Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bullying--needs to stop period!

+4
Jake92
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
cool1
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

cool1

cool1

I just don't know what to do other parents go through the same thing I guess --Your right though If they get away with it they will just keep on doing it.

Sal

Sal

Jake92 wrote:A big part of the problem is the children see the criminals charged and sent to court where a stinking judge lets them go with little or no punishment and then the crimes get worse and worse while the ones doing the crimes are free to repeat them on more and more people..  How many DUI's does it take or how many shoplifting, breaking and entering, theft, assault, illegal drug crimes does it take until a stinking judge locks the ass holes up?????
Yeah ...

... that's the problem.

We don't have enough people locked up in this country.

Rolling Eyes 

cool1

cool1

Sal wrote:Bullying--needs to stop period! - Page 2 Screen11

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/creating-a-framework-for-ethical-decision-making-among-journalists-and-those-who-care-about-democracy/227095/bullying-is-not-on-the-rise-and-it-does-not-lead-to-suicide/
I think your wrong it happens everyday.

Sal

Sal

cool1 wrote:it happens everyday.
Of course, it does.

And, always has.

It's a dark side of human nature.

But, there's zero evidence that it's on the rise or that it causes suicides.

cool1

cool1

Sal---Did you read all the opinions on that page you put up---These are real people posting that live it ---we don't need to try to figure children out in a lab LOL----these are people that know better Wink 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:Bullying--needs to stop period! - Page 2 Screen11

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/creating-a-framework-for-ethical-decision-making-among-journalists-and-those-who-care-about-democracy/227095/bullying-is-not-on-the-rise-and-it-does-not-lead-to-suicide/
It can certainly be a contributing factor in an unstable individual..

cool1

cool1

On the page Sal found---If you look at the opinions they give plenty of links saying opposite ---doesn't matter something needs to be done I think.

Sal

Sal

cool1 wrote:Sal---Did you read all the opinions on that page you put up---These are real people posting that live it ---we don't need to try to figure children out in a lab LOL----these are people that know better Wink 
Are you aware of the term "anecdotal evidence"?

cool1

cool1

Oh well people are going to think what they want no matter what is posted --  That's why its on the news every night trying to let people know about it !

They aren't killing themselves for no reason at all!

Yea there ill after being bullied so much.

Sal

Sal

Y'all know what actually does kill a lot of kids? ...

http://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/Pages/Prevalence-of-Household-Gun-Ownership-Linked-to-Child-Gun-Shot-Wounds.aspx

It's on the rise and causes childhood suicides too.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think that people who kill themselves have a mental illness.  The vast majority of people who are bullied don't kill themselves.   But how can we be sure that bullying is not one factor that sometimes helps push some mentally troubled kids over the edge?

cool1

cool1

Oh well we can spin it anyway we want I guess some are weak and some are strong.

Nekochan

Nekochan

cool1 wrote:Oh well we can spin it anyway we want I guess some are weak and some are strong.
That might be a good way of putting it.  I don't know how anyone can say for sure that bullying doesn't sometimes contribute to suicide.  For whatever reason, a person hits a point where they decide it's not worth going on. Bullying sure can't help matters for someone who already has issues they're dealing with.

cool1

cool1

Nekochan wrote:
cool1 wrote:Oh well we can spin it anyway we want I guess some are weak and some are strong.
That might be a good way of putting it.  I don't know how anyone can say for sure that bullying doesn't sometimes contribute to suicide.  For whatever reason, a person hits a point where they decide it's not worth going on. Bullying sure can't help matters for someone who already has issues they're dealing with.
Your right Neko --children are not like adults , we can fight back - they are still going through puberty --many life changes at that age.

That's very sad. I have had to go through that a few times with my children. Its never easy. And there is NO right answer.

I can tell you this. you will never stop people from bullying. People are mean and children are especially cruel.

As a parent it is our job to prepare our children to deal with stuff like this. Death of friends, relatives, pets etc. suicides are always the most difficult.

This too shall pass.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bottom line, Cool. Your daughter did he right thing. She stood up and made herself heard and that is what is important.

cool1

cool1

I found out his friends had a prayer by the flag pole this morning and the criminal justice class will have a small gathering on Wednesday --within time it will get easier for them all .

Nekochan

Nekochan

That's good Cool.  It's painful but they will get through this.

cool1

cool1

Joanimaroni wrote:
Bottom line, Cool. Your daughter did he right thing. She stood up and made herself heard and that is what is important.
yes ! I think so.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I googled this and found nothing about a teen suicide in Florida in the past week. What school did this happen at?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

gulfbeachbandit wrote:I googled this and found nothing about a teen suicide in Florida in the past week.  What school did this happen at?
You won't the majority of suicides ( clear-cut) are kept private and not reported by the local media.

cool1

cool1

respect for the family I wont print name of student . wouldn't be right to do that . If it shows up in the news well I feel that would be up to parents of child , But I can say what my daughter has gone through without imposing because she was friends with this child and FB--friend .

cool1

cool1

I wish sometimes they did --all of them that way people would know and be aware Crying or Very sad 

cool1 wrote:I wish sometimes they did --all of them that way people would know and be aware Crying or Very sad 
they do lots of them. Guess the family would have to agree to it.

however, people could look at obituaries or death certificates if the felt the need for a investigation

cool1

cool1

Chrissy wrote:
cool1 wrote:I wish sometimes they did --all of them that way people would know and be aware Crying or Very sad 
they do lots of them. Guess the family would have to agree to it.

however, people could look at obituaries or death certificates if the felt the need for a investigation

Yes I think they could.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum