Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gulf Breeze teen kills mom.

+7
QueenOfHearts
2seaoat
Ghost Rider
Hospital Bob
dumpcare
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 4:15 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

http://m.nwfdailynews.com/local/teen-charged-in-murder-of-his-mother-on-christmas-eve-1.254087?page=2

27Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 4:49 pm

dumpcare

Well that kind of made me sick to my stomach while I had the pictures in my mind. What the hell made this kid do that to anyone, especially his mother? I see they are sending him for evaluation, I certainly hope he does not get off on an insanity plea.

28Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 5:05 pm

2seaoat

The Santa Rosa Sheriff's office dropped the ball in my opinion by expanding on the mother being stabbed to death and providing far too much specific and graphic detail of the crime scene. If this kid had someone helping him or others were involved, this kind of detail is not released until the trial. Very poor use of information, and the graphic detail is being exposed to children who read the newspaper. The horror of a son stabbing his mother to death should have been enough. Not real impressed with the person who allowed the graphic details to be released initially, until all possible theories have been exhausted. Bush league.

29Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 5:16 pm

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Joanimaroni wrote:http://m.nwfdailynews.com/local/teen-charged-in-murder-of-his-mother-on-christmas-eve-1.254087?page=2

Thanks for that link. At least the daughter was not home and was not the one to discover her mother. That would have been an image she could never get rid of. Just so horrible.  Sad 

30Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 5:30 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The Santa Rosa Sheriff's office dropped the ball in my opinion by expanding on the mother being stabbed to death and providing far too much specific and graphic detail of the crime scene.   If this kid had someone helping him or others were involved, this kind of detail is not released until the trial.  Very poor use of information, and the graphic detail is being exposed to children who read the newspaper.  The horror of a son stabbing his mother to death should have been enough.   Not real impressed with the person who allowed the graphic details to be released initially, until all possible theories have been exhausted.  Bush league.

You are assuming the police releases the information. I think your assumption is incorrect. The call when in as a medical emergency. Fire and first responders arrived before the police and the neighbors went in after the kid fled the scene.

31Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 5:34 pm

OMG! This was one sick and dangerous kid.

32Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 5:47 pm

It's as if the knife was left like that for the horror effect... there has to be more to that kids history. Highly disturbed.

33Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 5:54 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

The information regarding the crime, for the most part, can be obtained under the FOIA. Of course certain items would be redacted, but method of death, cause of death etc., etc,

34Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 6:04 pm

dumpcare

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2529305/High-school-baseball-star-17-beat-mother-bat-fatally-slashed-throat-stabbed-eye-Christmas-Eve-argument.html

35Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 6:19 pm

2seaoat

I will stick to my premise.   A proper crime scene does not release all the information about the specific injuries.   In an investigation this information may prove to later be critical.   If emergency personnel are freely releasing information from a crime scene, a training issue should be raised.  I suspect however, this came from the SO.  We will see who provided this horrific detail information to the press.  The press sells newspapers with grisly detail.  I cannot emphasize how critical it is to keep some information at a crime scene not public, and if folks in emergency services do not understand their role in the same......the SA better get out there and start training.  Also a FOIA request does not instantly be reviewed by the FOIA officer for the agency, and therein issues the requested material.   There are most certainly exceptions for an ongoing criminal investigation so the whole FOIA angle is a bit absurd.......somebody spoke out of school.

36Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 6:47 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Seaoat you can think what you want but I will repeat myself, the neighbors were first in the house.....you are incorrect.

37Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 7:06 pm

2seaoat

Fire and first responders arrived before the police and the neighbors went in after the kid fled the scene.

Are you telling me that police arrived after the ambulance?

38Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 7:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote: Fire and first responders arrived before the police and the neighbors went in after the kid fled the scene.

Are you telling me that police arrived after the ambulance?
. I never mentioned the ambulance.

39Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 7:18 pm

2seaoat

Ok, I will try this again. Are you telling me a fire engine arrived at this murder scene before the police arrived?

40Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 7:35 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2013-12-26
2seaoat wrote:Ok, I will try this again.  Are you telling me a fire engine arrived at this murder scene before the police arrived?

You really have your facts messed up. The original call went out as.....here it is read carefully......a medical emergency. When a call goes out for a medical emergency, fire and EMS are notified to roll while the dispatcher is still obtaing information. First responders that monitor fire and EMS calls respond also.

Now, logistically.....the fire station is 6 blocks away. As more information is received and if the situation is possibly a code situation or a possible death the SO is notified. Several deputies carry an AED ( automatic electronic defibrillator). Who arrived first.......it was the neighbors. Who arrived second.....no clue.

I will add that I know most of the deputies in district 1. They are competent and professional. For you to blindly acusse them without any thing other than speculation is wrong.

41Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 7:51 pm

2seaoat

I am not blindly doing anything. A murder scene without exception should not be sending in first responders until the site is swept. My only comments have been that murder scene facts should not have been released in the detail it was to the press. Somebody talked. I have not blindly accused the police, the first responders, but my suspicions remain as to who released these details. Law enforcement should never release this kind of detail beyond the possibility more may have been involved, it will prejudice a jury selection. I stand on my original comments. The details released on this murder scene indicate either somebody in an official position dropped the ball, or the murder scene was not properly secured. If you are telling me the neighbors came over immediately and reported these facts to the press, I have not seen those interviews, nor could I doubt that is possible if first responders went into a murder scene first..........I have just seen very strict guidelines in regard to a response to a murder. I know a fire chief who had to wait three minutes for a sweep of a home before his people could get into the murder scene. They followed well defined regulations in regard to the same.

These grisly details should never have been released. The mother being stabbed to death was sufficient for initial information being released and certainly until all avenues of investigation had been exhausted and a potential jury was not being prejudiced, could these details wait.....sure could.

42Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 8:00 pm

2seaoat

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/forensic-science-communications/fsc/april2000/twgcsi.pdf

Please read pages 12 and 13 of the FBI training protocols.

43Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 8:09 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I am not blindly doing anything.   A murder scene without exception should not be sending in first responders until the site is swept.   My only comments have been that murder scene facts should not have been released in the detail it was to the press.  Somebody talked.   I have not blindly accused the police, the first responders, but my suspicions remain as to who released these details.   Law enforcement should never release this kind of detail beyond the possibility more may have been involved, it will prejudice a jury selection.  I stand on my original comments.   The details released on this murder scene indicate either somebody in an official position dropped the ball, or the murder scene was not properly secured.  If you are telling me the neighbors came over immediately and reported these facts to the press, I have not seen those interviews, nor could I doubt that is possible if first responders went into a murder scene first..........I have just seen very strict guidelines in regard to a response to a murder.  I know a fire chief who had to wait three minutes for a sweep of a home before his people could get into the murder scene.  They followed well defined regulations in regard to the same.

These grisly details should never have been released.  The mother being stabbed to death was sufficient for initial information being released and certainly until all avenues of investigation had been exhausted and a potential jury was not being prejudiced, could these details wait.....sure could.

The call did not go out as a MURDER......it went out as a medical emergency. As soon as it was established it was a murder the scene is secured. When you watch a news person reporting from the scene of a crime who are they interviewing? They're inteviewing neighbors not the police or medical personnel. Once again........that kind of detailed info did not come from on scene professionals. You are wrong.

44Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 8:22 pm

2seaoat

You are wrong.

Please show me the interview on tv, or in the press where this detail was disclosed by a neighbor. I understand you may have some inside information, please share the same. In the meantime grisly crime detail was released which may prejudice juries, and may have given anybody else involved in this murder much needed information. I stand on my original comments. Probability tells us someone dropped the ball.

45Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 8:33 pm

I'd like to know why the fire chief or any of the fireman are at crime scenes?

46Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 8:38 pm

2seaoat

I'd like to know why the fire chief or any of the fireman are at crime scenes?

We need to hear the 911 call to get our answers. If the 911 call involved information on the attack of this woman.....the police should have done their sweep first. Joannie has inside information on this so I am going to defer to her for now, but I cannot imagine that the detail would not have been provided on the 911 call.....these grisly details should never have been released.

47Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 8:43 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:I'd like to know why the fire chief or any of the fireman are at crime scenes?
Firemen are crossed trained as EMT's and some are paramedics. Fire, in Santa Rosa county and I assume Escambia county are  always dispatched for medical emergencies. In the south end of the county.....fire usually arrives before EMS.

The call did not go out as " a crime " it was for a medical emergency.

Seaoat call Navarre Press and tell them about juries and the SA...but don't blame the on scene professionals for something you think they might have done.  

The neighbors were the first on the scene......I'm m sure they were traumatized by the sight and word spread quickly in that very small close knit neighborhood.

48Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 8:45 pm

dumpcare

When an ambulance is called here in GB, the ambulance, fire truck and a policeman normally last will show up. I know this from personal experience 4 times. If you don't think for a minute that the neighbor's at the crime scene, probably some teenager's didn't start texting what they had over heard you are dead wrong. The texting was going on like crazy yesterday morning. I have two older grand kids one that graduated last year from the hs.

Hell when she went into work Tuesday at a local fast food place all the kids there were texting and talking about the Goodman boy earlier that day. I don't believe for one minute any of the responder's told anyone at the crime scene. Things have a way of just getting out, a smart reporter would know very well who to hang around at a crime scene.

49Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 8:51 pm

2seaoat

Seaoat call Navarre Press and tell them about juries and the SA..

Please expand your comment. Did the Navarre Press release an interview with a neighbor which you have argued provided this graphic crime scene detail? Has anybody heard the 911 calls on this tragedy?

50Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 9:04 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Seaoat call Navarre Press and tell them about juries and the SA..

Please expand your comment.  Did the Navarre Press release an interview with a neighbor which you have argued provided this graphic crime scene detail?   Has anybody heard the 911 calls on this tragedy?
. You keep saying the cops gave the details to Navarre press.

6-8 months ago there was an under aged drinking party in the next subdivision. I went to the records department, paid my 15¢ per page and got copies of the report. Underaged names and social security numbers were black out with a marker. Once filed a police report becomes a public record.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum