Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More than half of congress are part of the 1%. You think they represent you?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Well my friends -- and enemies -- time and time again I've stated that this country was founded by the rich, of the rich and for the rich, and nothing has changed this aspect of our dysfunctional government since then.

Today, it was announced that 286 congress-people are millionaires.

ONCE AGAIN, 286 CONGRESSMEN AND WOMEN ARE MILLIONAIRES.

Do you think this has anything to do with the decimation of our middle class, or the power of money-influence on our legislators?

It's time to toss these legislators -- both parties -- who are fucking us all.
Screw Amerika Inc.!!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The American people are either too stupid or the elections are rigged. These bloated parasites should all be in jail. They are worse than the communist party was in Russia. We live in a genuine Mussolini Fascism and it gets more totalitarian every year.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-04-27/opinion/ct-edit-stockact-20130427_1_long-dormant-bill-insider-identity-theft

President Barack Obama jumped on board. "Send me a bill that bans insider trading by members of Congress," the president declared in his 2012 State of the Union address. "I will sign it tomorrow."

The bill sailed through the Senate on a 96-3 vote, passed the House 417-2 and Obama promptly signed it, noting that its disclosure, transparency and accountability requirements would apply to "thousands of federal employees."

Mission, ah, accomplished.

But look at what just happened.

Congress voted last month to repeal part of the law. Obama quickly signed the legislation.

The law required about 28,000 employees of the legislative and executive branches to file periodic financial reports on public, searchable databases. The idea was to demand transparency from virtually everyone in government who had access to inside financial information.

But staffers complained that the online reporting requirements would expose them to identity theft. The disclosure forms aren't really detailed enough to prompt identity theft. But — poof — Congress and the president just agreed to shield the staffers.

The president, vice president, members of and candidates for Congress and certain high-ranking officials still will have to post their disclosures online. The rest will file disclosure documents only on paper — not on an Internet database. So they'll file, but in a way that makes it extremely difficult for the public to get the information.

That protects the staffers. But it doesn't protect the public.

We were skeptical about the rush to pass law in the wake of the "60 Minutes" report — Congress was in a hurry then to save itself from embarrassment. We're even more skeptical about the rush to unmake the law.

The " justice " dept is a bad joke. We will never get rid of the scum in Washington until it gets cleaned up.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ForgetHell wrote:The " justice " dept is a bad joke.  We will never get rid of the scum in Washington until it gets cleaned up.

The justice department has now appointed an Obama campaign donor to head the investigation into the IRS scandal. lol

Bob wrote:
ForgetHell wrote:The " justice " dept is a bad joke.  We will never get rid of the scum in Washington until it gets cleaned up.

The justice department has now appointed an Obama campaign donor to head the investigation into the IRS scandal. lol

I wondered if someone would mention this... who here thinks this is an ethical application of justice?

I know... I know... nothing matters when your side pulls bs like this. Yea team..!!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

This kind of shit will surely add straw to the camel of revolution's back. The only question is, what form will the excising of our current leadership take?

We could start by targeting every congressperson who is a millionaire -- vote the bastards, all of them, out!

Or, we all get together and don't go to work for a month. -- Watch Washington fall!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:

I wondered if someone would mention this

Since markle has pegged me as a progressive liberal,  it was not an easy thing for me to reveal.  I felt the tinges of guilt as I was typing it.  
I think I now need to see obama make a speech so I can feel those tingles up my leg again and place the blame where it belongs, on Bush. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum