Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Healthy son dies 24 hours after flu shot...

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2512737/Mother-claims-healthy-son-19-killed-flu-shot-fell-coma-just-24-hours-having-vaccine.html#ixzz2lZnGyxyq

Mother claims healthy son, 19, was killed by flu-shot after he fell into a coma just 24-hours after having vaccine

Chandler Webb, 19, fell ill one day after being given a flu-shot before a Mormon mission
Died after one month in a coma when his family decided to take him off life-support
Doctors have not determined the cause of death
His mother, Lori, is convinced it was the flu-shot

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I saw my GP in early September and he asked me if I wanted a flu-shot. I told him "No, I don't take them, they make me very sick."

When I was in the Marines they made the whole squadron get flu shots every fall. They would line everybody up on the same day, and of course, the Officers had to roll-up their sleeves first, in order to set the right example for the troops. I would have flu symptoms afterward for a couple of days.

I stopped getting flu shots when I was done with the military.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I saw my GP in early September and he asked me if I wanted a flu-shot. I told him "No, I don't take them, they make me very sick."

When I was in the Marines they made the whole squadron get flu shots every fall. They would line everybody up on the same day, and of course, the Officers had to roll-up their sleeves first, in order to set the right example for the troops. I would have flu symptoms afterward for a couple of days.

I stopped getting flu shots when I was done with the military.
The one time I got a flu shot, I too developed flu symptoms. I always hear people say you cannot get the flu because a live virus is not used. I never got another one.

I got a flu shot in the mid-70's and was sick for a week afterwards. I swore I'd never get another one, but this year I did take my doctor's advice and get one. There's no live vaccine like there was back then, so I didn't get sick. But I did have a very sore arm for a couple of days. The needle hit the bone. Ouch!

The shots are bases on previous strains and projections... I guess if a person has a compromised immune system it might be a good idea. I donno tho.

2seaoat

I have a compromised immune system and my doctors all insist that I get one since they removed the upper left lobe. Got mine at Walgreens and the insurance company paid for the shot......I can still get the flu, but with one healthy lung I do not have the margins other people have.........I did have a bad reaction to a flu and pneumonia shot I received 5 years ago, but it lasted for a day and I did not get the flu that year.

cool1

cool1

I don't take them either , But I don't take anything but Aleeve, The only time I look for something stronger is when I get Kidney stones and I haven't had them in a while !! Thank goodness though those things hurt.Neutral

Jake92

I've gotten flu shots every year for the last 50 years or so.. in 2012, I caught the flu a month after the shot.. My fever went up to 101.8 and I was sick as a dog and wanted to die.. After getting in bed and drinking lots of fluids and treating the sympoms, it went away by the next day.. I've seen people with the flu and NEVER want to be that sick, so I'll keep getting the shot every year.. The shot does NOT keep you from catching the flu, but builds up antibodies so you can fight it off before it gets serious.. Flu is still a serious disease that kills a lot of people every year...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum