Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are the SOLUTIONS to jobs taken by technology and overseas slave labor cheap products?

+3
Markle
Jake92
dumpcare
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Chrissy wrote:
after thinking about this long and hard. I personally think that if Americans want more jobs here, they need to start supporting products made here. There is the problem. We want cheap, we don't care and then the other problem, so many people don't want jobs and just don't give a shit.
You have just zeroed in on the reason as to why libertarian philosophy is completely full of shit. American consumers are not rational actors. They are far from it.

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:
You have just zeroed in on the reason as to why libertarian philosophy is completely full of shit.  
One of the reasons. 

Markle

Markle

Jake92 wrote:Imagine the sewing machine operators working for minumum wage making the clothing we wear..  Will the stores sell the things made here for the same price they sell something from Indonesia for when it costs them more to buy them??  The bottom line is the businesses are ruled by very greedy stockholders who will cheat their mothers for a penny..
Obviously you don't have any type of retirement plan.

That's to bad, will Social Security be there for you when you retire?

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
Jake92 wrote:Imagine the sewing machine operators working for minumum wage making the clothing we wear..  Will the stores sell the things made here for the same price they sell something from Indonesia for when it costs them more to buy them??  The bottom line is the businesses are ruled by very greedy stockholders who will cheat their mothers for a penny..

"To" vs "too" ...

... you're incapable of learning from your mistakes ...

... you are a Republican. 

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:Pass a law that says all imported goods must be produced by some labor standard that mirrors our domestic standards (workplace safety, minimum wage, etc...).  
Exactly what part of the constitution gives us the authority to govern other countries.

You must love George Soros, he too believes in an Open Society too, ruled by one governing body.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
Exactly what part of the constitution gives us the authority to govern other countries.
We wouldn't be governing any other countries. Any country would still be free to do whatever they want. The only thing that the policy I proposed would affect would be the working conditions of facilities that produce imported products. Every country and private entity could still do whatever they want; but if they want to import their products into our market, they would need to mirror our work standards, such that there is no artificial labor advantage provided to firms that go to third world countries and prey on slave labor, or countries that employ currency manipulation, or countries that subsidize particular domestic industries, or...etc.... This is common sense.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Basically, eliminate all "beggar thy neighbor" advantage.

Markle

Markle

Jake92 wrote:That will never be passed by the politicians that make the laws..  It MUST come from the ones buying things demanding them being made in the USA or not buying it..  Will YOU spend an extra $ or 2 for socks, underwear, or t-shirts made in the states??
The money is just part of the problems. The massive regulations heaped on manufacturers make it impossible for them to compete.

Why do you think Apple decided to build the I-Phone in China? The could set up the manufacturing of millions of I-Phones in a limited amount of time. When they needed to make a change in production, they were able to do so in weeks rather than many months it would have required here in the US.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
Why do you think Apple decided to build the I-Phone in China? \
Cheap labor. (see my solution)

boards of FL

boards of FL

Try and think of a nations wealth as water. Think of dams as regulation. As the dams lower, wealth flows out of our country and raises the standard of living elsewhere while simultaneously lowering our domestic standard of living. We have the obvious ability to put a dam in place such that we do not bleed wealth to other countries, though that would be at the expense of our domestic 1%. Boo fucking hoo.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

"To" vs "too" ...

... you're incapable of learning from your mistakes ..

... you are a Republican.
That's all you have again? Do you have a retirement plan? If not, that TOO bad. Will Social Security be there for you when you retire?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
We wouldn't be governing any other countries.  Any country would still be free to do whatever they want.  The only thing that the policy I proposed would affect would be the working conditions of facilities that produce imported products.  Every country and private entity could still do whatever they want; but if they want to import their products into our market, they would need to mirror our work standards, such that there is no artificial labor advantage provided to firms that go to third world countries and prey on slave labor, or countries that employ currency manipulation, or countries that subsidize particular domestic industries, or...etc....   This is common sense.
What do you think other nations would do about our exports to their countries?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
Why do you think Apple decided to build the I-Phone in China? \
Cheap labor.  (see my solution)
ONCE AGAIN for the very...S-L-O-W.

The money is just part of the problems. The massive regulations heaped on manufacturers make it impossible for them to compete.

Why do you think Apple decided to build the I-Phone in China? The could set up the manufacturing of millions of I-Phones in a limited amount of time. When they needed to make a change in production, they were able to do so in weeks rather than many months it would have required here in the US.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
That is entirely their choice.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:Try and think of a nations wealth as water.  Think of dams as regulation.  As the dams lower, wealth flows out of our country and raises the standard of living elsewhere while simultaneously lowering our domestic standard of living. We have the obvious ability to put a dam in place such that we do not bleed wealth to other countries, though that would be at the expense of our domestic 1%.  Boo fucking hoo.
Was that supposed to make some sort of sense?

What are the SOLUTIONS to jobs taken by technology and overseas slave labor cheap products? - Page 2 Crazy

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:

Why do you think Apple decided to build the I-Phone in China?

I guess I can say "ONCE AGAIN for the very...S-L-O-W",  I already answered that question.  Apple produces their product overseas due to a cheap labor advantage.   Or, put another way, an advantage that would not exist under the policy that I proposed.  

I can lead you to water, but I can't make you drink.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Was that supposed to make some sort of sense?

What are the SOLUTIONS to jobs taken by technology and overseas slave labor cheap products? - Page 2 Crazy
It was, but only to anyone with a freshman level understanding of ECON101. Perhaps you are excluded from that demographic.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
That is entirely their choice.
So they tax our imports out of reach of their citizens further damaging out economy.

Brilliant!

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

Why do you think Apple decided to build the I-Phone in China?
I guess I can say "ONCE AGAIN for the very...S-L-O-W",  I already answered that question.  Apple produces their product overseas due to a cheap labor advantage.   Or, put another way, an advantage that would not exist under the policy that I proposed.  

I can lead you to water, but I can't make you drink.
Likewise, I'm sure. But you couldn't answer the question. Not surprising.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Motorola is building a big manufacturing facility in Texas and will build it's smartphone in America employing American workers.

And it's a similiar thing to the transplant auto assembly plants.  The phones will be assembled in the U.S.,  but many of the components will still be outsourced 

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/motorolas-moto-phone-made-america/story?id=19284860

And again,  there is no explanation coming from Motorola in this article which attempts to explain why this anomaly can be occurring.  Just as there has been no explanation for why the transplant auto assembly plants can be a reality.  It's been beaten into all our brains that everything has to be made overseas because of the cheap labor.  But now we have Motorola smartphones being made here and cars being made here.  Why the hell can we not make a lot of other products here And put Americans back to work in manufacturing?  What is the big deep secret about the cars and the Motorola smartphone that nobody will explain to us?

If we had a real media instead of nothing more than cheerleaders for either the democrat party or the republican party,  a real media would put this under a microscope and investigate and tell us why this is happening.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

NBC News has an investigative reporting team headed by Lisa Myers.
I just tried to get an email address for that thing to ask Lisa Myers to report on what I just posted.

I googled "contact Lisa Myers" and got nothing. The bitch doesn't even have a way for the public to contact her.

Who are the other investigative reporters? Does fox news have one?

boards of FL wrote:Try and think of a nations wealth as water.  Think of dams as regulation.  As the dams lower, wealth flows out of our country and raises the standard of living elsewhere while simultaneously lowering our domestic standard of living. We have the obvious ability to put a dam in place such that we do not bleed wealth to other countries, though that would be at the expense of our domestic 1%.  Boo fucking hoo.
well  this is what is happening NOW.

Im not so sure about your solution. I need to think about it longer. I guess it could be in some sort of trade agreement but it will kill poor countries and it does kind of dictate to other countries that they would have to create a min wage if they don't have one.

But im sure some sort of trade agreement could be made that would be better for us as the worlds largest consumers. on edit: one that wouldn't leave us with ANY debt owed.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:But you couldn't answer the question.  Not surprising.
I answered the question. Twice. You can't read.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum