Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A review of the movie "Gravity" on Pastor Carl Gallups WEBY radio program "Freedom Friday"

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Pastor Gallups' program has a movie reviewer.  This reviewer just presented the audience with his review...

"The movie is awful.  Sandra Bullock is a terrible actress.  She looks like Nancy Palosi.  The whole theme of the movie is a metaphor for Obama taking back control of both houses of Congress"

Am I making this up?  Actually I wish I was,  but no sadly I'm not.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:The whole theme of the movie is a metaphor for Obama taking back control of both houses of Congress"
Wow. 

I totally missed that. 

lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:The whole theme of the movie is a metaphor for Obama taking back control of both houses of Congress"
Wow. 

I totally missed that. 

lol
Just for shits and grins you need to hear at least one episode of "Freedom Friday" with the Reverend Carl Gallups.  The show is streamed on the radio station website.  It's the most unusual thing you will ever hear on media.  And I know because I've heard just about everything that's ever been on media.    lol

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:
Wow. 

I totally missed that. 

lol
Just for shits and grins you need to hear at least one episode of "Freedom Friday" with the Reverend Carl Gallups.  The show is streamed on the radio station website.  It's the most unusual thing you will ever hear on media.  And I know because I've heard just about everything that's ever been on media.    lol
Carl should run for president with T. Cruz as his vice pres. This country needs change, the present politicos couldn't have done worse!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:
Carl should run for president with T. Cruz as his vice pres.  This country needs change, the present politicos couldn't have done worse!
Trust me,  Brother Carl makes Ted Cruz look like a flaming liberal in comparison.  He actually said on the show today that the talk radio hosts are not "conservative" enough for him.  He thinks Limbaugh and Hannity are too liberal.
And he's also now starting to use infowars.com as a regular source. I never expected that from him.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You may not be aware that Brother Carl was named "2nd worst person in the world" by Keith Olbermann. lol

http://www.hickoryhammockbaptist.org/radio/radio5.html

7A review of the movie "Gravity" on Pastor Carl Gallups WEBY radio program "Freedom Friday" Empty Carl Gallups is a horrible person 10/26/2013, 1:04 am

RealLindaL

Carl Gallups has no business calling himself "Reverend."  I'm not a religious person myself, but I know that if pride goeth before a fall, this character is due for a HUGE tumble of some kind one of these days.  The man is FULL of hatred and venom, nothing whatsoever like the Christ he seems to consider himself to be.

I've written WEBY to say how terrible he is, but of course they love the ratings he gets from the local rabid religious right, so they sent back some pablum about free speech or some such, can't even remember.  I didn't expect anything different from Mashburn or Bates, but it got to the point where I couldn't stand to even turn on the station to maybe hear some local news once in a while.  Mostly I'd listen for a few minutes and then get ambushed by the insanity and have to switch to NPR to maintain my mental health.  

As for the birther expose' crapola that he and his Arizona law enforcement buddies continue to spew - WHAT A JOKE. It's been YEARS now, yet every Freedom Friday he says, over and over again, just wait, just a few more weeks, or just another couple of months, or it's gonna take some time but it's coming, folks, and it'll  blow the lid off.   RIGHT.  The man is simply pitiful, and I cringe to think of all the vitriol he must spill daily in his own Milton community.

The world is definitely NOT better off for having Gallups in it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Rev. Wright
Rev Jessie Jackson
Rev. Al Sharpton

Razz Razz Razz 

RealLindaL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Rev. Wright
Rev Jessie Jackson
Rev. Al Sharpton

Razz Razz Razz 
Is that your answer for everything?  Those are not my favorite people, either, but their existence doesn't make Gallups any better.   Three or four wrongs don't make a right.

And on that note, goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.   __LL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote: they love the ratings he gets
WEBY doesn't have ratings to amount to a hill of beans. It's one step away from insolvency.

The Pensacola radio market is dominated by the Clear Channel and Cumulus stations...

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb317

RealLindaL

Thanks, Bob.   I hope that info is correct --  it's encouraging.  WCOA isn't a lot better, though, especially now that they've moved Good Morning Pensacola into an early, early slot ending at 8 a.m., such that we retirees who don't like to get up a 5 a.m. any more don't get the benefit of most of their SOMETIMES-interesting interviews with local officials -- which represents at least some attempt at public service -- before their new 8 a.m. Glenn Beck show comes on.  I complained about that whole change and got a patronizing answer that basically says not everybody feels the way I do.  Well DUH.   Idiots!!!

BTW, don'tcha just love the way WEBY's Gallups brags and preens about all his thousands of loyal listeners "WORLDWIDE"?  All members of the Tin Hat Society, no doubt.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote:

BTW, don'tcha just love the way WEBY's Gallups brags and preens about all his thousands of loyal listeners "WORLDWIDE"?
Okay that makes you a bonafide true WEBY listener and thank god I finally get to talk to someone who is. lol
I've been ranting about WEBY for several years in thread after thread and it became pretty evident to me that very few here have ever even listened to it so had no reference point for anything I was saying.

Yes yes yes Gallups is either a Milton Baptist pastor who is smart enough to try (and I put emphasis on "try) to emulate the professional radio personalities who use uber-hubris as their shtick,
OR, Gallups is some kind of pathological almost ego who really does believe he has a n audience to match Rush Limbaugh and really does believe his call screener is "world famous".
And I aint sure which. Because while Gallups has the goofiest ideas of anyone I've ever heard with a soapbox, he's also not a dumb man. He apparently speaks fluent Spanish and does have a good command of the subjects he's obsessed with.
Go figure.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, I guess it's time to tackle that Gravity movie review.

Well you can't. Make any sense of that review I mean.
I saw Gravity in Imax 3D over a week ago. It's a great ride in every way.
Best theatrical 3D yet, puts Avatar 3D to shame. And wonderful technological effects which are as good as the art of making that stuff gets.
But it is also a pretty compelling story.
I was listening to a movie critic on NPR and he was saying he and other critics are hoping the huge box-office success of this movie will begin a trend toward "special effects" movies having more than just special effects. That a good movie story will be priority and good effects will be used to help tell the story. Not be the story.

He apparently speaks fluent Spanish

Maybe Gallups=Mexican. Who knew?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum