Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Something to Think About on Thanksgiving Week

+4
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
knothead
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

It's a shame that in the land of opportunity, some people still lack the ambition to get a job to feed the young ones that they created.
At least Obama will provide these lazy people free cell phones to call their loved ones and ask them for their leftovers. Amen.

knothead wrote:I was raised a poor black child and just didn't feel like I fit into the family . . . I had no sense of rhythm whatsoever!
Are you making fun of me?

Or black people and just the disadvantaged in general?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:I was raised a poor black child and just didn't feel like I fit into the family . . . I had no sense of rhythm whatsoever!

Steve Martin movie line. The jerk.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:

Never would consider makin' sport of you pkr . . . I like you dude but it is my pathetic sense of humor. I too really could relate to your young years . . I could share my own history but it serves no purpose except life can be cruel sometimes . .

Nekochan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I grew up rich. Neglected... but never a thght about food or shelter. No allowance... no free money except lunch money. I bought my first car... I moved out at sixteen... I didn't talk to any family member for almost four years.  No support. What's the point?
sals point as he says is that we need to have "empathy".

meaning as you said before. we should be happy the GOV steals our money to give to others because he thinks we are incapable of being charitable. I think he is incapable of being charitable unless its with other peoples money.
The woman is almost certainly getting grants for school.  OK.  I am not against all grants and help for higher education, although I think these kind of programs have helped escalate the price of college.  But I do believe that any American who is serious about continuing their education should be able to do so.   And that almost any American who truly wants to continue their education will accomplish that goal if they put their mind to it.   It's not always easy... and it shouldn't be.

But this woman is saying that she'll always be poor.  What's the damn point of giving her financial aid if she intends to always be poor?
That's what I mean, her drive, her pride has been driven out of her. Its a very hard thing to overcome. When you look around at society you can hear it and see what I mean. You will even hear young people go, oh whats the point ill just live off welfare. Ive heard it a million times.

People have this idea that life is supposed to be easy, its not. I have fought with my own children and other nieces and nephews over this.

when they know the easy safety net is there, its so much easier for them to give up when trying to do something as hard as going to college and struggling your way up.

Im sure people have a different point of view than me, but this is just what I see, so I can only speak from what I deal with and see occurring.

I don't know what the answer is, but all reason says that at some point these virtues will have to be re-installed into our society and its going to come as a big cruel looking rude awakening.
It's very difficult to see your kids struggle.  

But there is a difference between helping your kids out when they're young and starting out vs. financially supporting them into their 30s and even 40s.   I would not even want my kids to depend on us like that.  Actually, I think some parents "help" their grown kids financially because they like the control it gives them over their kids.  It's an unhealthy relationship, in my opinion.
a little struggle is good for them. I can honestly say I don't know anyone who would support their grown children into their 30's and 40's. Ive heard of people doing that, I just don't know anyone like that.

My oldest daughter left home when she was 18, working 2 jobs and going to college of which I paid for( had a little problem which is now over and now works selling ins making $17 an hour plus comish). my youngest daughter got married at 19, she was with me till then, she had a baby, and now another Smile and is working now to my disaproval, my oldest son went right out of high school into the army and is now in college in Wisconsin and my youngest son is 14 , has autism and goes to a private school here. felt the need to clarify that before the witch comes along and makes accusations like she did the other day. Wink 

so yes, I agree. that's a bit too much help and creates dependency.

knothead

knothead

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Steve Martin movie line.  The jerk.

At least YOU got it . . . . thought my tumor was back . . . thank you

I didn't make any accusations. I only stated what you have posted about all the people who live in your house and you take care of which included your daughter, son in law and grandkids. You made a snarky comment about my son who does work at Walmart while he is in college like there is something wrong w/ that.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:I didn't make any accusations. I only stated what you have posted about all the people who live in your house and you take care of which included your daughter, son in law and grandkids. You made a snarky comment about my son who does work at Walmart while he is in college like there is something wrong w/ that.
Let me know when he gets done with college. I need a new pizza delivery guy and that's what a college education is worth now. Just trying to help the underprivileged. It's the holiday season and that's what I do.

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I didn't make any accusations. I only stated what you have posted about all the people who live in your house and you take care of which included your daughter, son in law and grandkids. You made a snarky comment about my son who does work at Walmart while he is in college like there is something wrong w/ that.
Let me know when he gets done with college.  I need a new pizza delivery guy and that's what a college education is worth now.  Just trying to help the underprivileged.  It's the holiday season and that's what I do.
Something to Think About on Thanksgiving Week - Page 2 2Q==

I need someone to clean in my hog confinement after you're done with him...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZZD8ckwLJA

Very Happy

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Let me know when he gets done with college.  I need a new pizza delivery guy and that's what a college education is worth now.  Just trying to help the underprivileged.  It's the holiday season and that's what I do.
Yeah, if only you were smart enough to have gone to college you wouldn't have wound up as a Navy Chief. But that's what happens to underachievers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum