Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSA union calling for armed guards at all check points

+5
Joanimaroni
Ghost Rider
cool1
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/02/tsa-lax-shooting-armed-guards/3394601/

WASHINGTON — The union representing airport screeners for the Transportation Security Administration says Friday's fatal shooting of an agent at Los Angeles International Airport highlights the need for armed security officers at every airport checkpoint.

"Every local airport has its own security arrangement with local police to some type of contract security force," said J. David Cox Sr., president of the American Federation of Government Employees, which represents the screeners. "There is no standardization throughout the country. Every airport operates differently. Obviously at L.A. there were a fair number of local police officers there."

2seaoat

ahhh the truth be told.....the second amendment be damned....not everyone should have a gun......no no no....you do not understand......they are going to get a gun, and take my gun away......oh I see......so this is a bad thing......right.......stellar logic.........doublethink is alive and well as the Orwellian propaganda declares up is down......be careful.....they may send you to the Russian front.

cool1

cool1

If they need a cop at every check point so be it said , So be it done .
If they cant then they should arm someone for sure, Do whatever it takes .

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Teo, this really is not new news. I have a friend that is a TSA agent at Denver International Airport. He was worked there as an agent for almost 5 years now and he said when he went to work there, there was chatter about training and arming the agents. I talked to him yesterday and he said that the incident that happened at LAX will surely happen again, it is just a matter of when and where.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Why would it happen EVER. ? Why would anyone kill a TSA agent ? They are just doing a job they don't make policy ?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Why would it happen EVER. ? Why would anyone kill a TSA agent ? They are just doing a job they don't make policy ?  
because there are crazy people every where.

knothead

knothead

To me, there is NO question that the TSA folks should be armed, locked and loaded . . . . we have so much anger and plain ole idiots now the TSA agents should not be placed in their interactive roles without an ability to defend themselves!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:To me, there is NO question that the TSA folks should be armed, locked and loaded . . . . we have so much anger and plain ole idiots now the TSA agents should not be placed in their interactive roles without an ability to defend themselves!
We seem to forget, as does TSA, they are suppose to be looking for terrorists. At least one armed guard should be on duty at each counter. My thoughts would be a trained former military or police guard. I do not think arming entry level TSA agents is the solution. So many agents are poorly trained.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Why would it happen EVER. ? Why would anyone kill a TSA agent ? They are just doing a job they don't make policy ?  
That is true Teo, however from the statements coming out about the LAX shooter that he had a grievance with the TSA. Thus that was the reason for his asking people if they were TSA. Maybe he was disgruntled because he could not secure employment with the TSA or even a disgruntled ex-employee. I totally understand that they are just messengers of a corrupt system, but some people don't see it that way and just shoot the messenger.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Yes, there are.

Stir in the amount of incendiary, conspiratorial, anti-government rhetoric which floods our airwaves and the internet, and the easy access to firearms and ammunition in this country, and you have a recipe for bloodshed.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well trained and armed...they should be.

I haven't seen many tsa or dhs agents that look competent enough to be the the only citizen armed.

What's with them setting up road checkpoints? Just a bunch of yahoos for the most part... poorly trained.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I haven't seen many tsa or dhs agents that look competent enough to be the the only citizen armed.

What's with them setting up road checkpoints? Just a bunch of yahoos for the most part... poorly trained.
cheers cheers cheers 

2seaoat

Why would it happen EVER. ? Why would anyone kill a TSA agent ? They are just doing a job they don't make policy ?

Because hate groups have posted filth and lies which dehumanize the employees of the TSA. All those responsible for the same have blood on their hands. The posts were coordinated across the breadth of the internet, and they were not random. Hate group propaganda must be challenged. Brave and honorable people cannot let these weaklings who purvey hate to have and inch of ground without being challenged. The propaganda is not ad hoc....it is not by accident, and it requires vigorous challenge at every turn. Is it not ironic that the one person on this forum who actively contributed to the dehumanization of the TSA and their mission to protect the flying public feigns ignorance about what he has done. Good shall prevail over evil, but appeasement does not work with a Nazi.

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Yes, there are.

Stir in the amount of incendiary, conspiratorial, anti-government rhetoric which floods our airwaves and the internet, and the easy access to firearms and ammunition in this country, and you have a recipe for bloodshed.
Agreed. The people who stir this shit are responsible.

polecat

polecat

Nekochan wrote:Well trained and armed...they should be.
Dismantled and done away with. The TSA is a joke

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

polecat wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Well trained and armed...they should be.
Dismantled and done away with. The TSA is a joke
cheers 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum