Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

One Way to Help the Philippines, Post Typhoon

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The NoKero Company, which markets the N200 solar LED light bulb, is selling these at cost for $7.00, and will ship light bulbs purchased through their website to the Philippines for distribution in areas where the recent typhoon hit.

http://nokero.com/haiyan/?utm_source=Monthly+Newsletter&utm_campaign=e1e7a1d7cf-Typhoon_Relief&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7b55215fa1-e1e7a1d7cf-51973

The N200 is actually very cool. I have a couple of these. It has a small solar panel on the back of the bulb, which charges a single AA rechargeable battery during the day. The lightbulb comes on when the sun goes down, and burns for 8 hours on its low setting, or for about 2 hours on its high setting. Thousands of these were also distributed in Japan after the tsunami there in 2010.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The NoKero Company, which markets the N200 solar LED light bulb, is selling these at cost for $7.00, and will ship light bulbs purchased through their website to the Philippines for distribution in areas where the recent typhoon hit.

http://nokero.com/haiyan/?utm_source=Monthly+Newsletter&utm_campaign=e1e7a1d7cf-Typhoon_Relief&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7b55215fa1-e1e7a1d7cf-51973

The N200 is actually very cool. I have a couple of these. It has a small solar panel on the back of the bulb, which charges a single AA rechargeable battery during the day. The lightbulb comes on when the sun goes down, and burns for 8 hours on its low setting, or for about 2 hours on its high setting. Thousands of these were also distributed in Japan after the tsunami there in 2010.

I like that! Did you buy your bulb locally or did you have to order it? That is a really good idea.

It looks like you can order these lights for yourself for $15 each. To sell them half price and ship them to the PI, that's a wonderful idea.

I wish we'd had something similar after Ivan. I was running out of batteries by the time we finally got power back.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The NoKero Company actually designed these for use in 3rd World countries that have no access to electricity and which still rely on burning kerosene lamps for lighting. That is where their name "NoKero" actually comes from.

You buy them online. I bought three as a novelty back in 2011. They are supposed to be rain-proof/weather-proof, and that is my only beef. I hung one outside for about 5 weeks back in 2011 during a rainy period. I brought it back in when I discovered about a tablespoon of water inside the lens. The wire hangar was starting to corrode, too. But, really, these are cool. Great for camping or emergencies. I have even charged one by putting the bulb with the solar panel face-up under my desk-lamp.

Z, dont you make money off selling things like this?

anyway, FB lets you donate $10 bucks just like that. boom, its done. of course you can give more, 10 is the smallest amount.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Chrissy wrote:Z, dont you make money off selling things like this?

anyway, FB lets you donate $10 bucks just like that. boom, its done. of course you can give more, 10 is the smallest amount.
Not any more. I did not renew the web-hosting for my LED lightbulbs site. I made no sales the entire two years the site was open, so I closed it down.

I do have three other websites where I sell stuff, but they are also in the crosshairs, even though they make a few sales here and there. Affilliate Marketing is a hardscrabble way to make a buck. Many hours of work are required for each dollar returned to you. I do it as a hobby, mainly.

I also have a gig at Fiverr.com that actually does better than my affiliate websites. This is another one of my hobbies, done mostly for fun.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Chrissy wrote:Z, dont you make money off selling things like this?

Not any more. I did not renew the web-hosting for my LED lightbulbs site. I made no sales the entire two years the site was open, so I closed it down.

I do have three other websites where I sell stuff, but they are also in the crosshairs, even though they make a few sales here and there. Affilliate Marketing is a hardscrabble way to make a buck. Many hours of work are required for each dollar returned to you. I do it as a hobby, mainly.

I also have a gig at Fiverr.com that actually does better than my affiliate websites. This is another one of my hobbies, done mostly for fun.
sorry to hear that. have you tried your hand at ebay? I hear people do very well there.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I don't do eBay. I'll have about $450 to download from Fiverr to my Paypal account by year's end. Tack on about another $170 for sales from Amazon.com through my websites, and my total Internet sales will amount to a little over $600. I will declare it on my Form 1040 for 2013, just like I did for 2012.

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 11/25/2013, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I don't do eBay. I'll have about $450 to download from Fiverr to my Paypal account by year's end. Tack on about another $170 for sales from Amazon.com through my websites, and my total Internet sales will amount to a little over $500. I will declare it on my Form 1040 for 2013, just like I did for 2012.
sounds like a fun hobby. I keep telling myself Im going to take $500. and start buying small stocks, so far I have been chicken.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum