Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

British Open

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1British Open Empty British Open 7/16/2015, 4:20 pm

2seaoat

Jordan Spieth my new hero on the tour.  He came back to the Deere Classic where he got his start.....Loyalty and character....something welcomed back on the top of leader boards.  I have played the course and like to go to Jumers during the week of the tournament when the pros are in town.  I have not cheered for a golfer for years....this kid is the real deal, and he could have easily done the smart thing and left last weekend for Scotland and prepared for a major all week long.  He did the right thing rewarding the community and the home of his first qualifier......people love  the Texan in the quad cities.

2British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/16/2015, 6:14 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Jordan is a great golfer.

3British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/16/2015, 6:56 pm

Hallmarkgard

Good not to see Tiger(?) moping and groping around. I hope he is finished for good.

4British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/16/2015, 8:55 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hallmarkgard wrote:Good not to see Tiger(?) moping and groping around.  I hope he is finished for good.

Tiger may not make the cut.

5British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/16/2015, 9:12 pm

I'm a fan.

6British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/16/2015, 10:35 pm

2seaoat

I saw Tiger play the Western Open when he was still in high school, he was flexible and skinny as a rail.  I looked at how he and Sing changed and bulked up during their runs......I think performance enhancing drugs were involved......I can never prove that accusation, but this steady drop off since they began testing.......shooting in the mid seventies.....heck in my prime I could do that, but probably not at the tips and pin placements they play.

7British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/19/2015, 12:45 pm

2seaoat

Jordan made his move......Monday could be a historic day for this young athlete.

8British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/19/2015, 1:03 pm

This is going to be nuts in the final round... it's anybodies. But I'll be pulling for jordan I have to admit.

9British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/19/2015, 1:44 pm

Hallmarkgard

Great to watch. What they call wind, we call a hurricane. Lol. Had to stop because the wind was moving the balls on the greens.

10British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/19/2015, 2:37 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I hope they don't coordinate their attire....3 or 4 top golfers wore grey today....doesn't take much to confuse me.

11British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/19/2015, 8:24 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Spieth, who won the Masters and
U.S. Open, is in the best position since Jack Nicklaus in 1972 to win the third leg of the Grand Slam. Nicklaus was 6 strokes behind Lee Trevino entering the final round and ultimately finished a shot back in The Open that year.

Prior to that, Arnold Palmer trailed by four entering the final round at St. Andrews in 1960, only to finish a stroke behind Kel Nagle. In 2002, Tiger Woods won the first two majors, but a third-round 81 dropped him 11 strokes back going into the final round.

Ben Hogan is the only player to win the Masters, U.S. Open and The Open in the same year. He accomplished the feat in 1953, the only time he played The Open.

"I see this as something that's only been done once before, and it was a long time ago," Spieth said. "That opportunity very rarely comes around. I do recognize what's at stake."

http://espn.go.com/golf/theopen15/story/_/id/13282777/jordan-spieth-shoots-6-66-leaders-open

12British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/19/2015, 8:32 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Pulling for Jordan.

13British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/19/2015, 9:47 pm

Hallmarkgard

Me too

14British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/19/2015, 10:39 pm

knothead

knothead

Count me in for Jordan . . . . . he seems calm despite the drama!

15British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/20/2015, 9:36 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Grey is the color again today, Dammit!

16British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/20/2015, 9:56 am

It's the color of the weather too... lol.

17British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/20/2015, 11:24 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

When is summer?

18British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/20/2015, 12:29 pm

2seaoat

Jordan had the pin kick out his short chip.  I always take the pin out which is always a debate in the foursome.  Some like em in some like em out, but I figure when I am putting it is out why would I keep it in for a short chip.

19British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/20/2015, 12:41 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Zack's putt was great and Leishman is putting great. Jordan may birdie birdie to win. Fingers crossed.

20British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/20/2015, 12:52 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yikes Leishman just missed a short putt on 16.

21British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/20/2015, 1:15 pm

2seaoat

Jordan is one great shot away from history.

22British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/20/2015, 1:24 pm

2seaoat wrote:Jordan is one great shot away from history.

It would be great if you wouldn't pull for him... thaaanks.

23British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/20/2015, 1:37 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Uh oh.....

24British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/20/2015, 1:42 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Great putt by Jordan....but a couple of inches from the tie.

25British Open Empty Re: British Open 7/20/2015, 1:48 pm

Rrrr... I blame seagoat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum