Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Movie Review: "The Equalizer"

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Movie Review:  "The Equalizer" Empty Movie Review: "The Equalizer" 1/9/2015, 8:11 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Best sheer escapist movie entertainment I've had all year.

I know that since (according to seaoat) I'm a bigot who hates every minority including black people,  I'm not supposed to express this opinion.
But when it comes to the sheer coolness factor,  with this role I'd put Denzel Washington up against any white male actor working in hollywood today.

Of course I'm a little biased because I'm a fan of this particular movie genre,  the vigilante movie.
Denzel's character is a cross between Paul Kersey (Bronson in the Death Wish series) and The Man With No Name (Eastwood in the spaghetti westerns).  

But this time it's not the vigilante vs black thugs like in Death Wish.
This time it's a black vigilante and his ex-CIA white colleagues against the crooked cops and russian mobsters running Boston.
And it never slows down.  Brilliantly executed from opening to ending credits.   And it so deftly builds the whole thing around the screen personality of  Denzel Washington.  And what you come away with is the thought that Denzel Washington has provided a helluva role model for young blacks with this character.  Loved everything about it.
The final sequence,  the climax of the story,  is one of the most entertaining and riveting I've seen in movies yet.

Of course the story is all purely fiction and totally implausible,  but it doesn't pretend to be anything else.
Plus a lot of it is set inside a Home Depot store.  What's not to like.

Roger Ebert had his two thumbs.  I have my "sleep-o-meter".  It measures how many minutes I doze during a movie.
With Equalizer the needle on the sleep-o-meter never moved.  Not even a yawn.

Last edited by Bob on 1/9/2015, 8:18 pm; edited 3 times in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If you like it watch the old ones...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I will definitely watch that, teo. I vaguely remember the tv series but not well.

Did you see the movie yet?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:I will definitely watch that, teo.  I vaguely remember the tv series but not well.

Did you see the movie yet?
Yeah watched it in the El Rauncho hotel in Apalachicola. It was as good as it was unbelievable....I liked it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I love Apalachicola. It and the rest of the Big Bend is the only unspoiled coast left in Florida. Let's hope it never catches on to tourists in any big way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum