Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chemo's face....

+8
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
Nekochan
boards of FL
Markle
Sal
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:15 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Mr Ichi wrote:So, Mr Oats, you are saying that we should not even speak of the dangers of chemo and using alternate treatments less we lead some unsuspecting person to their death?  If we have a conviction and would like to discuss it then this should not be allowed.   To do would be "Sick" and reek of witchcraft and Voodoo...
Exactly!  Teo has a right to express his opinions and he shouldn't be called sick just because you think he's dead wrong on things.

27Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:19 pm

2seaoat

A truly sick person is one who would intentionally do harm

I strongly disagree. A person is judged by their actions and words. When a forum member was in need, the first person to aid that person was T. Those actions should be complimented and praised. However, when he posts hateful material, or he posts harmful material where people who are facing life changing choices are bombarded with anti intellectual and anti science nonsense, it is not by accident. It is a conscious choice. It has ramifications on people who read these threads and it spreads intentionally misinformation which hurts people who may be facing very difficult choices.

It also involves a threshold of integrity and honesty. If this thread was about the very difficult road a breast cancer patient faced and some of the problems with chemo, I would have given him a pass, but this thread was about an intentional lie. I am watching a dear fellow employee die...the radiation and chemo are devastating and my tears and those in our building are uncontrollable. She worried about me for the last two years, and now we are discussing these horrible choices.....and PAINFUL choices she must make. Her husband eyes are so deeply painful when we discussed her treatment, and to think this evil nonsense just gets broadcast into a world without consequences is wrong. When we post things on these forums, or repeat things in real life there are consequences. We have choices to do good or evil. This thread was sick from the git go.

28Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:23 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:A truly sick person is one who would intentionally do harm

I strongly disagree.  A person is judged by their actions and words.  When a forum member was in need, the first person to aid that person was T.  Those actions should be complimented and praised.  However, when he posts hateful material, or he posts harmful material where people who are facing life changing choices are bombarded with anti intellectual and anti science nonsense, it is not by accident.  It is a conscious choice.  It has ramifications on people who read these threads and it spreads intentionally misinformation which hurts people who may be facing very difficult choices.  

It also involves a threshold of integrity and honesty.  If this thread was about the very difficult road a breast cancer patient faced and some of the problems with chemo, I would have given him a pass, but this thread was about an intentional lie.   I am watching a dear fellow employee die...the radiation and chemo are devastating and my tears and those in our building are uncontrollable.  She worried about me for the last two years, and now we are discussing these horrible choices.....and PAINFUL choices she must make.  Her husband eyes are so deeply painful when we discussed her treatment, and to think this evil nonsense just gets broadcast into a world without consequences is wrong.  When we post things on these forums, or repeat things in real life there are consequences.  We have choices to do good or evil.  This thread was sick from the git go.
He has as much right to express his opinions on here about medicine, illness, treatments...as you do or I do or anyone does.  If he were actually practicing medicine and hurting people, it'd be a different story.

Last edited by Nekochan on 10/25/2013, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

29Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:23 pm

It may have served its purpose. It made you think......

30Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:24 pm

Mr Ichi wrote:So, Mr Oats, you are saying that we should not even speak of the dangers of chemo and using alternate treatments less we lead some unsuspecting person to their death?  If we have a conviction and would like to discuss it then this should not be allowed.   To do would be "Sick" and reek of witchcraft and Voodoo...
Correct. If anyone had expertise in the area it would be one thing but sadly they should not influence the feeble minded on here.

31Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:27 pm

Sal

Sal

I think Teo was shaped by what he perceived to be his own personal betrayal by the military and/or government.

That sense of betrayal has translated into distrust of authority of any kind.

I like Teo and think he's very intelligent, but he's obviously paranoid and somewhat delusional.

It must be exhausting to have that many bogeymen stalking you.

32Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:29 pm

2seaoat

It may have served its purpose. It made you think......

It served no purpose but its intended purpose to suggest that science and intellectual approaches to disease are quackery and that chemo killed this woman. You make excuses. Yes, everybody has a right to an opinion on these forms. If BP wanted to post that diddling children was good for children and I called him sick, I am sure people would say that BP should have the right to post his sick crap on this forum.......but I and other good people can identify it for what it was......sick.

33Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:32 pm

2seaoat

I like Teo and think he's very intelligent, but he's obviously paranoid and somewhat delusional.

We all love T......but there are serious issues.

34Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:34 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:I just object to the term sick being used in reference to Teo.  Call him eccentric, weird or even crazy.   But the term sick makes me think of someone who does truly evil things.
How about Don Quixote'ish?

Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRghxu_Vf2HFVxEzjsrwUiJbab__LlAlyZJw1hqYXVdzBz08e0S

35Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:36 pm

Sal wrote:I think Teo was shaped by what he perceived to be his own personal betrayal by the military and/or government.

That sense of betrayal has translated into distrust of authority of any kind.

LOL! It is the religion that twists the mind and makes people delusional.

36Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:39 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:People need both sides.

No people do not need both sides when the choice is ignorance or science.  The probabilities in Cancer treatment have allowed many types of cancer which were terminal to be rendered into chronic conditions or outright cured.  However, science can not overcome currently some very virulent and strong strains of cancer.   To suggest that a patient must listen to idiotic ignorance as a choice, or the other side assumes that the science is bad and must be countered.   The science is not bad.  The probabilities are often very grim for some, and the choice not to do chemo is certainly an option after having everything from a scientific probability explained to a patient who gives their consent to the course of treatment.   This anti intellectual strain which is so pronounced today and has almost risen to a cult like political status exploits people's fears and is exactly why folks like kevin Tradeau are sitting in a jail cell.
What I'm detecting here is an all-or-nothing approach. The idea is to combine therapies, checking for contraindications with whatever medications you're on. M D Anderson Hospital in Houston ran clinical trials on turmeric (curcumin) in the treatment of cancer. It is being used as an adjunct to traditional chemo and radiation. Marijuana was certified by the American College of Physicians in the treatment of certain conditions, including safer pain management, and of course glaucoma. Dr. Sanjay Gupta recently changed his former position on marijuana after witnessing its effectiveness as a treatment for seizures in children. There's another substance in the plant besides THC that controls seizures, and the plants can be engineered to produce more of this substance.

I try to use as many nutrition-based remedies as possible and some of the old home remedies like my grandparents used. Yes, there are snake-oil salesmen...some of them are even in the medical profession...let's be real. But there's really no reason to avoid home remedies...just make sure you clear it with your doctor. Many health professionals are surprisingly open-minded about these alternative therapies...much more than you would think.

I recommend also that everyone watch the FRONTLINE Bob posted. It's excellent.

37Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:43 pm

What I'm detecting here is an all-or-nothing approach. The idea is to combine therapies, checking for contraindications with whatever medications you're on. M D Anderson Hospital in Houston ran clinical trials on turmeric (curcumin) in the treatment of cancer. It is being used as an adjunct to traditional chemo and radiation. Marijuana was certified by the American College of Physicians in the treatment of certain conditions, including safer pain management, and of course glaucoma. Dr. Sanjay Gupta recently changed his former position on marijuana after witnessing its effectiveness as a treatment for seizures in children. There's another substance in the plant besides THC that controls seizures, and the plants can be engineered to produce more of this substance.

I try to use as many nutrition-based remedies as possible and some of the old home remedies like my grandparents used. Yes, there are snake-oil salesmen...some of them are even in the medical profession...let's be real. But there's really no reason to avoid home remedies...just make sure you clear it with your doctor. Many health professionals are surprisingly open-minded about these alternative therapies...much more than you would think.

I recommend also that everyone watch the FRONTLINE Bob posted. It's excellent.

Well said Thanks cheers 

38Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:48 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:It may have served its purpose. It made you think......

It served no purpose but its intended purpose to suggest that science and intellectual approaches to disease are quackery and that chemo killed this woman.   You make excuses.  Yes, everybody has a right to an opinion on these forms.   If BP wanted to post that diddling children was good for children and I called him sick, I am sure people would say that BP should have the right to post his sick crap on this forum.......but I and other good people can identify it for what it was......sick.
Well, geez...you and your good self just go right ahead and compare Teo to a real sicko who hurts children.

39Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:52 pm

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Well, geez...you and your good self just go right ahead and compare Teo to a real sicko who hurts children.
Well geez ... you and your good self just go right ahead and stigmatize all people suffering from a mental illness by comparing them to murderers and pedophiles.

40Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:53 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I just object to the term sick being used in reference to Teo.  Call him eccentric, weird or even crazy.   But the term sick makes me think of someone who does truly evil things.

Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRghxu_Vf2HFVxEzjsrwUiJbab__LlAlyZJw1hqYXVdzBz08e0S
Well, I don't think Don Quixote was a child molester....so sure, why not?

41Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 2:55 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Well, geez...you and your good self just go right ahead and compare Teo to a real sicko who hurts children.
Well geez ... you and your good self just go right ahead and stigmatize all people suffering from a mental illness by comparing them to murderers and pedophiles.
Just call everyone with any issues or out of the ordinary ideas "sick", that settles everything.

42Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 3:01 pm

Most people are afraid of dying... no matter what they say.

43Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 3:03 pm

I am prejudiced about certain aspects of Medicine. I admit it. I lost a damn good wife and friend from Gastric By Pass surgery. Something that GBB like to remind me of. Is the same as the cure for Cancer? Maybe not. But the fact remains that many people die from the mistakes of doctors and hospitals. To put absolute trust in Medicine with out question, is in opinion stupid. I rail at every chance I get about the dangers of By Pass surgery. Yard sales, Church, Forums, any place I can. Very seldom do I find my views and insight in print or on line. Am I wrong to have such a stance? Not a chance in hell. I will continue to ask people to question not only their motives for treatment but those of the Doctors and Hospitals.

44Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 3:28 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:Most people are afraid of dying... no matter what they say.
I'm scared shitless of it. But it's not the dying part. I have no problem with the dying if it's in my sleep. It's the possibility of all the suffering and loss of quality of life leading up to the dying that scares me.
That's why it pisses me off that Dr. Kevorkian was shouted down and put in jail just for being a humanitarian.

45Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 3:31 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

I recommend also that everyone watch the FRONTLINE Bob posted.  It's excellent.

Sure glad you watched it,  neko.  It was produced in 2008.  Here it is for anyone who wants to see it...

http://video.pbs.org/video/1050712790/

Of course it is commie muslim liberal mainstream media propaganda.

46Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 3:46 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.viralnova.com/wifes-cancer/

Man photographs wife's descent from health to death with breast cancer.

Now ask yourself, Does it look like the cancer killed her, or the chemo?
I had a real close friend that died of breast cancer also. She talked to her husband and grown kids about the chemo and radiation. After lengthy discussions with them, they chose to forgo any medical treatment whatsoever. Teo, I can state without a doubt that my friend looked much much worse than this lady. So with this in mind, your question still goes unanswered. Did the chemo kill her, possibly, but in the case of my friend there is not doubt that it was the cancer.

47Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 3:55 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Nekochan wrote:Teo has his reasons not to trust modern medicine.  I don't agree with him on this (or a lot of things!) but I don't think he's sick.
I will defend Teo like I have defended others on this forum. He's a good guy!

He's not right on everything, but who generally is? We forget that we post opinions here, backed by other information.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

48Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 3:57 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:

I liked his Klatu avatar best.....

49Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 4:04 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Most people are afraid of dying... no matter what they say.
I'm scared shitless of it.  But it's not the dying part.  I have no problem with the dying if it's in my sleep.  It's the possibility of all the suffering and loss of quality of life leading up to the dying that scares me.
That's why it pisses me off that Dr. Kevorkian was shouted down and put in jail just for being a humanitarian.
I think Jack Kevorkian was a forward thinker.

50Chemo's face.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Chemo's face.... 10/25/2013, 4:07 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

2seaoat wrote:It may have served its purpose. It made you think......

It served no purpose but its intended purpose to suggest that science and intellectual approaches to disease are quackery and that chemo killed this woman.   You make excuses.  Yes, everybody has a right to an opinion on these forms.   If BP wanted to post that diddling children was good for children and I called him sick, I am sure people would say that BP should have the right to post his sick crap on this forum.......but I and other good people can identify it for what it was......sick.
Seaoat, with all due respect,  Teo never stated that chemo killed the women. He ask what we thought killed her. It was just a thought provoking question. I realize that he is not a fan of modern medicine, but that is his choice and the opinions that he states here are by his own choice just as your are of your own free will. If a person is gullible enough to be swayed by someone's opinion then they should get what they deserve. However, Teo's opinion of chemo does not make him a sick person.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum