Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wernicke: Health care at the end of a fork

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
knothead wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Ok for 65  Do me a favor and erase that picture before they start putting swastikas on it ...
Hell T, you even LOOK like a kraut!!!
Well my relatives were German...so..well...yeah.  My name translates to  blood letter in German
im german/indian..

get my brains from the germans and my body and bad habits from the Indians LOL
can i call you by an indian name...like, poka honey ?...thanks for removing the picture..dangerous to post anything like that on here...

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

yes we all die but what most forget is that it's the journey not the end of it we are to be aware of. I would much rather make the journey in as healthy a body as I can......

Everything Is Meaningless

1 The words of the Teacher,[a] son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”

3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.
7 All streams flow into the sea,
yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
there they return again.
8 All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.

Trust me on this one Just try it one morning or anytime

Orange juice
Banana
agave or Honey
Scoop of Protein power(Optional) 15 doolar at Wal-Mart chean kind works great"

Mix in a blender and drink

Try it. Not a diet, not any thing but a good way to start the day or get a little energy during the day

your elaborate plans are child's play......as you sit in a wheel chair in the halls of a nursing home at 90 will your choices be a bit better than morrison's...

I can only live for today. To project otherwise is foolish. Today I will feel good if I fuel my body properly according to MY needs.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ecclesiastes 3

New International Version (NIV)
A Time for Everything

3 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Mr Ichi wrote:Trust me on this one  Just try it one morning or anytime

Orange juice
Banana
agave or Honey
Scoop of Protein power(Optional) 15 dollars at Wal-Mart cheap kind works great"

Mix in a blender and drink

Try it.  Not a diet, not any thing but a good way to start the day or get a little energy during the day

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
knothead wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Ok for 65  Do me a favor and erase that picture before they start putting swastikas on it ...
Well my relatives were German...so..well...yeah.  My name translates to  blood letter in German
im german/indian..

can i call you by an indian name...like,  poka honey ?...thanks for removing the picture..dangerous to post anything like that on here...
sure, me likem poka honey. Wink 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
knothead wrote:
im german/indian..

can i call you by an indian name...like,  poka honey ?...thanks for removing the picture..dangerous to post anything like that on here...

sometime people get in too deep....done by a 19 year old Japanese artist..

Wernicke: Health care at the end of a fork - Page 2 Image010

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
knothead wrote:
im german/indian..

sometime people get in too deep....done by a 19 year old Japanese artist..

Wernicke: Health care at the end of a fork - Page 2 Image010
LOL

Mr Ichi wrote:
LOL.... you may not remember but this was my theme song back in the days of the Banana bandit!

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The adkins diet.....or variations therein......been there and done that.......without an exception the 12 people who were on the diet and lost over 10% of body weight over six months developed kidney stones.....all 12, but perhaps the diet has advanced, but I can go a week limiting my carbs and drop weight, but what is the long term damage to the body following adkins like carb reductions......what is the link to cancer.......four of those who did that same diet, now have cancer.......diet is not as simple as the newest fad.......science has no consensus, and even the balanced diet we were taught as children.....the wheel.....has been modified because of uncertainty.......so I am glad some folks have diet figured out.
Please show us that "study" of 12 people. TWELVE PEOPLE...really?

Markle

Markle

Mr Ichi wrote:Don't forget the important part of this... Exercise.

Good point  Thanks
More important...IN MY OPINION...are GENES and MODERATION.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
knothead wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
knothead wrote:
Cool . . . . I am German-Irish (mostly). Who the heck knows or cares? lol
exactly... Americans are all mutts for the most part.
Which explains why the US has a lower life expectancy than some other countries.

I'm not a "mutt" but I am most certainly in the...minority.

2seaoat

Please show us that "study" of 12 people. TWELVE PEOPLE...really?

Twelve people I know threw in a hundred bucks with all of us swearing to comply with the Adkins diet for six months.  We all lost 10% or more of our body weight.  We ALL in the next five years had emergency room visits with kidney stones.....each and every one of us.    We were warned by our doctors that this is a side effect of the adkins diet, but it melted the fat off, and we could eat all the meat we wanted.......we were big healthy meat eaters.....so we got the best of both worlds.......that was until the five years following we all shared our horror stories on the kidney stones.   I drank so much water I think I was drunk on water......but it did little or no good.....when those stones decide to move.....Katy bar the door.

I did learn from a nurse the best technique for me to deal with an attack.  She recommended pouring a scalding bath with no cold water and immersing yourself in the same.  The pain from the scalding takes your mind away from the kidney pain and the heat does something because I passed the stones without the pain.......it is a miracle.   I remember an attack at the vet memorial on bayfront......I barely got into the car but once I was in that scalding bath, I passed the stone.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Please show us that "study" of 12 people. TWELVE PEOPLE...really?

Twelve people I know threw in a hundred bucks with all of us swearing to comply with the Adkins diet for six months.  We all lost 10% or more of our body weight.  We ALL in the next five years had emergency room visits with kidney stones.....each and every one of us.    We were warned by our doctors that this is a side effect of the adkins diet, but it melted the fat off, and we could eat all the meat we wanted.......we were big healthy meat eaters.....so we got the best of both worlds.......that was until the five years following we all shared our horror stories on the kidney stones.   I drank so much water I think I was drunk on water......but it did little or no good.....when those stones decide to move.....Katy bar the door.

I did learn from a nurse the best technique for me to deal with an attack.  She recommended pouring a scalding bath with no cold water and immersing yourself in the same.  The pain from the scalding takes your mind away from the kidney pain and the heat does something because I passed the stones without the pain.......it is a miracle.   I remember an attack at the vet memorial on bayfront......I barely got into the car but once I was in that scalding bath, I passed the stone.
So what you're saying is that it is just your story.

Got it!

You must have been a pain in the *** for that nurse too.

A health professional recommending 1st or 2nd degree burns as a solution to a kidney stone. Yep!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum