Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Irony

+5
Markle
knothead
VectorMan
Floridatexan
boards of FL
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Irony Empty Irony 11/13/2013, 6:38 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Anyone else find it strange that red states, those that claim to be fighting for personal responsibility and self reliance, are primarily the states that are passing off the creation of their exchanges to the federal government?  This is particularly strange when you couple that with the fact that red states are already a net tax burden on the federal government as it is, as they receive more money in federal spending than they actually pay in federal taxes.

They were already on the government teet as net benefit receivers before the ACA was passed, and now, they are passing off even more of their burden to the federal government.  And all the while they are the ones who whine the loudest!

This seems reminiscent of all the videos our die-hard conservatives post that typically show dark skinned people complaining about their federal benefits.  The irony here is thick.

Last edited by boards of FL on 11/13/2013, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Irony Empty Thanks 11/13/2013, 6:39 pm

boards of FL wrote:Anyone else find it strange that red states, those that claim to be fighting for personal responsibility and self reliance, are primarily the states that are passing off the creation of their exchanges to the federal government?  This is particularly strange when you couple that with the fact that red states are already a net tax burden on the federal government as it is, as they receive more money in federal spending than they actually pay in federal taxes.

They were already on the government teet before the ACA as net receivers, and now, they are passing off even more of their burden to the federal government.  And all the while, they are they ones who whine the loudest!

This seems reminiscent of all the videos our die-hard conservatives post that typically show dark skinned people complaining about their federal benefits.  The irony here is thick.
Thick enough to cut with a butter knife.
Thanks. Good post.

3Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/14/2013, 6:19 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Irony Arguing-with-pidgeons

4Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/14/2013, 6:25 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Irony Final-exchange-map

Irony Exchanges-by-party

5Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/14/2013, 6:33 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Irony Full

6Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/14/2013, 6:37 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Irony Liberal-argument-playbook

7Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/14/2013, 9:19 pm

so let me get this right.

You think republicans are skirting responsibility because they refuse to expand a GOVERNMENT PROGRAM....

LOL

very funny:lol: 

8Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/14/2013, 9:36 pm

knothead

knothead

Chrissy humor me please and tell me you deny that red states have done everything possible to obstruct the implementation of the PPACA (to the detriment of their own citizens I might add)? Just curious . . .

9Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 12:30 am

knothead wrote:Chrissy humor me please and tell me you deny that red states have done everything possible to obstruct the implementation of the PPACA (to the detriment of their own citizens I might add)? Just curious . . .
red states don't want any part of it. that DIRECTLY is the result of demanding personal responsibility, contraire to this irony post.

if you cant see that, then really we should just keep our conversations about entertainment stuff.

I find it EXTREMLY HUMOROUS that you guys are trying to accuse republicans of not promoting personal responsibility for refusing to engage in the CREATION OF A WELFARE STATE.

10Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 1:09 am

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:Chrissy humor me please and tell me you deny that red states have done everything possible to obstruct the implementation of the PPACA (to the detriment of their own citizens I might add)? Just curious . . .
Just the opposite. Taking on the responsibility of a state exchange will cost the state hundreds of millions as the percentage the Fed. Gov. (tax payers) pay Medicaid claims dwindles.

As you know, MANY more people signing up for ObamaCare are ending up in Medicaid and not the young, healthy customers needed desperately.

Perhaps you can explain why signing up for something that is a known failure is a grand idea.

Irony ObamaCareandSlavery-1

11Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 1:42 am

2seaoat

Floridatexan wrote:Irony Arguing-with-pidgeons

This pretty much sums it up......but the pigeon is not smart enough to realize that the election is a year away.......it does not get more silly. Yes it is ironic that self reliance and being insured is a heritage concept has folks saying shoot.....let government pay the bill......and no shame....zero.

12Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 1:57 am

Irony 2Q==

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJwZhqU0QL4

Laughing 

13Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 7:51 am

knothead

knothead

Damaged Eagle wrote:Irony 2Q==

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJwZhqU0QL4

Laughing 

DE, you are stealing Markle's punch line dude . . .

14Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 9:31 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

[quote="VectorMan"]Irony Full[/quote

cheers cheers cheers

15Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 9:32 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

VectorMan wrote:Irony Liberal-argument-playbook

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

16Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 10:10 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Irony RomneyGraphic

17Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 2:22 pm

yes, the irony, when you cant debate or defend the subject just toss out a picture blaming someone else for another subject that isnt even being talked about.

YEP! Pigeons alright, you just got the wrong side labeled LMAO!

18Irony Empty Thank you. 11/15/2013, 4:24 pm

Chrissy wrote:
red states don't want any part of it. that DIRECTLY is the result of demanding personal responsibility, contraire to this irony post.

if you cant see that, then really we should just keep our conversations about entertainment stuff.
I find it EXTREMLY HUMOROUS that you guys are trying to accuse republicans of not promoting personal responsibility for refusing to engage in the CREATION OF A WELFARE STATE.
This is exactly what the PPACA does: it demands that all Americans take personal responsibility for their healthcare costs!!!!
This is why I cannot understand why you ultra-conservatives hate it sooo much??

Oh, wait. I understand perfectly.
It is because of him. (the black guy)
Thanks for making my point, again.
What a dope.

19Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 4:37 pm

CarlSagan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

This is exactly what the PPACA does: it demands that all Americans take personal responsibility for their healthcare costs!!!!
While creating more people that need to go on welfare because they can't meet the requirements that the legislation demands of them.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense... NOT!

If you want to go this route I have a few mandates in the General Discussion area of the forum that you need to approve... Don't worry you can read about what they do after you approve them.

CarlSagan wrote:This is why I cannot understand why you ultra-conservatives hate it sooo much??
Who's ultraconservative?

Rolling Eyes 

Let's discuss some social issues that you and other supposedly enlightened progressive liberals haven't been willing to discuss lately.

CarlSagan wrote:Oh, wait. I understand perfectly.
I have my serious doubts about that.

CarlSagan wrote:It is because of him. (the black guy)
What black guy?

Are you projecting your insecurities again?

CarlSagan wrote:Thanks for making my point, again.
Thanks for allowing me to make my point yet again.

CarlSagan wrote:What a dope.
Irony Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGFSPXMpLH3-uYQL8zl0zBpGwPShnaDD5qR2RjAos4eWbbCKia

You surely are!

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB5JRS6JOck

Laughing 

20Irony Empty non response 11/15/2013, 7:27 pm

I will take that as a non-response.
You refuse to explain how one can scream 'personal responsibility' while hating a law that demands 'personal responsibility.'
I am not the one contradicting myself.
All you ultra-conservatives are.
And you all know who you are.
Thanks.
What, no classic rock pic?
Bummer.

21Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 10:31 pm

Markle

Markle

CarlSagan wrote:I will take that as a non-response.  
You refuse to explain how one can scream 'personal responsibility' while hating a law that demands 'personal responsibility.'
Thanks.
Bummer.
Impossible for Progressives is to understand the difference between force and personal responsibility.

Pointing a gun at someone's head and having them do what you wish, is NOT personal responsibility, it is FORCE.  It is your utopia found in North Korea, Venezuela, Iran, China and other favorites of yours. It is the opposite of Liberty and Freedom.

How too did you become such a racist?

22Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 10:44 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

boards of FL wrote:Anyone else find it strange that red states, those that claim to be fighting for personal responsibility and self reliance, are primarily the states that are passing off the creation of their exchanges to the federal government?  This is particularly strange when you couple that with the fact that red states are already a net tax burden on the federal government as it is, as they receive more money in federal spending than they actually pay in federal taxes.

They were already on the government teet as net benefit receivers before the ACA was passed, and now, they are passing off even more of their burden to the federal government.  And all the while they are the ones who whine the loudest!

Seriously I think the red states were in denial about the law taking effect. It is a mystery why they didn't want to administer their own exchanges and instead turned this activity over to the feds. In states that did their own IT work, things are going pretty smoothly. Maybe the plan was to overload the system and make it crash?

23Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 10:45 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

CarlSagan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

This is why I cannot understand why you ultra-conservatives hate it sooo much??

Oh, wait. I understand perfectly.
It is because of him. (the black guy)
Thanks for making my point, again.
What a dope.
cheers 

24Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/15/2013, 11:07 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Thanks.
Bummer.
Impossible for Progressives is to understand the difference between force and personal responsibility.

Pointing a gun at someone's head and having them do what you wish, is NOT personal responsibility, it is FORCE.  It is your utopia found in North Korea, Venezuela, Iran, China and other favorites of yours.  It is the opposite of Liberty and Freedom.

How too did you become such a racist?
How did you become such a pathetic toady?

25Irony Empty Re: Irony 11/16/2013, 12:11 am

I've been giving you responses. Just not ones you want to hear.

CarlSagan wrote:You refuse to explain how one can scream 'personal responsibility' while hating a law that demands 'personal responsibility.'
First off... How can it be in any way personal to an individual if the government is forcing you to do it?

Second off... How is the individual in any way responsible for him/herself if the government is mandating they do it?

You refusal to accept the wording as an individuals choice to do the right thing by instead making it a dictatorial order to do it only shows the delusional nature of your mental processing.

CarlSagan wrote:I am not the one contradicting myself.

Yes you are.

CarlSagan wrote:All you ultra-conservatives are.
Who's an ultra-conservative?

Let's talk about some of those pressing social issues that you supposedly enlightened progressive liberals like to support.

CarlSagan wrote:And you all know who you are.
Do they?

CarlSagan wrote:Thanks.
You're welcome and thanks.

CarlSagan wrote:What, no classic rock pic?
Bummer.
Irony 2Q==

Here you go.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3hmgkPYUuk

Smile 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum