Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do any of ya'll have work meetings where you pray first and sing "God Bless America?

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Just curious. Is that normal?

Nekochan

Nekochan

In a religious organization it would not be out of the ordinary.

Dreamsglore wrote:Just curious. Is that normal?
lol... no. That must be for a chick fila biz.

dreams is moving onto the next liberal agenda. remove god from any place it is seen.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Not work but certain non- religious organizations open with a prayer and the Pledge.

It's a non profit so they can't be tax exempt. Usually you have to do the pledge of allegiance but today it was "God Bless America". I didn't remember all the words.LOL!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:Not work but certain non- religious organizations open with a prayer and the Pledge.
Kind of like Congress...especially the "not work" part.Razz 
Not sure if they do the pledge though.

Chrissy wrote:dreams is moving onto the next liberal agenda. remove god from any place it is seen.

I hope so. It's all phoney baloney.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:It's a non profit so they can't be tax exempt. Usually you have to do the pledge of allegiance but today it was "God Bless America". I didn't remember all the words.LOL!
This was at your office?
LOL, Dreams...what did you do?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:dreams is moving onto the next liberal agenda. remove god from any place it is seen.

I hope so. It's all phoney baloney.
Oh come on now...you really don't want to take a private organization's rights away?

I felt like I was in Catholic School again.

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:It's a non profit so they can't be tax exempt. Usually you have to do the pledge of allegiance but today it was "God Bless America". I didn't remember all the words.LOL!
This was at your office?
LOL, Dreams...what did you do?

Last edited by Dreamsglore on 10/16/2013, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreams...do they know how you feel about this?  They are probably praying for you!  What would you think of that?

dreams you need to leave this job too.

There is nothing worse than having to say "God Bless America" Rolling Eyes 

oh the stress, the stress.....

Nekochan wrote:Dreams...do they know how you feel about this?  They are probably praying for you!  What would you think of that?

Last edited by Dreamsglore on 10/16/2013, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Dreams...do they know how you feel about this?  They are probably praying for you!  What would you think of that?
No they don't know. I would be labeled a satan worshipper. I just go along w/ it. What's even worse they handed out employee survey results showing how the employees feel about the programs and management they're under and the lowest scoring manager was up there getting an award. I kept looking at the survey results and thought how did that happen?
oh that does it. cant stay working for them. They should have known you were the best and should have gotten that award. and damn them for mentioning God on top of your obvious overlooked self.

[quote="Chrissy"][quote="Dreamsglore"]

Last edited by Dreamsglore on 10/16/2013, 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
No they don't know. I would be labeled a satan worshipper. I just go along w/ it. What's even worse they handed out employee survey results showing how the employees feel about the programs and management they're under and the lowest scoring manager was up there getting an award. I kept looking at the survey results and thought how did that happen?
oh that does it. cant stay working for them. They should have known you were the best and should have gotten that award. and damn them for mentioning God on top of your obvious overlooked self.
I have already gotten it. They can mention God all they want at home. I've had enough of God in my childhood. I've got tons of guilt that I'll never absolve before I die.
You go tell em girl...... Tee HEE

Are ya gonna be a snitch? It ruined JoAnn Simpson's tenure on the SRCSB. She got run out of SRC on rails.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Here you go Dreams....you have 3 months to learn it.

"God Bless America"

While the storm clouds gather
Far across the sea
Let us swear allegiance
To a land that's free
Let us all be grateful
For a land so fair
Let us raise our voices
In a solemn prayer

God bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her,
Through the night with the light from above.

From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam,
God bless America,
My home sweet home.
God bless America,
My home sweet home.

God bless America,
My home sweet home.

God bless America,
My home sweet home.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Are ya gonna be a snitch? It ruined JoAnn Simpson's tenure on the SRCSB. She got run out of SRC on rails.
Joann Simpson resigned from the school board. She was harassed and denigrated by the good christian people of SRC for standing up to the law regarding religion in school.

Joanimaroni wrote:

Here you go Dreams....you have 3 months to learn it.

"God Bless America"

While the storm clouds gather
Far across the sea
Let us swear allegiance
To a land that's free
Let us all be grateful
For a land so fair
Let us raise our voices
In a solemn prayer

God bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her,
Through the night with the light from above.

God bless America,
My home sweet home.
God bless America,
My home sweet home.

God bless America,
My home sweet home.

God bless America,
My home sweet home.

Thanks Joanie. I'll start memorizing it but they'll probably do the pledge.

Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Joann Simpson resigned from the school board. She was harassed and denigrated by the good christian people of SRC for standing up to the law regarding religion in school.
Resign my ass...there were so many people after her seat she REFUSED TO RUN for reelection. About a dozen people were after he job and they all got together except for two and decided that the person with the best chance would take her on....she saw the handwriting on the wall. A former principal from GB got the job, but hell Richard Nixon could have gotten elected over the snitch easily. Her setup job on Lay and Freeman failed miserably.

I'm not sure why you lie about facts that are common knowledge. Freeman and Lay got hauled into federal court for disobeying the order so she didn't fail at all.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

It would not surprise me to hear that many faculty meetings in Mobile begin with a prayer. I once had a principal who was very religious and she sprinkled her comments with "Praise the Lord" etc. It was sometimes difficult to know if I was at a revival or a school meeting, LOL. She would ask for prayers for different things etc. She was great though and no one seemed to mind. That's who she was. It didn't bother me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum