Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A live chat with the marketplace from an agent

+3
Markle
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

hought you guys might enjoy this chat I had with the FFM Chat feature.

[10:53:37 am]:Thanks for contacting Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat. Please wait while we connect you to someone who can help.
[10:53:40 am]:Please be patient while we're helping other people.
[10:54:14 am]:Please be patient while we're helping other people.
[10:54:49 am]:Please be patient while we're helping other people.
[10:54:54 am]:Welcome! You're now connected to Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat.

Thanks for contacting us. My name is Edwards. To protect your privacy, please don't provide any personal information, like Social Security Number, or any other sensitive medical or personal information.
[10:55:09 am]:justina
Hi
[10:55:28 am]:justina
I work for a brokerage and we have a few hundred people ready to sign up
[10:55:42 am]:justina
We've been holding off on signing them up because of the website problems, but it's getting to be crunch time
[10:56:02 am]:justina
If we were to call in to do a phone application, would we, the broker, get credit?
[10:56:58 am]:Edwards
Thank you. One moment please while I look that up.
[10:57:08 am]:justina
thanks
[10:59:21 am]:Edwards
Agents and brokers can make specific recommendations about which plan you should enroll in. They're licensed and regulated by states and may get payments or commissions from health insurers for enrolling you in that insurer's plan
[11:00:58 am]:justina
Yes, I know, but is there a time/place for us to attach the client to our brokerage, and how will that information be relayed to the carriers?
[11:01:41 am]:justina
A few of my fellow brokers have done some phone applications (3 way with FFM customer service and client) and after all that, the carrier said that their broker information did not come with the client.
[11:03:22 am]:Edwards
Thank you. One moment please while I look that up.
[11:04:02 am]:Edwards
Navigators may not work for or get payment from any health insurance company. Navigators can be self-employed individuals or groups like nonprofits, tribal organizations, unions, or chambers of commerce. Navigators in every state must also complete comprehensive training and provide unbiased information. In addition, you do not pay for help you get from a Navigator. I can help you locate a Navigator, or you can visit HealthCare.gov to find assistance in your area.
[11:07:10 am]:justina
We're not navigators
[11:07:10 am]:justina
we're certified brokers
[11:07:33 am]: Edwards
If you wish to work with a web-broker to get coverage through the Marketplace, it is important to make sure the web-broker is approved by your state. You don't pay to use the services of an agent, broker, or web-broker.
[11:08:17 am]:justina
Listen, I'm not a client, I am a broker. Who is trying to help my clients sign up.
[11:08:53 am]:justina
If I call in with my client, will the FFM transmit my broker information to the carrier.
[11:09:38 am]: Edwards
We are available to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us toll free at 1-800-318-2596. Hearing impaired callers using TTY technology can reach us at 1-855-889-4325. In addition to English and Spanish, we can provide assistance in a number of languages through an interpretation service. We are closed on Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
[11:10:00 am]: justina
You are singularly unhelpful.
[11:10:28 am]: Edwards
Do you have any other questions that I can help you with?
[11:10:48 am]: justina
I hope you are a bot
[11:11:44 am]: justina
Thank for absolutely nothing!
[11:11:55 am]: Edwards
Thank you for contacting Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat. We are here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I feel sorry for anyone who signed up direct, good luck with customer service.

That counted as an enrollment.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Lol. Next time try Spanish.

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:That counted as an enrollment.
It probably did.

We have had agents that have actually called when they ran into a problem and have sat waiting on the phone as long as an hour and fifteen minute's. I have not called and will not.

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:Lol. Next time try Spanish.
The last I heard the Spanish site wasn't working at all and the photo on that home page was of Asians.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Tears...........

And they're closed tomorrow, I hear.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca,

I got the bill for obamacare in the mail today.  Check will go out Friday.
And after I leave the post office I'm going to the Azalea Lounge to celebrate having health insurance for the first time in my life.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:ppaca,

I got the bill for obamacare in the mail today.  Check will go out Friday.
And after I leave the post office I'm going to the Azalea Lounge to celebrate having health insurance for the first time in my life.
Don't forget to follow the instructions on the billing. Obama will probably meet you at the lounge and buy you a round. But for Christ's sake don't tell him you dealt with an insurance agent, that would piss him off that a navigator didn't help you.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If he buys me a drink I'm gonna ask him for an obamaphone too.

Sal

Sal

Guess what?

The ACA is here to stay. 

There's one alternative at this point, and you insurance fucks won't like it. 

Improve it, but get used to it ...

... bitches. 

dumpcare

Bob wrote:If he buys me a drink I'm gonna ask him for an obamaphone too.
Ask for the smartphone.

Sal wrote:Guess what?

The ACA is here to stay. 

There's one alternative at this point, and you insurance fucks won't like it. 

Improve it, but get used to it ...

... bitches. 
A live chat with the marketplace from an agent Z

That attitude has one option.

Insurance companies will drop health insurance altogether and seeing a doctor will be a cash only deal because a doctor doesn't have to see a patient unless he/she is going to be paid.

It'll be interesting to see private general practitioners carrying around little black bags and making house calls again.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 11/28/2013, 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total

cool1

cool1

I still think it will go away completely--after a few years--It may take a another president to fix or do away with it!
He should have looked at the main problems and fixed those instead of writing a book they didn't read.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum