Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/27/2013, 6:34 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Fleetwood Mac has canceled their Australian/New Zealand concert tour. This is because the dates would interfere with treatment of John McVie with has just been diagnosed with an unspecified cancer.

Get well soon, John.

2Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/27/2013, 6:40 pm

2seaoat

The 1971 through 1973 version was the best Fleetwood Mac. Their best album:

John's bass and Christina was just at her absolute best.

3Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/27/2013, 7:13 pm

Ghost Rider wrote:Fleetwood Mac has canceled their Australian/New Zealand concert tour. This is because the dates would interfere with treatment of John McVie with has just been diagnosed with an unspecified cancer.

Get well soon, John.
oh how sad. They are pretty much my most fav band of all time.

4Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/27/2013, 7:28 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Chrissy wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Fleetwood Mac has canceled their Australian/New Zealand concert tour. This is because the dates would interfere with treatment of John McVie with has just been diagnosed with an unspecified cancer.

Get well soon, John.

Between them, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin I have a hard time choosing who my favorite of all time is.

5Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/27/2013, 7:44 pm

Ghost Rider wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Get well soon, John.

Between them, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin I have a hard time choosing who my favorite of all time is.
Yeah, I can still dig those other bands too, just not as much. its a girl thing I think.

btwww.... you might be interested in this. good stuff on that site, even some tunes you might never of heard. I just thought #10 was funny

10.) The pair of balls which can be seen dangling from Fleetwood’s belt on the Rumours front cover are of the same kind he always wears when drumming – originally they were toilet chain-balls, snatched from a club the band played in the early days as a good luck token.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/04/rumours-all-true-10-things-you-might-not-know-about-fleetwood-mac-3579839/

6Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/27/2013, 8:05 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Chrissy wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Get well soon, John.

Yeah, I can still dig those other bands too, just not as much. its a girl thing I think.

btwww.... you might be interested in this. good stuff on that site, even some tunes you might never of heard. I just thought #10 was funny

10.) The pair of balls which can be seen dangling from Fleetwood’s belt on the Rumours front cover are of the same kind he always wears when drumming – originally they were toilet chain-balls, snatched from a club the band played in the early days as a good luck token.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/04/rumours-all-true-10-things-you-might-not-know-about-fleetwood-mac-3579839/
Thanks for the link.

7Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/27/2013, 11:56 pm

Wish they would tour here...stevie nicks is smokin' hawt

8Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/28/2013, 12:56 am

Markle

Markle

Ghost Rider wrote:Fleetwood Mac has canceled their Australian/NThis is oneew Zealand concert tour. This is because the dates would interfere with treatment of John McVie with has just been diagnosed with an unspecified cancer.

Get well soon, John.
I'll keep him in my prayers. This is one of my favorite groups too.

Getting old sure ain't for sissies!

9Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/28/2013, 12:59 am

2seaoat

Getting old sure ain't for sissies!

As my Uncle said a year before he died......this is not exactly what I expected.

10Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/28/2013, 1:20 am

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Getting old sure ain't for sissies!

As my Uncle said a year before he died......this is not exactly what I expected.
I've heard that one too...and is so true.

The preface I've heard to yours was "remember when you were young and you wish you were older...this is not exactly what I expected."

11Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/28/2013, 8:17 am

cool1

cool1

I don't like aging --wrinkles--over time your bones hurt, You find yourself waking up to Aleve then before you go to bed Aleve geeze  cool weather is worse for me!  They need to come up with a pill that reverses all this crap Mad

12Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/28/2013, 9:06 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

That is indeed sad news about John McVie.

Ghost, we played Fleetwood Mac's "The Dance" concert video twice yesterday afternoon. Have you seen it? It's well worth the purchase price from Amazon.

I still tear up every time I see the college band taking the stage for "Tusk." Very Happy 

And Lindsey Buckingham.....need I say more?

EDIT: I read online just last night that Christine McVie agreed to perform at least one song at two of 2013 concerts. Supposedly this news came from Mick Fleetwood.

Christine has been a recluse in England, living in her farmhouse and tending to her garden and her dogs, since 1998.

13Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/28/2013, 9:19 am

2seaoat

Christine has been a recluse in England, living in her farmhouse and tending to her garden and her dogs, since 1998.

She remains the central talent of the band through its two most important phases. A true artist in every sense of the word.

14Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/28/2013, 11:54 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

PBulldog2 wrote:That is indeed sad news about John McVie.

Ghost, we played Fleetwood Mac's "The Dance" concert video twice yesterday afternoon. Have you seen it? It's well worth the purchase price from Amazon.

I still tear up every time I see the college band taking the stage for "Tusk." Very Happy 

EDIT: I read online just last night that Christine McVie agreed to perform at least one song at two of 2013 concerts. Supposedly this news came  from Mick Fleetwood.

She has already performed with them at least once that I know of.

BTW, "Tusk" was performed with the University of Southern California Marching Trojans.

15Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour Empty Re: Fleetwoor Mac Cancels Tour 10/28/2013, 11:58 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Ghost Rider wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:That is indeed sad news about John McVie.

EDIT: I read online just last night that Christine McVie agreed to perform at least one song at two of 2013 concerts. Supposedly this news came  from Mick Fleetwood.

She has already performed with them at least once that I know of.

BTW, "Tusk" was performed with the University of Southern California Marching Trojans.
Right! I couldn't recall the name of the marching band when I posted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum