Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do old farts have to use checks in the grocery line? Somebody needs to tell them this is 2013.

+8
2seaoat
Wordslinger
VectorMan
Markle
Joanimaroni
Jake92
Ghost Rider
ZVUGKTUBM
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

It is very annoying when someone waits until their groceries are rung up and then pulls out a checkbook and laboriously starts writing a check. I wanted to tell the woman to get a damn debit card today at Publix and get in this century! Same w/ people who can't type and want to fill out a job application which is online.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I dunno, Dreams. We were glad when my FIL lost his debit card, because he was wasting my inlaws' money on booze and lottery tickets and spending money that was needed for bills. We never encouraged him to replace it, and besides, his dementia was getting so bad he was unable to use it.

Now my MIL controls one debit, card in her name, for things they need. Alas, however, My wife's 47 yo brother has been hitting on his mommy for money like a titty-baby, and she believes every cocamamie story he tells her. So, where FIL would drink and gamble their money away, she wants to give it away to her POS son, who has wrecked two marriages, fathered 6 children, never supported any of them, and spent more time in jail/prison than out of it during the last 5 years or so.

All we want to do is make sure they keep a roof over their heads.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Some old people do not like new technology. It took us not months but years to get my dad to even use a checking account. Unilt that time, he paid case for everything he bought. As for debit card.credit cards, nobody would have ever got him to carry one around with him. Even as reluctant as he was for the checking account, I bet I can count on both hands the number of times he wrote checks, he still preferred cash.

But now to address your post. Are you or us collectively in such a hurry that we get annoyed or frustrated waiting in line for someone? I do not worry or get annoyed about having to wait.

Jake92

In the meantime, I bet he's not paying child support which is costing YOU, me and the rest of us money while he should be paying the bills himself.... HE should be in jail or paying the child support and everything else he owes..

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Jake92 wrote:In the meantime, I bet he's not paying child support which is costing YOU, me and the rest of us money while he should be paying the bills himself....  HE should be in jail or paying the child support and everything else he owes..
To whom are you addressing this? I have not seen any mention on this thread regarding anyone paying child support except for the speculation on your part

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost Rider wrote:
Jake92 wrote:In the meantime, I bet he's not paying child support which is costing YOU, me and the rest of us money while he should be paying the bills himself....  HE should be in jail or paying the child support and everything else he owes..
To whom are you addressing this? I have not seen any mention on this thread regarding anyone paying child support except for the speculation on your part

Z man's post. He said, "POS son, who has wrecked two marriages, fathered 6 children, never supported any of them, and spent more time in jail/prison than out of it during the last 5 years or so."

Dreams you are one of the oldest Farts here lol

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Dreams you are one of the oldest Farts here lol
Shows what you know? LOL!

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Z man's post. He said, "POS son, who has wrecked two marriages, fathered 6 children, never supported any of them, and spent more time in jail/prison than out of it during the last 5 years or so."
Sorry, I missed that. My apologies.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

You re a nice man.....no apology necessary.

Jake92

TY Joani.. You beat me to it..

Jake92

OOPS, I agree with Dreams about the people that wait until everything is rung up to open their purse to get the dang check book out.. At least they clould write the check when the cashier is ringing up the dang groceries..

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Well Joani and Jake, if I miss or misread something that seems to make it appear as if I am coming on too strong, then I feel as I owe apologies, but thank you both for your graciousness anyway.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Jake92 wrote:OOPS, I agree with Dreams about the people that wait until everything is rung up to open their purse to get the dang check book out..  At least they clould write the check when the cashier is ringing up the dang groceries..
Nope....old people have to watch the cashier and make sure they ring up the items correctly.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:It is very annoying when someone waits until their groceries are rung up and then pulls out a checkbook and laboriously starts writing a check. I wanted to tell the woman to get a damn debit card today at Publix and get in this century! Same w/ people who can't type and want to fill out a job application which is online.
The difference between cultures.  Progressives here denigrate and ridicule the elderly and other cultures honor them.

Careful Dreamsglore, you'll be one of them one day sooner than you think.  Of course, by that time President Barack Hussein Obama's death panels may have kicked in.

Is what you were in such a hurry to do so important you couldn't show some common courtesy?

You're the type driver I love watching weaving, dodging and acting as though driving was a competitive sport trying to get ahead.  When I pull up even with them at the next light I like to wave at them.

Last edited by Markle on 10/20/2013, 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jake92

NO need for an apology Ghost.. The post started about writing a check in the store and got distracted to another subject..

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:It is very annoying when someone waits until their groceries are rung up and then pulls out a checkbook and laboriously starts writing a check. I wanted to tell the woman to get a damn debit card today at Publix and get in this century! Same w/ people who can't type and want to fill out a job application which is online.
The difference between cultures.  Progressives here denigrate and ridicule the elderly and other cultures honor them.

Careful Dreamsglore, you'll be one of them one day sooner than you think.  Of course, by that time President Barack Hussein Obama's death panels may have kicked in.

Is what you were in such a hurry to do so important you couldn't show some common courtesy?

You're the type driver I love watching weaving, dodging and acting as though driving was a competitive sport trying to get ahead.  When I pull up even with them at the next light I like to wave at them.
You have no clue what type of driver I am, Markle and I wouldn't dream of holding up a line by dragging out a checkbook at the last minute just because I'm stuck in the old ways. My mother is 84 and hasn't used a checkbook in 20 yrs. and even has a facebook page so being old is for old farts.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I keep telling my daughter I would not want to return to the days before computers, the Internet, and technology. I wish I could get in a time machine and go back to tell my family what they could look forward to.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I keep telling my daughter I would not want to return to the days before computers, the Internet, and technology. I wish I could get in a time machine and go back to tell my family what they could look forward to.
I know right? I have people come into my office and say they can't type and never use a computer. I am amazed. I can't imagine it.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

People are in just too big of a hurry these days. They need to stop and smell the roses. Stop getting aggravated and annoyed by every little grievance that comes your way. If I have to stand in line for a few additional minutes, then so be it. You as the shopper made the choice as to which check-out to go to, if something in that annoys your ass, move to another line. Too much aggravation will lead to conditions in your body that are not healthy.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost Rider wrote:People are in just too big of a hurry these days. They need to stop and smell the roses. Stop getting aggravated and annoyed by every little grievance that comes your way. If I have to stand in line for a few additional minutes, then so be it. You as the shopper made the choice as to which check-out to go to, if something in that annoys your ass, move to another line. Too much aggravation will lead to conditions in your body that are not healthy.
cheers 

Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:People are in just too big of a hurry these days. They need to stop and smell the roses. Stop getting aggravated and annoyed by every little grievance that comes your way. If I have to stand in line for a few additional minutes, then so be it. You as the shopper made the choice as to which check-out to go to, if something in that annoys your ass, move to another line. Too much aggravation will lead to conditions in your body that are not healthy.
cheers 
cheers  I'll second that cheers 

Jake92

cheers cheers cheers 

VectorMan

VectorMan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I keep telling my daughter I would not want to return to the days before computers, the Internet, and technology. I wish I could get in a time machine and go back to tell my family what they could look forward to.
I'd tell them to buy MicroSoft and Apple stock. To name a couple.

I haven't used checks in YEARS! I did see someone at WalMart hand a cashier a blank check and the cash register electronically wrote out the check.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Now I know that using a checkbook drives you young technology fans crazy, I'll get rid of my debit card!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum