guess it is only fitting that the SEC team loses due to the very same type of play that allowed them to even play in this matchup.

I will say this. Don't count the SEC out just because they didn't continue their championship streak.

2013 season ACC vs SEC dead even.....look it up...

PD, you may want to count again, the ACC was victorious in 5 bowl games while the SEC won 7 bowl games. That does not seem dead even to me. The ACC beat Bowling Green, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Ohio State and Auburn while the SEC beat Georgia Tech, Rice, Duke, Wisconsin, Iowa, Oklahoma State and Houston.

HEAD TO HEAD ALL SEASON

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I guess it is only fitting that the SEC team loses due to the very same type of play that allowed them to even play in this matchup.

I will say this. Don't count the SEC out just because they didn't continue their championship streak.

2013 season ACC vs SEC dead even.....look it up...

The SEC went 7-3 in bowl games. The ACC went 4-6.

FSU squeaked by on a desperation faked punt and a kick off return. Let's be honest, Jimbo Fisher was basically calling it a game with that faked up. Trey Mason alone rushed for 195 on this FSU team.

FSU found a way to win the game, but it was ugly. Very very ugly.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ghost Rider wrote:All the talk about one conference being stronger than another is pure BS.

Except for the fact that it isn't. If you look at the conferences, the SEC dwarfs everyone else in terms of how many players they put in the NFL. Then there is the fact that they have dominated the last decade of college football. I'd say these are fairly good metrics in comparing conferences.

I'd have still liked to see a smash mouth defense w a ball control offense take on fsu. I don't think msu would've beaten fsu... but I do think they'd have beaten auburn. The champ game was probably a one in twenty outcome. Fsu would've killed em any other.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum