Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did Everybody Eat @Chick-fil-a Today?

+3
no stress
Hospital Bob
Sal
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sal

Sal

Did you remember that today is Mike Huckabee's Let's Eat a Fried Chicken Sammich Because We Hate Teh Gays Day? I understand that it was so successful that Chick-fil-a is releasing a statement saying they also hate black people.

Did Everybody Eat @Chick-fil-a Today? A-LINDSEY-GRAHAM-CHICK-FIL-A-640x468

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal,

Do you really believe the protests of Chik-fil-a are going to do anything to help the cause of homosexuals?
It appears to me that all it's accomplished is to fan the flames of intolerance.

Yes you can try to make the case that protesting Chik-Fil-a is like protesting a segregationist restaurant in the 1960's.
But it's not really a good analogy because no attempt is being made by Cathy to bar homosexuals from visiting his restaurants.

All he did was state his belief based on his ideas of Christianity that a marriage should be between two people of the opposite sex. And as long as there is a huge presence in our society of conservative traditionalist Christianity, that opinion is going to be prominent. And conservative traditionalist Christianity is growing in our country, not lessening.

No amount of "gay advocacy" is ever going to counter that. Not when homosexuals are only 4% of the population. And when it tries all it leads to is more intolerance and more hatred.
You cannot force people to be more tolerant with protests.. That's just not how the world works. And when you try it does no good. Only makes things worse.

Sal

Sal

Buttman wrote:Sal,

Do you really believe the protests of Chik-fil-a are going to do anything to help the cause of homosexuals?
It appears to me that all it's accomplished is to fan the flames of intolerance.

Nope, and I agree. I just find it hilarious that the fundiebots think that it makes sense to express their intolerance of gay people by eating fried chicken with Mike Huckabee. Onward christian soldiers ....

... to the insulin wards.

no stress

no stress

Not me. I've been online with a facebook friend of mine who recently graduated high school. he is openly gay and is very upset at the photos of people in cow outfits outside the chiks holding signs that read"God hates fags" (sorry rice) He is a fine young man and I hate that he is having to see all of that negative shit.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, to Gunz. Notice I didn't start this thread and I didn't bring homosexuality into my "apology" thread.
I'm not really inclined to start threads on this topic. But once those threads are started I am inclined to put my two cents in. That's because the topic is one that effects me personally and one which I have some expertise to discuss.

no stress

no stress

Gunz wrote:Not me. I've been online with a facebook friend of mine who recently graduated high school. he is openly gay and is very upset at the photos of people in cow outfits outside the chiks holding signs that read"God hates fags" (sorry rice) He is a fine young man and I hate that he is having to see all of that negative shit.

The Pensacola police are having to direct traffic on bayou because they have both places swamped

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

[quote="Gunz"]
Gunz wrote:

The Pensacola police are having to direct traffic on bayou because they have both places swamped
It just makes me hungry for a chik-fil-a but I'm not going to get in a long line for any fast food. May try to get one in the food court if I walk in the mall though.
But if I had to have lunch with Mike Huckabee or Lindsay Graham I don't think I would have much appetite for anything.

Sal

Sal

We cannot out-eat the right-wingers. They can withstand levels of sodium and saturated fat that is beyond our understanding.

no stress

no stress

Bob, the CEO of Chik is laughing all the way to the bank thanks to the public outcry and free advertising. I told my friend that the opinion of the CEO does not have to reflect the opinions of the thousands of owners and employees at Chik. Thats why I did not agree with the boycott proposed by certain groups.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Gunz wrote:Bob, the CEO of Chik is laughing all the way to the bank thanks to the public outcry and free advertising.
Yes and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if other entrepreneurs see this happening and then get the notion to cash in on the anti-queer sentiment too. lol

no stress

no stress

[quote="Buttman"]
Gunz wrote:Bob, the CEO of Chik is laughing all the way to the bank thanks to the public outcry and free advertising.
Yes and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if other entrepreneurs see this happening and then get the notion to cash in on the anti-queer sentiment too. lol

Heres what you wont see. The owners of OPEC put homosexuals to death....how many do you see boycotting the gas pumps.

Sal

Sal

Buttman wrote:

I dunno. While I agree with the any publicity is good publicity aspect to this, I think that the large numbers of people eating at Chick-fil-a today will be balanced out somewhat by the people who will never eat at Chick-fil-a again FOREVER.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm remembering Will's (bds of florida) post the other day to another thread about this.

Will said he worked at chik and when he applied for the job they asked him questions about his religion. And then he made up stuff so they would hear what they wanted to hear. And then after that got him the job he kept getting into discussions with his fellow employees about "the existence of god".

Will if you're reading this I'm curious about something. Do you believe that if you had told them you were an atheist in the job interview that would have excluded you from employment at chik?
And once you got the job and questioned religion in discussions with the other employees, did none of them ever rat you out and cause you a problem with the management?

The reason I ask this is because of Gunz pointing out that maybe the managers of the local outlets aren't as serious about Cathy's religious ideas as he is.

no stress

no stress

Bob, I personally know the owners of the chik thats in the food court. They are not fanatics by any stretch

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ButtMan wrote: I doubt seriously there's a chic-fil-a in Frisco.

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/Browse/CA

Well that shows you how much I know. I stand corrected.

Last edited by Buttman on 8/1/2012, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

no stress

no stress

All this talk about chik has got me wantin a large peach milkshake with 4 cherrys.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Gunz wrote:All this talk about chik has got me wantin a large peach milkshake with 4 cherrys.
I'm an iced tea fanatic. And that chik-fil-a iced tea is as good as any restaurant tea I buy.
I like the lemonade too but it gives me heartburn.

Sal

Sal

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Remember Donald Skipper from the pnj forum. I rarely ever agreed with him about anything. But I have to say he makes a damn good point on the PNJ chik-fil-a comment blog today...

Funny how mayors ban Chik-Fil-A from their cities...yet allow Muslim eateries while knowing in Islam, homosexuality is not a "tsk tsk" thing, but a sentence of death. Guess freedom of religion only counts for non-Christians.

Anybody find fault with that opinion? You, Sal?

no stress

no stress

Buttman wrote:Remember Donald Skipper from the pnj forum. I rarely ever agreed with him about anything. But I have to say he makes a damn good point on the PNJ chik-fil-a comment blog today...

Funny how mayors ban Chik-Fil-A from their cities...yet allow Muslim eateries while knowing in Islam, homosexuality is not a "tsk tsk" thing, but a sentence of death. Guess freedom of religion only counts for non-Christians.

Banning anything is wrong. We are supposedly a nation of laws. If a religious group/sect/cult wants to build somewhere and abide by our laws then they should have that right.

Didn't have a fried chicken sammich, but my wife did bring me a charbroiled chicken sammich from chik-fil-a.

no stress

no stress

"If you had a chick sammich, you didnt eat that! Somebody else ate that for you!

i remember when they were only inside malls. i worked for Ordon's @ Cordova.....i could get a cfila for a buck....i thought it was the best chicken sandwich i had ever had, hands down.

as for their policy and the stoopid boycott....? whatever. i don't like it that they aren't open on Sunday but that's just for selfish reasons. besides, if they really want to be correct, and observe the Sabbath, they would close @ 6pm Friday and reopen @ 6pm Saturday.

just sayin....Smile

Sal

Sal

Buttman wrote:Remember Donald Skipper from the pnj forum. I rarely ever agreed with him about anything. But I have to say he makes a damn good point on the PNJ chik-fil-a comment blog today...

I'm just having fun with the absurdity of it all, Bob. I think that what those mayors said about Chick-fil-a is silly. I do think that the owner is a despicable bigot, and if people want to boycott his restaurant for that reason, it's a free country. And, if people want to show how much they hate gays by eating fried chicken biscuits with Mike Huckabee today, that's O.K. too. But, I'm gonna LMAO at them while they do it.

Gunz wrote:Not me. I've been online with a facebook friend of mine who recently graduated high school. he is openly gay and is very upset at the photos of people in cow outfits outside the chiks holding signs that read"God hates fags" (sorry rice) He is a fine young man and I hate that he is having to see all of that negative shit.

No apology necessary... you needed to quote the hateful so-and-so's! Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum