Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whatever separates you from God is evil.

+7
cool1
boards of FL
Markle
Ghost Rider
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

2seaoat

What is the problem with some of you bible god believers.
Is it too hard for you to understand secular history.

I consider myself a Christian who believes in God and the bible. I also am well versed in secular history. I find no contradiction. Again, I am very comfortable with Matthew 6 and it has guided me since I was a freshman in high school......and all my knowledge of history acquired after high school is very compatible with my faith.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

DennisT wrote:I have been reading this forum for a while.
Sorry, some of you can’t stand for a new member to post.
You can have it all to yourselves now and  the  few posters that only contribute the same post over and over.
Some of you really need a life !

I have been reading this forum for a while.

How original! Why are you in hidden status?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
I beg to differ. Teo is the most rational, intelligent poster that we have on this forum.

Have you read any of his posts?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion...I really like Ghosts opinions.

Ghost Rider wrote:
DennisT wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
DennisT wrote:What is the problem with some of you bible god believers.

Thank you for bringing your enlightened genius to our humble board now why don't you break forth the knowledge of the ages to us humble peasants ? Or you could just keep spouting Bullshit....

I see you are not a rational person to discuss what you call Bullshit, sad

I beg to differ. Teo is the most rational, intelligent poster that we have on this forum. You have not been here long enough to form an opinion of his rationality or else you are sock that have read his posts and are trying to stir the pot.

I am shocked you would say that,Ghost in light of the posts from Teo. I think Teo has a good and kind side to him but he most certainly does not have rational views in many things.

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:If God created science he certainly contradicts himself.LOL!

You wouldn't know a contradiction in science if it sat on your face.

You simply have no real foundation or care to have one either way or the other. You made your easiest choice and spout off with a hate like mantra any time it comes up.

I still believe deep down in side, you know the truth and fight so hard to not let it out.

It will come out though when the time is near. unless you get hit by a car or something and die in the blink of an eye without time to be given the chance to be forgiven.

I don't believe in myths and superstitions. If that makes me angry and bitter then so be it.LOL! You ,however, are a mostly crazed individual that makes up their own rules and expects people to follow. You don't know who you are so you go back and forth between sanity and insanity. Sad for you.

Markle wrote:
DennisT wrote:A rational person will read many books to search for answers of the unknown.
A religious person will read ONE book and think he knows everything.
Yay for secular history and science that has expose the myths and superstitions of ancient religions and especially the secular history of bible.

That's just foolish.  

You're just foolish for believing such nonsense after you've grown up.

cool1

cool1

[quote="2seaoat"]I think I will pass on the hypocrites dictating what the bible means or what god mean.....I put my faith entirely in Matthew 6

Matthew 6

6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Prayer

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
   on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
   as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
   but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
[/quote

Wink I like Mathew 6 to!

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

boards of FL wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
I beg to differ. Teo is the most rational, intelligent poster that we have on this forum.

Have you read any of his posts?

Probably every one of them.

knothead

knothead

All these posts thus far illustrate one thing . . . . they clearly make the case as to why religion is based on faith . . . . nothing more nothing less. People either believe or they do not . . . simple actually.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
DennisT wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Thank you for bringing your enlightened genius to our humble board now why don't you break forth the knowledge of the ages to us humble peasants ? Or you could just keep spouting Bullshit....

I beg to differ. Teo is the most rational, intelligent poster that we have on this forum. You have not been here long enough to form an opinion of his rationality or else you are sock that have read his posts and are trying to stir the pot.

I am shocked you would say that,Ghost in light of the posts from Teo. I think Teo has a good and kind side to him but he most certainly does not have rational views in many things.

One should never be shocked at anything I say. I am a very outspoken person and will give my opinion in a New York minute.

I never said that I agree 100% with all of Teo's post, but I do think, whether I agree or not, they are always well thought out and rational. Most of the posters here "shoot from the hip" and never really give any thought to what they are about to post.

knothead

knothead

Ghost Rider wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
DennisT wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

One should never be shocked at anything I say. I am a very outspoken person and will give my opinion in a New York minute.

I never said that I agree 100% with all of Teo's post, but I do think, whether I agree or not, they are always well thought out and rational. Most of the posters here "shoot from the hip" and never really give any thought to what they are about to post.

If we are going to categorize posters based on our personal opinions I would say Teo is bright and concerned but very bizarre most of the time. He has an innate ability to come up with off-the-wall topics that do concern me at times.

The smartest is Mr. Oats and Bob as far as having the ability to dissect topics in their own personal style. Nothing against my other forum friends because there are a host of very articulate posters whom I do enjoy reading their views.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Matt 5:10“Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11“Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me

Sal

Sal

Get a grip, T.

Enough with the bible verses already.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:Get a grip, T.

I understand Sal they are like holy water on a vampire in your case....I should be more considerate of your condition...

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Sal wrote:Get a grip, T.

I understand Sal they are like holy water on a vampire in your case....I should be more considerate of your condition...

More like Ambien ....

.... and, I'm gonna start charging you for the wear and tear on my scroll wheel.

lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here, Teo. You need to read Flannery O'Connor. She was a master at exposing religious hypocrisy and wouldn't let her publishers change a single word.

http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~surette/goodman.html

A Good Man Is Hard To Find

"The grandmother didn't want to go to Florida. She wanted to visit some of her connections in east Tennes- see and she was seizing at every chance to change Bailey's mind. Bailey was the son she lived with, her only boy. He was sitting on the edge of his chair at the table, bent over the orange sports section of the Journal. "Now look here, Bailey," she said, "see here, read this," and she stood with one hand on her thin hip and the other rattling the newspaper at his bald head. "Here this fellow that calls himself The Misfit is aloose from the Federal Pen and headed toward Florida and you read here what it says he did to these people. Just you read it. I wouldn't take my children in any direction with a criminal like that aloose in it. I couldn't answer to my conscience if I did."

Bailey didn't look up from his reading so she wheeled around then and faced the children's mother, a young woman in slacks, whose face was as broad and innocent as a cabbage and was tied around with a green head-kerchief that had two points on the top like rabbit's ears. She was sitting on the sofa, feeding the baby his apricots out of a jar. "The children have been to Florida before," the old lady said. "You all ought to take them somewhere else for a change so they would see different parts of the world and be broad. They never have been to east Tennessee."

The children's mother didn't seem to hear her but the eight-year-old boy, John Wesley, a stocky child with glasses, said, "If you don't want to go to Florida, why dontcha stay at home?" He and the little girl, June Star, were reading the funny papers on the floor.

"She wouldn't stay at home to be queen for a day," June Star said without raising her yellow head.

"Yes and what would you do if this fellow, The Misfit, caught you?" the grandmother asked.

"I'd smack his face," John Wesley said.

"She wouldn't stay at home for a million bucks," June Star said. "Afraid she'd miss something. She has to go everywhere we go."

"All right, Miss," the grandmother said. "Just re- member that the next time you want me to curl your hair."

June Star said her hair was naturally curly.

The next morning the grandmother was the first one in the car, ready to go. She had her big black valise that looked like the head of a hippopotamus in one corner, and underneath it she was hiding a basket with Pitty Sing, the cat, in it. She didn't intend for the cat to be left alone in the house for three days because he would miss her too much and she was afraid he might brush against one of her gas burners and accidentally asphyxiate himself. Her son, Bailey, didn't like to arrive at a motel with a cat..."

(keep reading, and stop dissing Christmas. It's the spirit that matters.)

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I can't believe I read the whole thing...now I know how Sal feels.

2seaoat

I understand Sal they are like holy water on a vampire

So T thinks his words are divinely inspired. I think we understand. I think in the end we are dealing with a mental health spectrum. Most of the time sane, but this idea that a person speaks for god.....not healthy.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

2seaoat wrote:I understand Sal they are like holy water on a vampire

So T thinks his words are divinely inspired.  I think we understand.  I think in the end we are dealing with a mental health spectrum.   Most of the time sane, but this idea that a person speaks for god.....not healthy.

No one has claimed to be speaking for God, the only thing that I have seen is quoting of scripture verses from the Bible to make a point. I do not call that speaking for God, I call it one person's understanding of a particular scripture, while some one else does no understand it the same way or dismisses it completely. But speaking for God, NO, not at all.

If I am reading Teo's posts correctly, in no way is he saying that his words are divinely inspired. He is said that the Bible is divinely inspired.

Last edited by Ghost Rider on 12/23/2013, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

I think it is fine that the heathens here do not believe in God. That's their choice. What I don't understand is, if that is what they believe, why are they so afraid of God that they have to go out of their way in a childish effort to denigrate those who are of faith. Why do they care?

2seaoat

Ghost,

If I am reading Teo's posts correctly, in no way is he saying that his words are divinely inspired. He is said that the Bible is divinely inspired.

I am sorry you are not familiar with Matthew, I am.

Matthew 5:11-12

11-12 “Not only that—count yourselves blessed every time people put you down or throw you out or speak lies about you to discredit me. What it means is that the truth is too close for comfort and they are uncomfortable. You can be glad when that happens—give a cheer, even!—for though they don’t like it, I do! And all heaven applauds. And know that you are in good company. My prophets and witnesses have always gotten into this kind of trouble.

T referenced Matthew 11 in this thread but cleverly left out his real intent which he believes he is a prophet or witness and that he speaks the word of god. He most certainly does not and probably of all the people on this forum harbors deep hate and evil, and he is a false prophet, so I will simply continue to enter bizzarro world and call him out when he is wrong or untruthful, but to think in this thread T does not believe he is speaking for God, would only require someone familiar with the scriptures to know fully well what he is saying.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If I left anything out it was for folks like Sal. Brevity is important in keeping your audiences attention, something you have never ever realized...Your line of accusation is foolish, you strain a gnat and swallow a camel dear seaoat.

2seaoat

I simply see.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Leave me alone you need to save yourself and that could be a full time job.

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:If I left anything out it was for folks like Sal. Brevity is important in keeping your audiences attention

I've read the bible from cover to cover several times, T.

You don't have to worry about brevity for my sake.

When you start in with the verses, I don't read any of it anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum