Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone Else Watch the HBO movie ...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

... All the Way?

Bryan Cranston does an amazing job portraying LBJ.

Top shelf entertainment.

Highly recommended.

2seaoat

He did it on Broadway and the little I have seen him do on HBO is simply mind numbing. I feel like I am watching Johnson. It was no accident someone this brilliant drove an Aztek.

Sal

Sal

He's a little too thin for LBJ, but other than that, he nails it.

The funny thing is that I never realized how much my grandpa resembled a thin LBJ.

Bryan Cranston is the resurrection of Papa.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Salinsky wrote:He's a little too thin for LBJ, but other than that, he nails it.

The funny thing is that I never realized how much my grandpa resembled a thin LBJ.

Bryan Cranston is the resurrection of Papa.

That's funny...my "Papaw" was LBJ's cousin. He was 6'4", didn't really resemble LBJ, but had a brother in Houston who was the spitting image, except he was not very tall. When you posted that audio of LBJ ordering pants...Papaw had that same gruffness...which I know came from hard times during the Great Depression...but we were close.

2seaoat

A great scene was LBJ dealing with the death of the three civil rights workers in MS. He calls the governor and threatens sending the federal marshalls and troops, and then puts words into the governors mouth that he wants the FBI, and then calls the governor and Hoover whats nothing to do with it, and Johnson tells him the CIA will do it, and Hoover insists the FBI can do it. Pure puppet master.

Telstar

Telstar

I thought Cranston gave one of the best performances last year in Trumbo. I don't have HBO but Laurence Luckinbill did a good job as LBJ about 30 years ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum