This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Irony of ironies...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Irony of ironies... on 11/13/2018, 5:24 pm

As I'm sure everyone knows, CNN has sued Trump over the Acosta debacle. Here's a link to the story:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/13/media/cnn-sues-trump/index.html

The irony is that one of the lawyers for CNN is Theodore Olson who represented Bush in the 2000 election recount dispute that went all the way to the Supreme Court and ended up electing Bush. Bush was so happy with Olson that he appointed him Solicitor General.

Olson is a founding member of the Federalist Society, the right-wing think tank that Trump credited with the nomination of Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court.

Curiouser and curiouser...

View user profile

2 Re: Irony of ironies... on 11/13/2018, 6:05 pm

Can only hope Olson truly believes CNN's stance is correct in this case. Not that a good lawyer couldn't represent them anyway, but it sure helps if he's a passionate advocate.

One interesting question would be, how/why was he selected? Did Olson perchance offer his services?

Stay tuned, I guess....

View user profile

3 Re: Irony of ironies... on 11/13/2018, 11:46 pm

For a second I thought this had to be a different Ted Olson because I thought I'd remembered him dying on 911, then I checked and saw it was his wife who died on that day.
He's had a lot of years since the 2000 recount, and I'm wondering if his thinking might have changed since then. Bush people look a lot better in light of what occupies Washington today.

View user profile

4 Re: Irony of ironies... on 11/14/2018, 1:56 am

bigdog wrote: Bush people look a lot better in light of what occupies Washington today.

That's for damn sure.

And you've got one heckuva memory on you, girl.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum