Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

God created ALL things, including these.

+4
Sal
Ghost Rider
Hospital Bob
stormwatch89
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The only sin that really can destroy us is a sin unrepented of....

Walking in the Light

(John 8:12-30)

5This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:The only sin that really can destroy us is a sin unrepented of....

Walking in the Light

5This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

ANY sin. Not one in particular is what this is saying. just so we are clear.

I however do not believe man is capable of living without ANY sin at all ever. we were born INTO sin. God knows we are all sinners. thus is why he sent his son to dye for our sins. Not just the sin of a adultery or homos or murderers or gluttons or thieves or arrogance or hatefulness or not being charitable> here maybe this list has some more of them, so many. http://www.laestrella.com/Documents/Bible_Studies/Sin_list_part_6.htm

Thus, Blasphemy is why one would not enter to the kingdom of heaven( whatever you consider that to be, that's another discussion) but they wouldn't because they had no faith and did not believe their sins would be forgiven and hence will not be.

You can toss a few hundred more bible verses at me and I will state honesty at how I view it. I don't think cherry picking little bits of pieces is a good way to go about things. Which is what happens a lot.

my grandson just came over so im going to make cookies now.

and just so you and I are clear. Ive read many bible versions, my mother was a saint and my father was a preacher for a while. so im very familiar with this subject.

I believe in God and Jesus. And I feel I have stated my position as clear as possible.  Smile 

also, I recommend you find a older bible. just for your own looksee.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

alien 
Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:The only sin that really can destroy us is a sin unrepented of....

Walking in the Light

ANY sin. Not one in particular is what this is saying. just so we are clear.

I however do not believe man is capable of living without ANY sin at all ever. we were born INTO sin. God knows we are all sinners. thus is why he sent his son to dye for our sins. Not just the sin of a adultery or homos or murderers or gluttons or thieves or arrogance or hatefulness or not being charitable> here maybe this list has some more of them, so many. http://www.laestrella.com/Documents/Bible_Studies/Sin_list_part_6.htm

Thus, Blasphemy is why one would not enter to the kingdom of heaven( whatever you consider that to be, that's another discussion) but they wouldn't because they had no faith and did not believe their sins would be forgiven and hence will not be.

You can toss a few hundred more bible verses at me and I will state honesty at how I view it. I don't think cherry picking little bits of pieces is a good way to go about things. Which is what happens a lot.

my grandson just came over so im going to make cookies now.

and just so you and I are clear. Ive read many bible versions, my mother was a saint and my father was a preacher for a while. so im very familiar with this subject.

I believe in God and Jesus. And I feel I have stated my position as clear as possible.  Smile 

also, I recommend you find a older bible. just for your own looksee.

Oh I like the thees and thous blbles I just picked NIV because it's easier for some here to understand. I preached for 14 years myself in the  type of church that the duck an goes to. I would still be there if it wasn't for preterism. They don't like that stuff. Anyway the only way to get a cheery is fo pick it. If I had wanted apples I would pick them.

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 12/22/2013, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Let's don't get so carried away that we start kidding ourselves about this.

There are millions of Americans, Robertson being one, who believe one who continues to "choose" to be a homosexual and continues to defy God's command by doing so, will not enter Heaven.
If you don't know that to be the case then you haven't listened to enough Christian radio and tv evangelists who are saying just that.

You yourself may have a different interpretation of the Bible. But if you do then your interpretation of the scripture is different from what they preach.
And they all have a lot more influence on people's thinking than anyone stating opinions on this forum.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

What the hell does what people think matter Bob ?

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:People don't learn from their religion, they shape their religion to suit their hatreds and prejudices.

I refuse to call anyone a Christian until I see them acting as Christ taught
Otherwise, they're usually just garden variety Mammonists.

Christians are not perfect nor do we claim to be perfect.  We all sin.  We are forgiven.

Who contributes more to charities and others?  Heathens or people of faith?

That would make the heathens the mammonists.  Not at all surprising since Progressives want to do all their "good work" with someone else's money, not their own.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:I don't consider myself to be an atheist.

I like to think of myself as an optimistic agnostic.

whatever you call yourself, you certainly spend a good amount of time promoting hatred, bigotry and intolerance of religious people. so you are no better. pat yourself on the back.

There is nothing wrong or immoral about calling a mass-murderer evil. Nor is it wrong to condemn Christians when they are in no way echoing the teachings of the Jewish insurgent they supposedly worship.

You said it very well when you pointed out that God made homosexuals as well as heterosexuals. And, supposedly, she's infallible.

As for myself, I appreciate gays and straights equally and I'm a strident muckraking Athiest. Screw all religions which do nothing more than instigate hatred in place of harmony!

If you believe something is terribly wrong and immoral, speak out! It was cowards who allowed Hitler to take power.

And, by the way, you seem more than a little prone to labeling anyone with whom you disagree. LOL

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:People don't learn from their religion, they shape their religion to suit their hatreds and prejudices.

Christians are not perfect nor do we claim to be perfect.  We all sin.  We are forgiven.

That would make the heathens the mammonists.  Not at all surprising since Progressives want to do all their "good work" with someone else's money, not their own.

How Christian of you .... LOL!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:I don't consider myself to be an atheist.

I like to think of myself as an optimistic agnostic.

whatever you call yourself, you certainly spend a good amount of time promoting hatred, bigotry and intolerance of religious people. so you are no better. pat yourself on the back.

There is nothing wrong or immoral about calling a mass-murderer evil.  Nor is it wrong to condemn Christians when they are in no way echoing the teachings of the Jewish insurgent they supposedly worship.

You said it very well when you pointed out that God made homosexuals as well as heterosexuals.  And, supposedly, she's infallible.

As for myself, I appreciate gays and straights equally and I'm a strident muckraking Athiest.  Screw all religions which do nothing more than instigate hatred in place of harmony!

If you believe something is terribly wrong and immoral, speak out!  It was cowards who allowed Hitler to take power.

And, by the way, you seem more than a little prone to labeling anyone with whom you disagree.   LOL

Well you are certainly nothing new or special The first bunch like you drown in the great flood.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:What the hell does what people think matter Bob?

When millions of people THOUGHT that blacks were inferior and should be treated as such,  did that not matter?

When Nazis THOUGHT Jews were inferior and should be treated as such, did that not matter?

When the King and all the others in the Church of England THOUGHT that was the only way to practice religion,  did that not matter?

When the muslims THOUGHT that America was a nation of infidels,  did that not matter?

When the commies THOUGHT that "religion was the opiate of the masses", did that not matter?

What masses of people THINK,  has consequences.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:What the hell does what people think matter Bob?

When millions of people THOUGHT that blacks were inferior and should be treated as such,  did that not matter?

When Nazis THOUGHT Jews were inferior and should be treated as such, did that not matter?

When the King and all the others in the Church of England THOUGHT that was the only way to practice religion,  did that not matter?

When the muslims THOUGHT that America was a nation of infidels,  did that not matter?

When the commies THOUGHT that "religion was the opiate of the masses",  did that not matter?

What masses of people THINK,  has consequences.

All the thinking in the world will not change one Jot or tittle in the Bible...When it relates man to man that is one thing when it relates to God that is like telling gravity to take a hike and walking off a cliff...

Revelation 22:18-19

English Standard Version (ESV)

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yes that's what you have faith in.  I get it (have for some time).  And if it floats your boat that makes me happy for you.  I say shout it from the treetops.

It's just that whenever something tries to sink my own boat,  I don't have a tendency to cowtow to that.  Just as you wouldn't.  And neither would Robertson. Not unless he proves to be mostly fake and the jury is out on that now.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Rom 3:4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar.

I don't try to justify myself. What does that accomplish even for me ? I simply want to know the truth if I can find it. Hate love or ignore me that's still where i am heading, I may never get there but the fun's in the journey....

Markle wrote:

So homosexuals will be forgiven too,right so what's the point of condemning them if they're going to be forgiven? We might as well live as any life we want as we will eventually be forgiven. LOL!

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

So homosexuals will be forgiven too,right so what's the point of condemning them if they're going to be forgiven? We might as well live as any life we want as we will eventually be forgiven. LOL!

Its not exactly that simple. You have to believe in God in order to be forgiven. You don't btw. and wonder if you go around saying all kinds of terrible things about God as you do, which clearly states as blasphemy.

You have a hatred of God and all things Godly.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

[quote="Dreamsglore"]
Markle wrote:

That would make the heathens the mammonists.  Not at all surprising since Progressives want to do all their "good work" with someone else's money, not their own.[/quote

You have to ask for it. Since He has bestowed upon us a free will, he is not going to twist our arms and force us to ask for forgiveness. Suppose you go through life living as a heathen and do not have the opportunity to ask for forgiveness before you take your last breath? Then those sins can never be forgiveness. Dreams, forgiveness and salvation is really a very simple thing to accomplish. If anyone on this forum wants to call me simple minded, then so be it. I had rather err on the side of caution than the alternative.

Ghost Rider wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

That would make the heathens the mammonists.  Not at all surprising since Progressives want to do all their "good work" with someone else's money, not their own.[/quote

You have to ask for it. Since He has bestowed upon us a free will, he is not going to twist our arms and force us to ask for forgiveness. Suppose you go through life living as a heathen and do not have the opportunity to ask for forgiveness before you take your last breath? Then those sins can never be forgiveness. Dreams, forgiveness and salvation is really a very simple thing to accomplish. If anyone on this forum wants to call me simple minded, then so be it. I had rather err on the side of caution than the alternative.

So now you are religious? You at one time did not believe in God.

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

Its not exactly that simple. You have to believe in God in order to be forgiven. You don't btw. and wonder if you go around saying all kinds of terrible things about God as you do, which clearly states as blasphemy.

STFU, you alcoholic neurotic fatty. Don't tell me what I believe in.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

STFU, you alcoholic neurotic fatty. Don't tell me what I believe in.

Im not telling you what you believe in. Im only repeating what you yourself have said. unless you have decided you believe in God now?  Smile 

I don't know if there's a God just like you don't know either. If there is one, he certainly doesn't hang around this world. This I know for sure. If I believe what the Bible says I would most certainly say he is the most hateful and vengeful God of which I want no part of. Any God which allows what happens in this world is a God I do not want to worship.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ah come on Dreams...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Ah come on Dreams...

I wish somebody had taught that message to Phil Robertson.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jesus loves the little children
All the little children of the world
Red and yellow, black and white
They are precious in his sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world

Everything is beautiful
In its' own way
Like a starry summer night
Or a snow covered winter's day
Everybody's beautiful
In their own way
Under God's heaven
The world's gonna find a way

There is none so blind
That is he who will not see
We must not close our minds
We must let our thought be free
For every hour that passes by
You know the world
Gets a little bit older
It's time to realize
That beauty lies
In the eyes of the beholder

Everything is beautiful
In its' own way
Like a starry summer nights
Ah, sing it children
Everybody's beautiful
In their own way
Under God's heaven

We shouldn't care
About the length of his hair
Or the color of his skin
Don't worry about
what shows from without
but the love that lives within
We're gonna get it all together now
Everything gonna work out fine
Just take a little time
to look on the good side my friend
And straighten it out in your mind

Everything is beautiful
In its' own way
Ah, sing it children
Everybody's beautiful
In their own way
Under God's heaven

One more time
Everything is beautiful
In its' own way

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob God doesn't make evil. Everybody can be beautiful. Sin is usually just a perversion of a really good and beautiful thing. Has been from the beginning. Nothing wrong with food till it becomes gluttony, Nothing wrong with wine till it becomes drunkenness and so on.

talknstang

what's this topic about again? lol

God created ALL things, including these.  - Page 2 HermaphroditeJesus

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum