Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Open post to everyone.

+5
Nekochan
cool1
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
Ghost Rider
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Open post to everyone. Empty Open post to everyone. 11/11/2013, 11:50 am

Today is Veterans day. I have mixed feeling about today. Last night I slammed GBB hard about being in the Navy...That was not an affront to any of my Navy/Marine/Air force friends. Mr Z, Pace dog, Nekos Husband, Jake and Teo and others have done things I could not do in defense of our country.I say thank you.

This a rough place. People play hard,very hard.

Gulf Beach Bandit seems obsessed with the death of my wife. He makes comments that he thinks hurts me...Granted they make me think, but they do not cause me any mental anguish. Until I met my wife I never understood the hurt and pain that callous comments cause overweight people. I know now.
IMHO Mr GBB is to be pitied for his lack of understanding.

To all of you who did not serve in the military, you owe me no thanks. You would have done what I did if the roles had been reversed.

2Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/11/2013, 11:57 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Mr Ichi wrote:Today is Veterans day. I have mixed feeling about today.  Last night I slammed GBB hard about being in the Navy...That was not an affront to any of my Navy/Marine/Air force  friends.  Mr Z, Pace dog, Nekos Husband, Jake and Teo and others  have done things I could not do in defense of our country.I say thank  you.

This a rough place.  People play hard,very hard.

Gulf Beach Bandit seems obsessed with the death of my wife. He makes comments that he thinks hurts me...Granted they make me think, but they do not cause me any mental anguish. Until I met my wife I never understood the hurt and pain that callous comments cause overweight people.  I know now.

To all of you who did not serve in the military, you owe me no thanks.  You would have done what I did if the roles had been reversed.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

3Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/11/2013, 11:58 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yes, we do owe you and all of our military thanks. You made a choice to serve and we benefitted from your service. Thank you .

4Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/11/2013, 12:04 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

My husband just left for the Wall. I said, "Are you crying already?" He said, "I wish you hadn't said that."

Thanks to everyone who served this great country, including their families. Thanks also to those who are with us now only in spirit.

5Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/11/2013, 12:09 pm

cool1

cool1

Joanimaroni wrote:Yes, we do owe you and all of our military thanks. You made a choice to serve and we benefitted from your service. Thank you .
I agree Thank You!

6Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/11/2013, 3:06 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Good thread, Ichi-san.   I have only good thoughts and wishes coming your way this Veteran's Day.  Thank you for your service.

7Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/11/2013, 5:58 pm

2seaoat

I am glad you got control of your emotions. I was worried that you wanted to find him and confront him. Inner strength allows mere words to deflect. Wrong is wrong, and by turning your other cheek, you have gained strength and wisdom. Only very sick people go physically looking for someone who has said something they do not like on an internet forum. Silliness, yet even if that was possible, how in any way would it change how utterly obscene the original words were? it would not.

8Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/11/2013, 10:44 pm

knothead

knothead

I join other forum members in offering a sincere debt of gratitude for you and the thousands of veterans who have our nation, thank you sir! Also, Mr. Oats is spot on in giving you credit for having the integrity and character to ignore the hatefulness directed towards you as it elevates you in the eyes of others but again thank you sir!!

9Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/12/2013, 3:13 pm

Yella

Yella

Mr Ichi wrote:Today is Veterans day. I have mixed feeling about today.  Last night I slammed GBB hard about being in the Navy...That was not an affront to any of my Navy/Marine/Air force  friends.  Mr Z, Pace dog, Nekos Husband, Jake and Teo and others  have done things I could not do in defense of our country.I say thank  you.

This a rough place.  People play hard,very hard.

Gulf Beach Bandit seems obsessed with the death of my wife. He makes comments that he thinks hurts me...Granted they make me think, but they do not cause me any mental anguish. Until I met my wife I never understood the hurt and pain that callous comments cause overweight people.  I know now.

To all of you who did not serve in the military, you owe me no thanks.  You would have done what I did if the roles had been reversed.

Forget about Gulf Beach Bandit. He tends to obsess about anything and everything. He would climb a tree to obsess when he could stand on the ground and just comment.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

10Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/12/2013, 3:22 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I just got back from Dealey Plaza here in Dallas.  That was a heck of a shot and I don't think Oswald killed Kennedy.  Got here yesterday and just happened to wear my Navy hat. I couldn't buy anything. Olive Garden gave me  a free $16 lunch and I went to see Thor at a theater and they gave me a free $ 15 seat in their dinner theater thT reclined and had people bring you whatever chow you wanted. I guess they really do respect military here big time.

11Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/12/2013, 3:30 pm

Yella

Yella

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I just got back from Dealey Plaza here in Dallas.  That was a heck of a shot and I don't think Oswald killed Kennedy.  Got here yesterday and just happened to wear my Navy hat. I couldn't buy anything. Olive Garden gave me  a free $16 lunch and I went to see Thor at a theater and they gave me a $ 15 seat in their dinner theater thT reclined and had people bring you whatever chow you wanted. I guess they really do respect military here big time.
Millions of Americans still believe that Oswald made three spectacular shots with a bolt action rifle with a scope. Anyone who ever shot a bolt action rifle and lined up a target with a scope knows it takes a few moments to accomplish.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

12Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/12/2013, 3:36 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yella wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I just got back from Dealey Plaza here in Dallas.  That was a heck of a shot and I don't think Oswald killed Kennedy.  Got here yesterday and just happened to wear my Navy hat. I couldn't buy anything. Olive Garden gave me  a free $16 lunch and I went to see Thor at a theater and they gave me a $ 15 seat in their dinner theater thT reclined and had people bring you whatever chow you wanted. I guess they really do respect military here big time.
Millions of Americans still believe that Oswald made three spectacular shots with a bolt action rifle with a scope.  Anyone who ever shot a bolt action rifle and lined up a target with a scope knows it takes a few moments to accomplish.
Yes they have Xs on the road below the window and I tried to imagine hitting a moving target with a scoped rifle. There was no way I could have done it unless it was a lucky shot. With iron sights I think I might have been in the ballpark but with a bolt action I would have gotten off no more than two moderately controlled rounds. Nope there was a second shooter did the deed and I think he was in the secret service car behind the president.

13Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/12/2013, 3:38 pm

I need to buy a Navy Hat LOL.   My Army hat scored a 99 cent hot dog at Checkers.  Just sayin....

14Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/12/2013, 4:01 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Mr Ichi wrote:I need to buy a Navy Hat LOL.   My Army hat scored a 99 cent hot dog at Checkers.  Just sayin....
Dang yeah...They shook my hand and thanked me and told me it was on the house in both places...You would have thought I was gulfbeachbandit or someone fancy like that....

15Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/12/2013, 4:04 pm

gulfbeachbandit = Moved to the Man with No name Section.

16Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/12/2013, 7:00 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I just got back from Dealey Plaza here in Dallas.  That was a heck of a shot and I don't think Oswald killed Kennedy.  Got here yesterday and just happened to wear my Navy hat. I couldn't buy anything. Olive Garden gave me  a free $16 lunch and I went to see Thor at a theater and they gave me a free $ 15 seat in their dinner theater thT reclined and had people bring you whatever chow you wanted. I guess they really do respect military here big time.
Teo, why are you eating at Olive Garden when you're in Dallas?!  I'd be having Texas barbecue or Mexican!

17Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/12/2013, 7:05 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I just got back from Dealey Plaza here in Dallas.  That was a heck of a shot and I don't think Oswald killed Kennedy.  Got here yesterday and just happened to wear my Navy hat. I couldn't buy anything. Olive Garden gave me  a free $16 lunch and I went to see Thor at a theater and they gave me a free $ 15 seat in their dinner theater thT reclined and had people bring you whatever chow you wanted. I guess they really do respect military here big time.
Teo, why are you eating at Olive Garden when you're in Dallas?!  I'd be having Texas barbecue or Mexican!
Had a hankerin for some bread sticks but I will be having me some barbecue before I head home.

18Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/12/2013, 7:44 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Had a hankerin for some bread sticks but I will be having me some barbecue before I head home.
Good... had me worried there for a min. Try to find a local to recommend a real mexican place. I'm nearly drooling.

19Open post to everyone. Empty Re: Open post to everyone. 11/12/2013, 9:03 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Very good.  Enjoy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum