Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

God created ALL things, including these.

+4
Sal
Ghost Rider
Hospital Bob
stormwatch89
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sequential hermaphroditism (called dichogamy in botany) is a type of hermaphroditism that occurs in many fish, gastropods and plants. Sequential hermaphroditism occurs when the individual is born one sex and changes sex at some point in their life. They can change from a male to female (protandry), or from female to male (protogyny).[1] Those that change gonadal sex can have both female and male germ cells in the gonads or can change from one complete gonadal type to the other during their last life stage.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequential_hermaphroditism

I don't believe God ever made any crap. Everything was intelligently designed, including us lesbians and gays.  Razz 

I will be putting forth my argument of how I can believe in God, love God and still be myself as a lesbian.

Submit your attacks or questions.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Well, I think he could have done a tad better.

1. We should grow teeth like sharks (have a dentist appt tomorrow).

2. New Moms should grow an extra set of arms that disappear when their children can safely manage on their own.

Very Happy 

Merry Christmas, Chrissy! santa santa 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:

I don't believe God ever made any crap. Everything was intelligently designed, including us lesbians and gays.  Razz 

I will be putting forth my argument of how I can believe in God, love God and still be myself as a lesbian.

Well this is the first question which comes to mind.  If God made people be homosexuals,  isn't it a little peculiar that he told them to stop being homosexuals?  
That's exactly what teo and robertson and millions of other conservative christians are telling us.  That the word of God in the Bible clearly tells us that homosexuality is a sin.  The same thing you say God himself created.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And here's a follow-up question. The God you love, is he the same God in the Holy Bible?
Do you believe the Bible is his word and his teaching? The same God you say created you as a lesbian and then in the Bible tells you what he created is a sin?

I'm not trying to put you on the spot by asking this stuff, Chrissy. Really I'm not.
But these are the most obvious questions which can be asked. And you told me you wanted questions.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Chrissy wrote:Sequential hermaphroditism (called dichogamy in botany) is a type of hermaphroditism that occurs in many fish, gastropods and plants. Sequential hermaphroditism occurs when the individual is born one sex and changes sex at some point in their life. They can change from a male to female (protandry), or from female to male (protogyny).[1] Those that change gonadal sex can have both female and male germ cells in the gonads or can change from one complete gonadal type to the other during their last life stage.[2]

Chrissy, I am not asking this to be antagonistic, but it is really a question to which I cannot answer.

If God made you what you are, why then did you marry someone of the opposite sex and procreate with him? Seems to me that you would have been leading the lesbian lifestyle from birth.

That sounds to me a lot like at one time in your life there was a bit of confusion in your mind. With that being said with no disrespect meant, God's Holy Word says that "God is no respecter of persons nor is He the author of confusion.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The whole point of this particular debate rides on the question: "are some people born to be homosexuals?"

The best answer to that is this. All of the research up to this point which has attempted to get an answer to that question, still leaves the answer unresolved.

This will help explain that...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation

Sal

Sal

People don't learn from their religion, they shape their religion to suit their hatreds and prejudices. 

I refuse to call anyone a Christian until I see them acting as Christ taught.

Otherwise, they're usually just garden variety Mammonists.

Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Well this is the first question which comes to mind.  If God made people be homosexuals,  isn't it a little peculiar that he told them to stop being homosexuals?  
That's exactly what teo and robertson and millions of other conservative christians are telling us.  That the word of God in the Bible clearly tells us that homosexuality is a sin.  The same thing you say God himself created.

Show me where GOD told people that.

Ghost Rider wrote:
Chrissy wrote:Sequential hermaphroditism (called dichogamy in botany) is a type of hermaphroditism that occurs in many fish, gastropods and plants. Sequential hermaphroditism occurs when the individual is born one sex and changes sex at some point in their life. They can change from a male to female (protandry), or from female to male (protogyny).[1] Those that change gonadal sex can have both female and male germ cells in the gonads or can change from one complete gonadal type to the other during their last life stage.[2]

Chrissy, I am not asking this to be antagonistic, but it is really a question to which I cannot answer.

If God made you what you are, why then did you marry someone of the opposite sex and procreate with him? Seems to me that you would have been leading the lesbian lifestyle from birth.

That sounds to me a lot like at one time in your life there was a bit of confusion in your mind. With that being said with no disrespect meant, God's Holy Word says that "God is no respecter of persons nor is He the author of confusion.

I was a lesbian from birth. I was taught different and it led me on a very horrible road to almost destruction until I accepted me for who I am on the inside.

I am a spirit first as we all are. sex really is not important unless you need to pro create species. Love isn't sex and vice versa.

Sal wrote:People don't learn from their religion, they shape their religion to suit their hatreds and prejudices. 

I refuse to call anyone a Christian until I see them acting as Christ taught.

Otherwise, they're usually just garden variety Mammonists.

People don't really need to be "called" anything as far as I am concerned. Or what I believe.

Too many people wear Jesus's crown on their head to gain his glory. such as respect, peer acceptance, to be viewed as a holy person. I stopped buying into todays organized religion way before I accepted my true inner self. They are not connected although people will try and connect them, im sure. But Ive never stopped believing in God.

Sal

Sal

Hatred, bigotry, prejudice and intolerance are integral components of all organized religions. 

Organized religion is just a form of tribalism, where like-minded people band together in order to feel superior to "non-believers". 

"Christians" are no exception. 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Everything was intelligently designed, including us lesbians and gays.  Razz 

Show me where GOD told people that.

http://carm.org/bible-homosexuality

Sal wrote:Hatred, bigotry, prejudice and intolerance are integral components of all organized religions. 

Organized religion is just a form of tribalism, where like-minded people band together in order to feel superior to "non-believers". 

"Christians" are no exception. 

atheist are no exception either. They have their own faith which promotes hate, bigotry and intolerance. so youre not out of the clear either LOL

Sal

Sal

I don't consider myself to be an atheist.

I like to think of myself as an optimistic agnostic.

Sal wrote:I don't consider myself to be an atheist.

whatever you call yourself, you certainly spend a good amount of time promoting hatred, bigotry and intolerance of religious people. so you are no better. pat yourself on the back.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Here Bob give us some exegesis and hermeneutics on this ... I would even like to know your Eisegesis on it.

Rom 1:24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:

whatever you call yourself, you certainly spend a good amount of time promoting hatred, bigotry and intolerance of religious people. so you are no better. pat yourself on the back.

Intolerance of bigotry, hatred, and willful ignorance is not bigotry.

You should know that.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Intolerance of bigotry, hatred, and willful ignorance is not bigotry.

You should know that.

It's all relative to the religious YOU are the hateful and certainly willfully ignorant bigoted person.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Here Bob give us some exegesis and hermeneutics on this ... I would even like to know your Eisegesis on it.

Rom 1:24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

which translated bible are you pasting from?

NIV?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Here Bob give us some exegesis and hermeneutics on this ... I would even like to know your Eisegesis on it.

NIV?
Yup but please use what you believe most properly gives sense to it.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

NIV?
 Yup but please use what you believe most properly gives sense to it.

I don't need to do that. I will just tell you that the NIV has been re-translated over and over and there have been over 60,000 omissions and additions to it. take it for what its worth.

example:

1) Just about everybody knows the word "Lucifer" as another name for Satan. The word "Lucifer" is found one time in the King James Bible.

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

(2) But what about the NIV? The word "Lucifer" is clean, bald-headed gone and now this creature is identified as the "morning star". Lucifer is the "morning star" in the NIV.

How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

(3) So we know that in the NIV the "morning star" is a negative, evil figure. Right? He was fallen from heaven. He was cast down to the earth. Can we find the "morning star" anywhere else in the NIV? Yes! The following passages in the NIV show the "morning star" as Jesus Christ! But the NIV just called the fallen creature of Isaiah 14:12 "morning star". Lucifer AND Jesus are ONE in the NIV! Lord have mercy, Jesus! Help me, Lord.

NIV: Revelation 22:16,
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you [1] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

NIV: 2 Peter 1:19,
And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

NIV: Revelation 2:28--
I will also give him the morning star.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/nivsatan.htm

what does this mean? It means that I think MEN have translated the bible to reflect their own hatreds.

Does it mean I think the bible is all bad, no it does not. it is simply a tool that you need to use with your own spirit for guidance.

but from the king james version. Ill oofer this, because you only offered PART of it. Paul is talking about ALL of us, not just homosexuals. ALL SINNERS.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Now lets go one little sentence forward.  Smile 

=

>

>>

Show resources

Add parallel

Romans 2

King James Version (KJV)

2 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Love you still.  I love you 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:Now lets go one little sentence forward.  Smile 

=

>

>>

Show resources

Add parallel

Romans 2

King James Version (KJV)

2 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Of course God doesn't like hypocrites but that in no way nullifies what he says about homosexuality does it ?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Here in Greek and Latin....

omoiwV te kai oi arseneV afenteV thn fusikhn crhsin thV qhleiaV exekauqhsan en th orexei autwn eiV allhlouV arseneV en arsesin thn aschmosunhn katergazomenoi kai thn antimisqian hn edei thV planhV autwn en eautoiV apolambanonteV

Latin Vulgate
1:27 similiter autem et masculi relicto naturali usu feminae exarserunt in desideriis suis in invicem masculi in masculos turpitudinem operantes et mercedem quam oportuit erroris sui in semet ipsis recipientes

King James Version
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy wrote:Now lets go one little sentence forward.  Smile 

=

>

>>

Show resources

Add parallel

Romans 2

King James Version (KJV)

Of course God doesn't like hypocrites but that in no way nullifies what he says about homosexuality does it ?

He doesn't like a LIST of things, of which he measures all equally. Not one over the other. No sin is greater than another sin. sin is just that, sin.

James 2:10 - For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (Read More...)

Matthew 12:31 - Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 19:11 - Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

1 John 1:10 - If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Im not trying to give you a hard time. I favor you and you know it.

But I think matthew says it well, and I just feel compelled to let the whole truth be known. And that truth is a loving truth. We are all sinners. and we shall all die on this earth and it seems to me only blasphemy is the ultimate sin which can not be forgiven.

Does this mean I think we should not try to be without sin, no. I think we should all try as hard as we can Gods favor. I do my best and I do not feel I will be selectively persecuted because I Love someone of the same physical orientation. I may be persecuted along with everyone else who is busy persecuting me, I don't know yet. What I do know is that I will keep my faith in God that he will have mercy on me as it is promised that mercy will be for ALL of us sinners.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum