Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Citizen Kane....some feel the greatest movie......what did Rosebud represent

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

I have been enlightened......I understand the meaning of Rosebud.....as only Wells understood. It is a magic moment.

you've discovered you've actually slipped into your second childhood? lol

2seaoat

you've discovered you've actually slipped into your second childhood? lol

Pretty damn perceptive, but more than that.....for Wells it was a real place......today I sang Christmas Carols......and felt like a child again......and was engulfed by Rosebud.

2seaoat wrote:you've discovered you've actually slipped into your second childhood? lol

Pretty damn perceptive, but more than that.....for Wells it was a real place......today I sang Christmas Carols......and felt like a child again......and was engulfed by Rosebud.

very nice.

Citizen Kane....some feel the greatest movie......what did Rosebud represent Z

It represents all that he really wanted in life... Something that the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals seem to forget as they demand everything that everyone else worked hard to obtain. Perhaps if they instead were satisfied with what was freely given, and not taken at the point of a sword, or work for those things that they really want they would find all they really wanted.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3hfQ2IOc8s

Smile 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Damaged Eagle wrote:Citizen Kane....some feel the greatest movie......what did Rosebud represent Z

It represents all that he really wanted in life... Something that the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals seem to forget as they demand everything that everyone else worked hard to obtain. Perhaps if they instead were satisfied with what was freely given, and not taken at the point of a sword, or work for those things that they really want they would find all they really wanted.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3hfQ2IOc8s

Smile 

cheers cheers cheers simple  cheers cheers cheers 

2seaoat

Not exactly......it represented a period of time in Orson Well's life, and it had nothing to do with progressive liberals or for that matter a newspaper publisher who tried to burn up all the original film of this movie.....no it has a real meaning........so few discover. Well's was a genius.

2seaoat wrote:
Not exactly......it represented a period of time in Orson Well's life, and it had nothing to do with progressive liberals or for that matter a newspaper publisher who tried to burn up all the original film of this movie.....no it has a real meaning........so few discover.  Well's was a genius.

Citizen Kane....some feel the greatest movie......what did Rosebud represent 2Q==

Other than a period of time in his life what do you think Rosebud represented?

Don't say a sled or I'll be very disappointed... in you.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Rolling Eyes 

2seaoat

Other than a period of time in his life what do you think Rosebud represented?

A physical place

2seaoat wrote:A physical place

Citizen Kane....some feel the greatest movie......what did Rosebud represent Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0fQtBYjpBQld03ND9jbWPE4aZxbhy3bmu-GMMa7S_4QPHnywu

That's about as disappointing as you're saying a sled.

You just don't get it...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZeYDBY4fw

Very Happy 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Citizen Cane was in the mind of this person, seaoat. Take a nostalgia trip and learn who he was...

2seaoat

You just don't get it...

Actually, I do. I spoke with his childhood playmate. He died two years ago at 95. Orson's mother died when he was 6. He was traveling Europe alone at 10, and his father was gone a few years thereafter. His great grandfather was in Lincoln's cabinet, and he had lived with his father in Peking......but Rosebud was a special place and time in his life......but I am glad you will educate me and allow me to get it like you have. Embarassed 

2seaoat

Citizen (K)Cane was in the mind of this person, seaoat. Take a nostalgia trip and learn who he was...

Watch the Dick Cavat series of interviews to get close to him admitting when and what Rosebud was.....It is a physical and spatial time in the man's life. It is a very special place. I have found Rosebud, and happiness. Orson Wells was a genius, and he tells so many great stories, but I have spoken to his childhood playmate.......in all the genius lies so much pain.....in all the world travels and fame......at such a young age......rosebud had a special place in his heart.

2seaoat wrote:You just don't get it...

Actually, I do.  I spoke with his childhood playmate.  He died two years ago at 95.  Orson's mother died when he was 6.  He was traveling Europe alone at 10, and his father was gone a few years thereafter.  His great grandfather was in Lincoln's cabinet, and he had lived with his father in Peking......but Rosebud was a special place and time in his life......but I am glad you will educate me and allow me to get it like you have. Embarassed 

Citizen Kane....some feel the greatest movie......what did Rosebud represent Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxa7DkBBkFMUdIYedSp6rkeH79zGnmzyaU1hr7Tj9DqLetU__JUg

Citizen Kane could have bought any physical place he wanted.

What do you think he was looking for when he said Rosebud?

Bob gets it.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amSbyZDyne8

Very Happy

2seaoat

Citizen Kane could have bought any physical place he wanted.

Bob gets it.

He told us where and when Rosebud existed, but if I told you......I would have to leave. I will send you a PM before I pass......I will give you the secret, and you will be able to discover what Orson discovered.......but you must guard the secret.......wisdom is usually earned......I will give you a gift, but it still is an enigma wrapped in history and time.......and I hope a year or more passes before I send you that PM.

Citizen Kane could have bought any physical place he wanted, it never was about Citizen Kane, it was always about Wells.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

"Rosebud," the story goes, was actually Hearst's pet name for the clitoris of his mistress Marion Davies, a fact allegedly discovered by Kane scriptwriter Herman Mankiewicz, who was a drinking buddy of Davies'. You can decide on your own whether you believe this story.

What a Face 

2seaoat wrote:Citizen Kane could have bought any physical place he wanted.

Bob gets it.

He told us where and when Rosebud existed, but if I told you......I would have to leave.  I will send you a PM before I pass......I will give you the secret, and you will be able to discover what Orson discovered.......but you must guard the secret.......wisdom is usually earned......I will give you a gift, but it still is an enigma wrapped in history and time.......and I hope a year or more passes before I send you that PM.

Citizen Kane could have bought any physical place he wanted, it never was about Citizen Kane, it was always about Wells.

Rosebud was the name on Kane's sled at the beginning of the movie and was nothing more than a metaphor for a insubstantial something that Kane lost in his life.

Kane and/or Wells wanted the same thing...

...To be treated like family and/or a friend.

Something they both lost as they gained money and notoriety.

Wells so much as admitted that in Bob's video post.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuSuRk5DMJU

Smile

TEOTWAWKI wrote:"Rosebud," the story goes, was actually Hearst's pet name for the clitoris of his mistress Marion Davies, a fact allegedly discovered by Kane scriptwriter Herman Mankiewicz, who was a drinking buddy of Davies'. You can decide on your own whether you believe this story.

What a Face 

Cool! I haven't heard that one before...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=def3ob2h-1s

Smile 

2seaoat

As usual T's perverse cut and paste is not even close. So many know the right answer.......I am glad T thinks that rosebud is a clitoris......it certainly explains his happiness in life.......or the lack thereof.

2seaoat wrote:As usual T's perverse cut and paste is not even close.   So many know the right answer.......I am glad T thinks that rosebud is a clitoris......it certainly explains his happiness in life.......or the lack thereof.

That's alright... Your parasitic life has left you thinking it's some physical thing or place.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNSUOFgj97M

Smile 

2seaoat

Your parasitic life has left you thinking it's some physical thing or place.

How does one become a parasite? Having worked for the government? I never was an employee of the government. Can you say the same thing? Is it getting government benefits? I have never received the same. I will start collecting social security in February, will that allow me to join your club of parasites who have received government checks? Is there a handshake......or do you simply bite the hand that feeds You? I would appreciate your parasitic opinion.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

God Loves Me...

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 12/16/2013, 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : karma)

2seaoat wrote:How does one become a parasite?

Because that's what you called your life in another thread... They have good psychiatrists for people that think that way about themselves. Need a reference to one?

2seaoat wrote:Having worked for the government?

So working for the government is parasitical?

Does that mean big government solutions are parasitical and if so what does that make supposedly enlightened progressive liberal bigger government solutions?

2seaoat wrote:I never was an employee of the government.

That was your choice.

2seaoat wrote:Can you say the same thing?

I served in the military... If you want to do the same I'm sure there's a recruiter somewhere near you. Try the phonebook.

2seaoat wrote:Is it getting government benefits?

Is what getting government benefits?

2seaoat wrote:I have never received the same.

The same what?

2seaoat wrote:I will start collecting social security in February,...

And I probably never will.

2seaoat wrote:...will that allow me to join your club of parasites who have received government checks?

I don't know... Will it? You're the one calling them parasites.

2seaoat wrote:Is there a handshake......or do you simply bite the hand that feeds You?

If I choose to exercise my 1st Amendment rights and speak out about government abuses that is my right.

2seaoat wrote:I would appreciate your parasitic opinion.

Citizen Kane....some feel the greatest movie......what did Rosebud represent 2Q==

So I'm the parasite now because I served in the military.

Thanks for letting us all know what your opinion of the military really is.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

Very Happy

Has the water quit sliding off the duck?

TEOTWAWKI wrote:God Loves Me...

Citizen Kane....some feel the greatest movie......what did Rosebud represent Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYA1FH-WTgKdeVlNNLUsy-KFgzpSvDsuIKDQxla8jeoKCtlYi2WA

I love ya' too Teo... as long as you keep your hands and other parts of your body to yourself...

...That last part doesn't necessarily hold true for the female posters.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0DAnu5Sq6k

Wink 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

lol! 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum