Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Vice President Paul Ryan Medicare thread.

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is a thread to discuss what Paul Ryan as vice-president will do to change medicare.
I'm interested in anything and everything anyone wants to contribute to this discussion. Because I will be Medicare age in a year and a half so it matters to me (and to the rest of you old farts) as much as any issue we are facing.
Give us the liberal slant, the conservative slant, the republican slant, the democrat slant. I want to get it all in front of us here so we can get this hay down to where us (old) goats can get at it.
And I also welcome opinion from younger folks like the forum administrator.
Because there's one thing about getting old and needing health care when we do. Sooner or later no one is exempt from it.

Last edited by Buttman on 8/11/2012, 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll start if off with this from Forbes...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2012/03/20/paul-ryans-new-and-improved-plan-for-medicare-and-medicaid-reform/

As I'm posting it I haven't read it. So I don't even know which slant it has.
I'll read it now.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's some of the democrat and the republican spin all on one page. So as you can see this is gonna be a bitch for us to get through the bullshit and get to the truth...

Ryan just did Democrats a huge favor: Last year, Ryan and other GOP leaders got their colleagues to "hold hands and jump off the cliff together," says Steve Benen at MSNBC, by voting for "the party's right-wing, Medicare-killing plan." It was a near suicidal act — "the attack ads wrote themselves." Now the incredibly unpopular proposals are back, and Ryan is asking Republicans to vote once again for a plan that guts Medicare to give "a big tax cut to the wealthy." Vulnerable GOP incumbents might as well start packing their bags now.
"Why the House GOP may not love its own budget plan"

Actually, this shows voters Republicans are the grown-ups: Ryan's budget is "coherent, responsible, and serious," says Yuval Levin at National Review. His attempt to enact long-overdue Medicare reform is "the most needful and essential of his prescriptions," and it shows "why the coming election matters." Either we can return Democrats to power and continue "the same blind march" toward fiscal catastrophe, or we can go with the GOP, and have "a genuine cause for hope."
"The new Ryan budget"

http://theweek.com/article/index/225793/paul-ryans-new-medicare-killing-budget-will-it-help-the-gop

4The Vice President Paul Ryan Medicare thread. Empty Ryan 8/11/2012, 10:02 am

http://www.medicarerights.org/issues-actions/medicare-watch.php?utm_source=Medicare-Watch-email&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_term=mcw&utm_content=mcw&utm_campaign=MCW+8.9.12

Here's one for you? I may have posted it before.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Reaper,

Recently you posted that under Obama's medicare reform those who turn 65 before Jan 1, 2014 will be grandfathered in to the existing Medicare benefits.
I will turn 65 one month after this so I wouldn't be grandfathered into that.

Do we happen to know what date Paul Ryan's latest plan makes us "grandfathers" vs "shit out of luck"?

6The Vice President Paul Ryan Medicare thread. Empty Proposal 8/11/2012, 10:14 am

Hell, this sounds really close to Medicare Advantage but with a little tweaking, but nothing works like it's suppose to once these clowns pass a bill. He is really saying lets over haul Bush's Medicare act of 2003.

The new GOP budget would create a “Medicare Exchange”—much like Obamacare’s insurance exchanges but with a public option—for future retirees who are under the age of 55 today. Critically, the level of premium support would be determined by the second-least expensive plan in a region, or traditional fee-for-service Medicare, whichever was lower. Seniors would keep the savings if they chose a cheaper plan:

The second-least expensive approved plan or fee-for-service Medicare, whichever is least expensive, would establish the benchmark that determines the premium-support amount for the plan chosen by the senior. If a senior chose a costlier plan than the benchmark plan, he or she would be responsible for paying the difference between the premium subsidy and the monthly premium. Conversely, if that senior chose a plan that cost less than the benchmark, he or she would be given a rebate for the difference. Payments to plans would be risk-adjusted and geographically rated. Private health plans would be required to cover at least the actuarial equivalent of the benefit package provided by fee-for-service Medicare.

Buttman wrote:Reaper,

Recently you posted that under Obama's medicare reform those who turn 65 before Jan 1, 2014 will be grandfathered in to the existing Medicare benefits.

Do we happen to know what date Paul Ryan's latest plan makes us "grandfathers" vs "shit out of luck"?

Crap Bob I must be getting old I don't remember posting that. Are you sure I wasn't speaking about the under 65 products and how the health care reform act will be implemented? Obama doesn't have much about Medicare reform in his ahca. A cut here and there and closing the gap in the Part D prescription drug plan over the next few years.

As far as the grandfathered under 65 plans some people may not be able to keep them and have to change on Jan 1 2014, but I'm thinking that MEGA is not a major medical anyway and it's more like a supplementary plan that pays a little here and there so you may be able to keep it until Feb 1 2014 when you go on Medicare.

Ryans plan hasn't passed the house yet and after a little thought, if Romney and Ryan are elected well let's face it not many of our VP's have any pull and his ideas just may fade out.

Buttman wrote:Reaper,

Oh I think it's age 55 for his grandfather plan (Ryan that is)

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

reaper1948 wrote:

Oh I think it's age 55 for his grandfather plan (Ryan that is)
From a strictly selfish standpoint, I'm starting to like it already. lol

I have to come clean and be honest about this. I'm to the point now that all I give a damn about is having good Medicare benefits when my time comes.
As you have told me, I've been saddled with the worst health insurance policy in the industry for 35 years. It's to the point now that I'm paying $5000/year for a policy that has never paid anything in benefits.
I keep paying it only because if I contract a catastrophic illness before I turn 65, I'm hoping that it will help me to avoid medical bankruptcy. Although the policy has so much fine print and is so difficult for me to grasp, that I'm not even sure it will be able to accomplish that for me and I may face medical bankruptcy anyway.
And as you know, I CANNOT replace it with anything because I'm inelligible for any other insurance.

So I am counting the days to when I can get REAL health insurance through Medicare. If I can ever get to that point then it will take a lot of stress off my economic security.
So I have to be thinking selfishly when I try to sort all this out.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob somebody is going to get everything you own when you depart...might as well be some Doctor so he can pay for his Bently.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Bob somebody is going to get everything you own when you depart...might as well be some Doctor so he can pay for his Bently.
Yes, that would be an option.
But if I can manage to hang on to some of it, I can will it to Alex Jones so he can use it to try to help save the world from the Illuminatti. I would think you would find that to be a better option.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Buttman wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Bob somebody is going to get everything you own when you depart...might as well be some Doctor so he can pay for his Bently.
Yes, that would be an option.
But if I can manage to hang on to some of it, I can will it to Alex Jones so he can use it to try to help save the world from the Illuminatti. I would think you would find that to be a better option.

Actually you should just buy some Tangy Tangerine from Alex and keep yourself healthy...that way you can live and stop the Illuminati...

bob, we're all screwed either way you put it. The NWO has spoken.

the order has a long time ago infiltrated the right as well as owning the left.

go buy a pig and have a pig roast, enjoy yourself while you can.

food will soon be a comodity of the rich, as I told markle years ago.

so is healthcare.

weve all lost unless a ron paul miracle happens.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I guess maybe you're all right about this. Maybe if I can just get myself brainwashed into "The Illuminatt/New World Order/Trilateral Commission/Bilderbergers Is Causing Everything Bad in the World" conspiracy theory, that will provide me an escape from the mundane topics like needing health care in old age.

So to get my head on the right track, I'm now going to forget about ryan and obama and medicare and just start watching Alex Jones yell at the Bilderbergers/Illuminatti through his megaphone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwErcWaRXkc

bob, let me put this as planly as I can for you.

forget about all that illuminati stuff if you must. makes no diff.

facts are this: your medicare or anyones healthcare is going to be messed with no matter who wins.

this was a big worry with many because of romneys previous health laws and it is coming true.

both candidates are going to change medicare.

so putting that aside, if you can, all that is left is who will be better for the rest of the issues?

im starting to think clearer now that ive had 2 beers.

yes, this is working very well Twisted Evil

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Buttman wrote:I guess maybe you're all right about this. Maybe if I can just get myself brainwashed into "The Illuminatt/New World Order/Trilateral Commission/Bilderbergers Is Causing Everything Bad in the World" conspiracy theory, that will provide me an escape from the mundane topics like needing health care in old age.

So to get my head on the right track, I'm now going to forget about ryan and obama and medicare and just start watching Alex Jones yell at the Bilderbergers/Illuminatti through his megaphone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwErcWaRXkc

Bob having a reason to live is more important than healthcare. From what I know of you you are committing slow suicide anyway, with your smoking , drinking and spending hours in front of your computer on your butt. Get active Bob..do something . Incidently I do quite a bit of my online on a computer jointed to a tread mill. Walk run get sun...best doctor advice you will ever get...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

*Secret_Angel* wrote:bob, let me put this as planly as I can for you.

That works for me, Chrissy. Except I need more than two. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, I made the mistake of emailing this thread to some friends and relatives who are also at or nearing Medicare age because I thought this discussion group might could provide me and them some information about what might happen to Medicare.
Because the thread has now concentrated on conspiracy theory stuff, if they read this they won't understand who the poster "teotawki" is who commented earlier in the thread.

This is for them to help them understand how teowaki's mind works...

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t1221-oh-frick-bob-romney-is-a-mason-illuminati-mormon-worshipper-of-luciferdangvote-ron-paul#13255

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Buttman wrote:Here's some of the democrat and the republican spin all on one page. So as you can see this is gonna be a bitch for us to get through the bullshit and get to the truth...

Ryan just did Democrats a huge favor: Last year, Ryan and other GOP leaders got their colleagues to "hold hands and jump off the cliff together," says Steve Benen at MSNBC, by voting for "the party's right-wing, Medicare-killing plan." It was a near suicidal act — "the attack ads wrote themselves." Now the incredibly unpopular proposals are back, and Ryan is asking Republicans to vote once again for a plan that guts Medicare to give "a big tax cut to the wealthy." Vulnerable GOP incumbents might as well start packing their bags now.

Actually, this shows voters Republicans are the grown-ups: Ryan's budget is "coherent, responsible, and serious," says Yuval Levin at National Review. His attempt to enact long-overdue Medicare reform is "the most needful and essential of his prescriptions," and it shows "why the coming election matters." Either we can return Democrats to power and continue "the same blind march" toward fiscal catastrophe, or we can go with the GOP, and have "a genuine cause for hope."
"The new Ryan budget"

http://theweek.com/article/index/225793/paul-ryans-new-medicare-killing-budget-will-it-help-the-gop

And he said all that without batting an eye. Oh, yeah, I'm so hopeful that we might return to Bush-era fiscal responsibility. It was such a comfort having both Bushes at the helm, but especially L'il George the pretender.

Pay attention!!! Nothing has changed in Republican policy. Elect a Republican and watch whatever is left for the people dwindle to crumbs, and that includes Social Security.

Buttman wrote:
*Secret_Angel* wrote:bob, let me put this as planly as I can for you.

That works for me, Chrissy. Except I need more than two. lol

well hurry up and catch up dammit, a damn god< got that from you> planet is going to smash us all anyway. and I need someone else to be as non caring about all this shit as me. drunken

Floridatexan wrote:
Buttman wrote:Here's some of the democrat and the republican spin all on one page. So as you can see this is gonna be a bitch for us to get through the bullshit and get to the truth...

"The new Ryan budget"

And he said all that without batting an eye. Oh, yeah, I'm so hopeful that we might return to Bush-era fiscal responsibility. It was such a comfort having both Bushes at the helm, but especially L'il George the pretender.

Pay attention!!! Nothing has changed in Republican policy. Elect a Republican and watch whatever is left for the people dwindle to crumbs, and that includes Social Security.

yeah, because the obama era has been so fruitful for all of us.

I feel so stupid No

Obamacare already "messes" with medicare... where is the outrage over that?

PkrBum wrote:Obamacare already "messes" with medicare... where is the outrage over that?

they dot get it.

its like two trains headed toward one another, and some feel they need to pick a train to win.

frankly at this point, ive jumped off the tracks.

my vote will go to Ron, and if it gets really bad, I'll just have to move in with Teo Razz

what's not been considered as yet... is that ryan would have less control over legislation as vp. john adams hated being vp for that reason... perhaps the powers that be are doing this for that reason... it's embarrassing to have someone practicing common sense right in the middle of congress.

PkrBum wrote:what's not been considered as yet... is that ryan would have less control over legislation as vp. john adams hated being vp for that reason... perhaps the powers that be are doing this for that reason... it's embarrassing to have someone practicing common sense right in the middle of congress.

dont matter. people are stupid

a VP only counts if your a republican

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum