Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Joani or any other healthcare professionals/

+5
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
Ghost Rider
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

I am currently in the hospital since Friday with an extremely low hemoglobin. So far I have had 2 units transfusion and will be getting 2 more shortly. This morning Dr. Alshureki performed an endoscopy and found what he called "GAVE". He ablated most of them bit said that further treatment will be necessary.

What can any of you tell me about this "GAVE" and what are the further treatment options?

Any advice or information yall can provide would be greatly appreciated.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Gastroenterology/GAVE-disease/show/480828

some good comments in the comments section

Ghost Rider wrote:I am currently in the hospital since Friday with an extremely low hemoglobin. So far I have had 2 units transfusion and will be getting 2 more shortly. This morning Dr. Alshureki performed an endoscopy and found what he called "GAVE". He ablated most of them bit said that further treatment will be necessary.

What can any of you tell me about this "GAVE" and what are the further treatment options?

sorry to hear of your condition. I wish you a fast recovery.

My profession just takes the biopsies if they take any out and a pathologist can diagnoses from that. I really don't know what treatments you may need.

I found this article from NIH that may have more information for you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2911825/

Maybe Joanie or PB have had a patient before with this condition.

Hope you feel better.
For Joani or any other healthcare professionals/ Huggin10

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Common name is Watermelon Stomach. The ablation works well but the condition is many times a recurrent one. I' m not up on long term effects. Did they determine an underlying cause?

I'm so sorry you are sick. The transfusions will perk you up and give you back some of your strenght. Wishing you a speedy recovery and please keep us posted.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Thanks guys, I will be sure to check out the links that were posted.

When the dr said Watermelon Stomach I got a little chuckle out of it.

2seaoat

Did they determine an underlying cause?

I hope they can nail the same, and that you are given a path to resolution. It is the unknown which is so damn hard at times. Hopefully, they will discover the cause. Get well!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

picture...

For Joani or any other healthcare professionals/ 19FF1

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2443230/

Chrissy wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:I am currently in the hospital since Friday with an extremely low hemoglobin. So far I have had 2 units transfusion and will be getting 2 more shortly. This morning Dr. Alshureki performed an endoscopy and found what he called "GAVE". He ablated most of them bit said that further treatment will be necessary.

My profession just takes the biopsies if they take any out and a pathologist can diagnoses from that. I really don't know what treatments you may need.

Hope you feel better.

Oh jeez, I thought you did all that? LOL!

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Hope you feel better.

never said I did. Ive always been honest about what I do.

I was waiting for it.

Thanks for your time you welfare queen. LOL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Best of luck with your battle against this thing, ghost.
I read the comment blog associated with teo's link. Read those comments because in a way they're even more informative than the article itself.

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Hope you feel better.

I was waiting for it.

Uh huh-you do autopsies,right? LOL! Oh and keep working to pay for my healthcare. I need it.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Hope you feel better.

I was waiting for it.

Uh huh-you do autopsies,right? LOL! Oh and keep working to pay for my healthcare. I need it.
sorry, youre not getting my taxes. I have a couple family members who are wards of the state. I like to think of my tax dollars going to them. Very Happy 

maybe your very successful son can pay your share?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Get well soon, Ghost. Hospitals are no fun. I spent 10-days in Sacred Heart back in December of 2008, and I don't plan on going back there again, if I can do it that way.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

TEOTWAWKI wrote:picture...

For Joani or any other healthcare professionals/ 19FF1

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2443230/
Yep that is exactly what my stomach lining looks like.

2seaoat

Are your liver and kidney functions in the normal range? Do your kidneys show an elevated protein level?

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Hope you feel better.

I was waiting for it.

sorry, youre not getting my taxes. I have a couple family members who are wards of the state. I like to think of my tax dollars going to them. Very Happy 

He will soon.He's almost done w/ college and then on to graduate school. He plans to work in his field while getting his masters. He lives on his own and supports himself not like a bunch of gypsies all living in one house because they can't support themselves.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Hope you feel better.

I was waiting for it.

He will soon.He's almost done w/ college and then on to graduate school. He plans to work in his field while getting his masters. He lives on his own and supports himself not like a bunch of gypsies all living in one house because they can't support themselves.
sure Wink 

Sure what? He lives on his own or is almost done w/ school? LOL! My son had to live on his own to get his pell grant or he wasn't eligible w/ my income.

Wink 

For Joani or any other healthcare professionals/ 9k=

Good luck and best wishes Ghost...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkSIwaUaNc

Smile 

cool1

cool1

Ghost I hope ya get better soon so you will be home for Thanks Giving so you can eat much food . Smile 

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Ghost, I don't have anything to add to what's already been posted.

I hope you are feeling peppier soon!sunny 

knothead

knothead

Hang in there GR . . . . we are all thinking of you!!! I would say 'have a happy Thanksgiving' but just make the very best of it and I'm certain you will.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum