Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who missed the government during the 17 day shutdown?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Most experts say that at most, 15% of the government actually shut down. Many of which were more expensive to close than leave open. All the closed monuments and parks are an example of the vindictiveness of President Barack Hussein Obama.

Who missed anything? This simply proves we could easily cut our budget by 15%, shifting those remaining funds around in order cover the essentials.

Why do we have leadership who demands no ceiling on debt and is willing to put debt and taxes on future taxpayers which will destroy our country?

No reasonable person expected anything else than the boondoggle rollout of ObamaCare and the sticker shock accompanying that rollout. Remember how President Obama PROMISED that ObamaCare would bring $2,500 in savings to all families? We told you so.

Ummm... apparently it's more expensive to cut govt than to let it run wild.

Repeat after me: LESS IS MORE..!!

very good.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It wasn't the closing of the parks which gave the blowback to the shutdown.

It was the hundreds of thousands of lost paychecks.
But it didn't stop with those paychecks.  It meant cash registers of all kinds stopped ringing and over time those silent cash registers would create loss of revenue for businesses and that would cascade into even more lost paychecks.

Federal spending is now propping up so much of the economy that it's become impossible to deal with because to deal with it now requires way to much sacrifice.
That's why you see such loud voices demonizing those who instigated the whole thing.  

Here's an analogy.  It would be like when the Chicago fire started.  The demons in the house of representatives would be like firefighters wanting to use explosives to blow up a block of buildings in order to stop the fire from spreading even further.  And the loud voices would be the status quo saying "that's insane to blow up a whole block of downtown Chicago because all those businesses and jobs will be blown up with it".

But the analogy ends there because the difference is,  blowing up a block of downtown Chicago to create a fire line would actually stop the fire.
But the federal spending "fire" is maybe now so big that there is no "fire line" to stop it.  That "fire" is so big and out of control now that the meager attempts proposed to stop it would be like pissing on the Chicago fire and thinking that can put it out.

Of course the democrat politicians and media pundits keep maintaining that spending way beyond the means of the country is no big deal and it can continue indefinitely.  Which ignores the pure logic of everything we have ever learned about fiscal responsibility.  

And six weeks from now the debt ceiling will be discarded again and the spending will continue.  It's now just plain unstoppable.
The only thing that remains to be seen is how long that bubble can stay inflated before it inevitably bursts.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah Bob I am ordering more eFood..stuff tastes great is easy to fix and lasts 25 years...I ate some tonight..yummy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think I've told you about my survivalist friend who has the underground bunker at his place in the Georgia mountains. He has it stocked with so much different stuff that it boggles my mind (I've been in there and seen it).
One thing is the canned bacon. He gave me a can and it aint like no bacon that comes from Winn Dixie. It's about 50% salt and 50% bacon. lol
But to balance that out he's got a whole shelf of Wild Turkey in there too. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The thing that's really confusing is our own Congressman's no vote.

On the one hand, his district has as many of those civilian employees getting federal paychecks as any district. And his district's private economy is propped up by those federal paychecks as much as any district.
So you would think all those constituents would have pressured him to turn the federal money spigot back on again.

But he voted no anyway.
That tells me two things.
One, his constituency is schizophrenic. They want those paychecks. But they want to adhere to the tea party politics at the same time.
And two, A congressman from our district who's gained seniority on the appropriations committees can vote any way he wants to and keep his office.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum