Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

10 best countries for Medical Tourism...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.businesspundit.com/10-best-countries-for-healthcare-tourism/

In the last decade, medical tourism has hit the tipping point as a viable alternative to overpriced domestic procedures. Why buy a $3,000 dental crown treatment in the United States when you can get the same thing–plus a flight, hotel, and fun tourism opportunities–for less in Hungary?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

comment section...

I had an inguinal hernia, uninsured, and the cheapest doctors in the US wanted 10 grand to repair it. After extensive research, I had it done, with wire mesh, the highest quality repair- done by pro athletes, for $2200 in Bogota, Colombia. This was over a year ago.. The scar has nearly faded completely, Ive had no pain, no issues.. Hell- there wasnt even bleeding afterwards, and I was walking in 3 days.

America is broken. Greed has corrupted our medical system. I will never have surgery done in the states again, unless I have absolutely no choice to save my life.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have to agree with Thailand for sure. My brother had a complex total body exam......including all ancillary studies for $200.00. They found an extremely small bladder cancer..... and emailed the scan results to his doctor. Surgery was done in the US.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Nah, I think society in general is more corrupted by greed than the healthcare system. The Impette and I see it all the time with the TV ads. Shyster after shyster instigating lawsuit after lawsuit for some of the most frivolous things we've ever seen. Doctors, hospitals, and pharmaceuticals can't even blink without seeing a new lawsuit against them. It's the new "get rich quick" scam in America. It's disgusting.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ImpishScoundrel wrote:Nah, I think society in general is more corrupted by greed than the healthcare system.  The Impette and I see it all the time with the TV ads.  Shyster after shyster instigating lawsuit after lawsuit for some of the most frivolous things we've ever seen.  Doctors, hospitals, and pharmaceuticals can't even blink without seeing a new lawsuit against them.  It's the new "get rich quick" scam in America.  It's disgusting.
The lawsuits are not new but the class action suits are; they are making attorney's rich.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ImpishScoundrel wrote:Nah, I think society in general is more corrupted by greed than the healthcare system.  The Impette and I see it all the time with the TV ads.  Shyster after shyster instigating lawsuit after lawsuit for some of the most frivolous things we've ever seen.  Doctors, hospitals, and pharmaceuticals can't even blink without seeing a new lawsuit against them.  It's the new "get rich quick" scam in America.  It's disgusting.
You make a major point...like Willie Sutton said when asked why he robbed banks, that's where the the money is....

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Joanimaroni wrote:
The lawsuits are not new but the class action suits are; they are making attorney's rich.
No, the lawsuits aren't new, they're just becoming much more frequent. And, for a lot of issues we would never have sued for in the past.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum