Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bureau of Labor and Statistics: 217,000 jobs added to the economy in May

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=461119&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

dumpcare

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2014/06/06/since-obamacare-passed-50-months-ago-healthcare-has-gained-almost-1-million-jobs/

So why are so many still on food stamps?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ppaca wrote:http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2014/06/06/since-obamacare-passed-50-months-ago-healthcare-has-gained-almost-1-million-jobs/

From that article:

Obamacare was once called “The Job-Killing Health Care Law.” But the latest jobs report suggests that the broader economy—and the health care sector, specifically—are adding jobs at a healthy rate.

Since the Affordable Care Act was signed into law in March 2010, the health care industry has gained nearly 1 million jobs—982,300, to be more precise—according to Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates released on Friday.
Meanwhile, the rest of the economy has added 7.7 million jobs since March 2010, and for the first time, more people are working since the recession began five years ago.
Private-sector jobs also grew for the 51st straight month, Justin Wolfers observes at The Upshot, which ties the longest consecutive streak on record and overlaps with the passage of Obamacare 50 months ago. But that streak is piddling compared to health care, which just reported its 131st straight month of job gains.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:So why are so many still on food stamps?

Because pay is low. Hopefully as the job market continues to improve employers will be in a bidding war for employes and wages will go up...the need for food stamps will go down, middle class will increase?

dumpcare

PACEDOG#1 wrote:So why are so many still on food stamps?

You tell me what you think. I think that probably half are gaming the system. There are so many people just around here getting paid under the table, so can you imagine all many nation wide are? Funny how around here that most hate Obama but are willing to work under the table and take hand outs on top of it and the healthcare subsidy. But since they are republican's they do not look as though they are taking handouts, but rather putting it to Obama.

What a crock of shit

Health care has not gained jobs and if so it's in part time cheap labor while highly trained and educated staff get the shaft

Every fucking hospital I know and that's a lot has skimmed down Thier staff

And btw on this number guess what

92 million people arenot in the labor force the highest in over 30 years

Stay in fantasy land it must be nice

by othershoe1030 Today at 1:57 pm
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

So why are so many still on food stamps?

Because pay is low. Hopefully as the job market continues to improve employers will be in a bidding war for employes and wages will go up...the need for food stamps will go down, middle class will increase?
------
Pay low? In the health
Care industry ?

dumpcare

Chrissy wrote:What a crock of shit

Health care has not gained jobs and if so it's in part time cheap labor while highly trained and educated staff get the shaft

Every fucking hospital I know and that's a lot has skimmed down Thier staff

And btw on this number guess what

92 million people arenot in the labor force the highest in over 30 years

Stay in fantasy land it must be nice

Well I consider Forbes a very conservative news outlet and they don't lie.  Twisted Evil 

You might want to mosey on down to the chart on that article and notice healthcare had the lowest growth in 2013 since 1999

You also might want to notice that person is just another liberal using the GOV data to spin a web of unicorn fairy tales

Like I said if healthcare is adding jobs it's part time cheap labor I talk to vendors and know a lot of people in this business and it isn't a pretty little fuzzy picture going on

dumpcare

I read the whole article and saw healthcare had the slowest growth in 2013.

I don't care who the reporter was, it was Forbes a conservative news feed that published it. So they must believe it. I personally don't believe too much of anything anymore. I just report the news I don't read the facts, sort of like fox, cnn, nbc, cbs, abc and msnbc.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Chrissy wrote:You might want to mosey on down to the chart on that article and notice healthcare had the lowest growth in 2013 since 1999

You might want to read the actual report linked in the original post.

A few excerpts...

Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 217,000 in May, and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 6.3 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment increased in professional and business services, health care and social assistance, food services and drinking places, and transportation and warehousing.

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 217,000 in May, with gains in professional and business services, health care and social assistance, food services and drinking places, and transportation and warehousing. Over the prior 12 months, nonfarm payroll employment growth had averaged 197,000 per month. (See table B-1.

In May, health care and social assistance added 55,000 jobs. The health care industry added 34,000 jobs over the month, twice its average monthly gain for the prior 12 months. Within health care, employment rose in May by 23,000 in ambulatory health care services (which includes offices of physicians, outpatient care centers, and home health care services) and by 7,000 in hospitals. Employment rose by 21,000 in social assistance, compared with an average gain of 7,000 per month over the prior 12 months.

boards of FL wrote:
Chrissy wrote:You might want to mosey on down to the chart on that article and notice healthcare had the lowest growth in 2013 since 1999

You might want to read the actual report linked in the original post.

A few excerpts...

Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 217,000 in May, and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 6.3 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment increased in professional and business services, health care and social assistance, food services and drinking places, and transportation and warehousing.

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 217,000 in May, with gains in professional and business services, health care and social assistance, food services and drinking places, and transportation and warehousing. Over the prior 12 months, nonfarm payroll employment growth had averaged 197,000 per month. (See table B-1.

In May, health care and social assistance added 55,000 jobs. The health care industry added 34,000 jobs over the month, twice its average monthly gain for the prior 12 months. Within health care, employment rose in May by 23,000 in ambulatory health care services (which includes offices of physicians, outpatient care centers, and home health care services) and by 7,000 in hospitals. Employment rose by 21,000 in social assistance, compared with an average gain of 7,000 per month over the prior 12 months.

I read it. its CRAP. They must be somehow counting people they hired for obamacare. Because I have been talking a lot to all my vendors and friends and even my AHCA inspector about this and the consensus is, jobs are being lost in healthcare.

The only thing that might be a uptick for healthcare right now is part time cheap labor. Or perhaps the reason they added healthcare and social services together could be the answer, they've added more people to administer obamacare and I know Obama has initiated this stupid new group to go to peoples homes and even help them with entertainment as part of healthcare.

But real jobs, real hard working educated the people who administer HEALTH CARE. NOPE. There is not a increase. But I know you and the rest of the pink fuzzy crowd will believe what ever is told to you by the GOV. So its pointless for me to continue to scream about it, which is why I rarely talk about it anymore. But sooner or later you will be at the end of it in need with all the newly hired uneducated, reduced rate rationed systems hands. Good luck.

and BTW boards,

you might want to look at that chart. in 2013 even in that crap chart it showed job creation less than in 1999. it wasn't till 2013 and 2014 that the BIG cuts took place. FYI

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=461119&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Continued misery!

In May, 2.1 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force, essentially
unchanged from a year earlier. (The data are not seasonally adjusted.) These individuals
were not in the labor force, wanted and were available for work, and had looked for a
job sometime in the prior 12 months. They were not counted as unemployed because they
had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey
. (See table A-16.)

marginally, essentially........... Rolling Eyes 

boards of FL

boards of FL

Look, everyone! They're doing it again!

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t14249-update-5-30-204-economy-revised-downward-now-us-economy-dropped-to-minus-1-percent-growth-in-q1#180307

All this said, I want to point out the fact that I accept this report for what it is. It is an objective measure of the economy - a data point. It is a measure of objective reality. This is the case weather I like it or not.

We can't say the same for the Markles and the PACEDOG's. For them, today, this is a valid report that measures objective reality. For every other quarter over the last several years...MASSIVE CONSPIRACY!!!!111 GOVERNMENT COOKING THE BOOKS!!!11 THIS ISN'T REAL!!!11 ONLY FOOLS BELIEVE NUMBERS THAT COME FROM THE BEA!!!111

BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!11111

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum