Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did Everybody Eat @Chick-fil-a Today?

+3
no stress
Hospital Bob
Sal
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

As a result of this boycott/protest it looks like our area now has some new recruits to the Westboro Baptist Church.

Did Everybody Eat @Chick-fil-a Today? - Page 2 Bilde10

Yep that boycott/protest is so helpful.

Buttman wrote:As a result of this boycott/protest it looks like our area now has some new recruits to the Westboro Baptist Church.

That photo has been edited.

So when do we start boycotting businesses that openly support gay marriage?

Boycotts for the most part generally do not work. Normally that have the opposite affect from its intended purpose.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Boycotts for the most part generally do not work. Normally that have the opposite affect from its intended purpose.

The gay rights group that planned to display their typical hate and intolerance by protesting chick-fil-a must be pretty upset their plan backfired. Why are gay people so intolerant and full of hate for any one that disagrees with them?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

alecto wrote:
Buttman wrote:As a result of this boycott/protest it looks like our area now has some new recruits to the Westboro Baptist Church.

That photo has been edited.
How so? That would mean the PNJ is now putting fake photos on their front page.

http://www.pnj.com/

What's your evidence that it's edited?

VectorMan

VectorMan

Buttman wrote:Sal,

Do you really believe the protests of Chik-fil-a are going to do anything to help the cause of homosexuals?
It appears to me that all it's accomplished is to fan the flames of intolerance.

Yes you can try to make the case that protesting Chik-Fil-a is like protesting a segregationist restaurant in the 1960's.
But it's not really a good analogy because no attempt is being made by Cathy to bar homosexuals from visiting his restaurants.

All he did was state his belief based on his ideas of Christianity that a marriage should be between two people of the opposite sex. And as long as there is a huge presence in our society of conservative traditionalist Christianity, that opinion is going to be prominent. And conservative traditionalist Christianity is growing in our country, not lessening.

No amount of "gay advocacy" is ever going to counter that. Not when homosexuals are only 4% of the population. And when it tries all it leads to is more intolerance and more hatred.
You cannot force people to be more tolerant with protests.. That's just not how the world works. And when you try it does no good. Only makes things worse.

Another BRAVO

VectorMan

VectorMan

alecto wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Boycotts for the most part generally do not work. Normally that have the opposite affect from its intended purpose.

The gay rights group that planned to display their typical hate and intolerance by protesting chick-fil-a must be pretty upset their plan backfired. Why are gay people so intolerant and full of hate for any one that disagrees with them?

Good question. I don't get it.

Just because we like the same sex doesn't make us special in any sort of way. We're just people like everyone else, not deserving of any special treatment.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Buttman wrote:Remember Donald Skipper from the pnj forum. I rarely ever agreed with him about anything. But I have to say he makes a damn good point on the PNJ chik-fil-a comment blog today...

Funny how mayors ban Chik-Fil-A from their cities...yet allow Muslim eateries while knowing in Islam, homosexuality is not a "tsk tsk" thing, but a sentence of death. Guess freedom of religion only counts for non-Christians.

Anybody find fault with that opinion? You, Sal?

It sure makes you wonder.

I miss DSkipper.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Gunz wrote:"If you had a chick sammich, you didnt eat that! Somebody else ate that for you!

LOL

VectorMan

VectorMan

alecto wrote:So when do we start boycotting businesses that openly support gay marriage?

That's the other side of the coin that doesn't exist in a liberal's world.

There is some group (Million Moms or something) that has been promoting boycotting JC Penneys for hiring Ellen Degererus for some of their commercials. It'll probably be as successful as the boycotting of Chik-fil-a.

I was too busy today to get me a Chik-fil-a today, but I'll go back. It really is a good sandwich. I also like the carrot salad. Yum yum!

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote:
Just because we like the same sex doesn't make us special in any sort of way. We're just people like everyone else, not deserving of any special treatment.[/b]

WTF are you talking about. I mean seriously. Chick-fil-a has spent more than $5 million dollars in support of groups that would take rights away and battle against full equality for people of your sexual orientation. They spent $25,000 alone to fight a proposed Congressional resolution that would have condemned the Ugandan government's legislative efforts to make "homosexuality" an offense punishable by death. Get your head out of your ass.

no stress

no stress

salinsky wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
Just because we like the same sex doesn't make us special in any sort of way. We're just people like everyone else, not deserving of any special treatment.[/b]

WTF are you talking about. I mean seriously. Chick-fil-a has spent more than $5 million dollars in support of groups that would take rights away and battle against full equality for people of your sexual orientation. They spent $25,000 alone to fight a proposed Congressional resolution that would have condemned the Ugandan government's legislative efforts to make "homosexuality" an offense punishable by death. Get your head out of your ass.

Obama says marriage should be between a man and a woman. Where are your incessant threads beating him up for that?

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:
Obama says marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Not anymore. Sorry to have to break the news to ya, Van Winkle. Smile

Gunz wrote:

Obama says marriage should be between a man and a woman. Where are your incessant threads beating him up for that?

HA! Obama says that except for when he says the opposite.

PFFT!

VectorMan

VectorMan

salinsky wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Sorry, I don't agree with gay marriage. Civil unions I'm okay with.

I also don't agree with them spending money to support ANYONE being put to death for their sexual orientation. Can you prove that?

And again, being gay doesn't make anyone special.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

VectorMan wrote:

I also don't agree with them spending money to support ANYONE being put to death for their sexual orientation. Can you prove that?

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/chick-fil-a-profits-are-supporting-ugandas-kill-the-gays-bill/politics/2012/08/01/45430

Buttman wrote:

I was half right. Upon further examination the photo had not been edited(anything added or taken away). The photo had been re-sized. Sometime that can be mistaken for adding something in but until you zoom it in you can't see that. The original image was fairly large (10mp at least) and re-sized to a really small image that did have the compression ghosting around the guy in the suit and the sign. Depending on contrast, light source, light direction and colors involved sometimes it the compression of making it smaller causes the ghosting which resembles an edited photo. So I was half right.

Nekochan

Nekochan

salinsky wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

I knew that there was more to this story.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20006856-503544.html

VectorMan

VectorMan

salinsky wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Obama says marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Not anymore. Sorry to have to break the news to ya, Van Winkle. Smile

Do really think Obama truly believes it?

I don't. It was just a chance for him to pick up some voters. Not that they'll do him much good. I think it's time for another shellacking.

alecto wrote:
Buttman wrote:

I was half right. Upon further examination the photo had not been edited(anything added or taken away). The photo had been re-sized. Sometime that can be mistaken for adding something in but until you zoom it in you can't see that. The original image was fairly large (10mp at least) and re-sized to a really small image that did have the compression ghosting around the guy in the suit and the sign. Depending on contrast, light source, light direction and colors involved sometimes it the compression of making it smaller causes the ghosting which resembles an edited photo. So I was half right.

I use graphic programs that can compress JPGs a LOT. The only problem is that there are artifacts around every sharp edge on an image. And stupid people open and save a jpg a bunch of times and each time it seriously degrades the image. If I am going to edit an image, I'll make it a TIF or a BMP or some other non-lossy image file format.

The PNJ probably resized and compressed that 10MP image into a smaller image that was 100k or less.

Last edited by Yomama on 8/1/2012, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Actually the two dudes standing next to the clown in the cow costume are holding signs that read, "God loves everyone" and "Don't listen to Hate", so I think counter-protestors would more accurately describe them than "recruits".

48Did Everybody Eat @Chick-fil-a Today? - Page 2 Empty The guys with the signs 8/1/2012, 7:44 pm

Typical democrats gays are pictured on both sides of this scene. Chick filet ran them all off and they went off in the same car together. Looks are deceiving . Especially with Gay democrats. All they want to do is stir the pot.

no stress

no stress

"Not anymore. Sorry to have to break the news to ya, Van Winkle"

Placating this group this week....changing his mind for that group next week. Gotta love politics. Would this qualify him as a "flip flopper"?

no stress

no stress

That was then

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum