Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

California Bans Plastic Grocery Bags

+2
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/30/news/california-plastic-bag-ban/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

The ban in California was welcomed by grocery store owners in the state, who spend millions of dollars a year on plastic bags.

State authorities also praised the move, which should reduce the amount of money sanitation departments spend to clean up litter.

My wife only uses reusable cloth grocery bags now. She finds them more convenient than plastic bags or paper ones, which tend to accumulate. We keep a stash of bags in the car so if an impulse shopping trip arises, we have bags for the stuff we buy.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/30/news/california-plastic-bag-ban/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

The ban in California was welcomed by grocery store owners in the state, who spend millions of dollars a year on plastic bags.

State authorities also praised the move, which should reduce the amount of money sanitation departments spend to clean up litter.

My wife only uses reusable cloth grocery bags now. She finds them more convenient than plastic bags or paper ones, which tend to accumulate. We keep a stash of bags in the car so if an impulse shopping trip arises, we have bags for the stuff we buy.

What do you line your small household trash cans with?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm torn on this probably more than any other issue.

I save and use the bags for damn near everything.  
But I know full well they're terrible for our environment.  
So I guess it's a no-brainer because I can do without the bags
easier than I can do without the environment.  lol

BUT,  even though that's a no brainer,  I still load up on the bags
cause I'm a hypocrite of the worst kind.  lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:I'm torn on this probably more than any other issue.

You can give your extra ( not your stock piles) to Walmart. I just can not do without the bags. If stores go back to paper bags, I 'll have something to line my cans with. Just like in the old days.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

We do purchase garbage bags to line cans with.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:

You can give your extra ( not your stock piles) to Walmart. I just can not do without the bags. If stores go back to paper bags, I 'll have something to line my cans with. Just like in the old days.
Before the advent of plastic trash can liners, my parents would line the kitchen garbage can with newspapers. There was an art to the way my Dad did it, and I could never do it like he could. We did it this way into the 1960s.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Before the advent of plastic trash can liners, my parents would line the kitchen garbage can with newspapers. There was an art to the way my Dad did it, and I could never do it like he could. We did it this way into the 1960s.

We used brown paper bags....

Sal

Sal

We used to clean up after the dogs in the backyard using plastic bags.

Then it occurred to me that I was sending dog poop to the landfill in packages that wouldn't biodegrade for 500 years.

That didn't seem right, so now I just walk them and let them poop in other people's yards.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:We used to clean up after the dogs in the backyard using plastic bags.

Then it occurred to me that I was sending dog poop to the landfill in packages that wouldn't biodegrade for 500 years.

That didn't seem right, so now I just walk them and let them poop in other people's yards.

Good job!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sal wrote:We used to clean up after the dogs in the backyard using plastic bags.

That's the spirit... Rolling Eyes

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:

Give up lining the damn things. Just let your hubby hose them out every Saturday morning ...

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:

That's the spirit... Rolling Eyes

That is what the shovel is for. When my neighbor's dog left a load in our front yard, my wife would shovel it up and toss the load over on their lawn.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum