Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob I am looking forward to seeing this movie...I bet you would like it also.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Writes Monnie:

Anyone with a libertarian inclination will exult in the excellent movie, Dallas Buyers Club. It’s based on the true story of Ron Woodroof, an electrician and part-time rodeo cowboy in Texas who was diagnosed with HIV in 1985. Ron spent the last years of his life fighting the corrupt “health care” industry and the FDA as he searched for ways to cure AIDS, or at least diminish its horrendous effects. When diagnosed, he was told by the doctor to put his affairs in order, as he would be dead within a month. Through hard work and courage, he managed to live for seven years beyond that expiration date. He transformed his life from one of party-hardy debauchery to one of dedicating himself to helping others as he strove to help himself. I recommend this movie for its strong libertarian theme as well as its revelation of much truth about HIV and the nauseatingly corrupt U.S. medical industry and its partner in crime, the federal government. A word of caution: this movie is not one for children nor any adult who is easily offended.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dallas_buyers_club_2013/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Most powerful film I've seen in years, Teo.
And it sure is an indictment of government
and the medical industrial complex. You'll love it
Gauranteed Oscars for actor and supporting actor. And
Probably more..

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Bob wrote:Most powerful film I've seen in years, Teo.
And it sure is an indictment of government
and the medical industrial complex. You'll love it
Gauranteed Oscars for actor and supporting actor. And
Probably more..
Good! We are looking forward to seeing it, too.

2seaoat

I arrived at Northwestern at 9:45 for my shots and lab work, and then I had Cat Scans scheduled for 11:45. I get a call on my cell from Northwestern that they failed to get approval from my insurance company two weeks ago when the Doctor scheduled the appointment , and only called Monday. The insurance company needs two full days to approve a Cat Scan, and I had to reschedule for Thursday where other things were on my personal schedule.......but it does not matter......our great health care system continues to amaze......I am simply thankful, but what a total screwed up mess........medicare for all cannot come soon enough. The American people have got to quit squabbling among ourselves as this country is being stolen, and we need to fix this broken system and return tax rates and sources of revenue which can allow our infrastructure to be updated, and our medical bills paid.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Writes Monnie:

Anyone with a libertarian inclination will exult in the excellent movie, Dallas Buyers Club. It’s based on the true story of Ron Woodroof, an electrician and part-time rodeo cowboy in Texas who was diagnosed with HIV in 1985. Ron spent the last years of his life fighting the corrupt “health care” industry and the FDA as he searched for ways to cure AIDS, or at least diminish its horrendous effects. When diagnosed, he was told by the doctor to put his affairs in order, as he would be dead within a month. Through hard work and courage, he managed to live for seven years beyond that expiration date. He transformed his life from one of party-hardy debauchery to one of dedicating himself to helping others as he strove to help himself. I recommend this movie for its strong libertarian theme as well as its revelation of much truth about HIV and the nauseatingly corrupt U.S. medical industry and its partner in crime, the federal government. A word of caution: this movie is not one for children nor any adult who is easily offended.
McConaughey lost a lot of weight for that role. Yikes!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dreamsglore wrote:
McConaughey lost a lot of weight for that role. Yikes!
Almost 50 lbs.

Jared Leto's supporting performance in the movie is equally phenomenal. The two play off each other as good as I've ever seen actors do.

Another highly anticipated film opens this friday.  It's the latest Coen Brothers movie and it's being said by many that it's as good as anything they've done.  Which is like saying Rembrandt is doing another painting and it's his best work.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inside_llewyn_davis_2013/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I thoroughly enjoy anything the Coen's do. Their humor gets right down into my funny bone and rocks it. My son and I watched CRIMEWAVE over and over.

Bob I am looking forward to seeing this movie...I bet you would like it also. Crimewave

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Their humor gets right down into my funny bone and rocks it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum