Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

60 Minutes

+3
Sal
Jake92
A View
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

160 Minutes Empty 60 Minutes 10/8/2013, 8:40 pm

A View

Anyone see this last Sunday on 60 minutes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50156574n

If this link doesn't work, it is on cbsnews.com

Click on "Disability USA". What a scam, no wonder that this country is going broke!

260 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/8/2013, 8:43 pm

yes we had a thread about it. IM not ring to be a smart ass, just letting you know so you don't think people are ignoring you like I do LOL

360 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/8/2013, 9:11 pm

Jake92

I called social security to tell them about a neighbor on 100% disability who runs, climbs ladders to trim tree limbs, and has no problem working, but always grabs his 2 canes if a car is coming.. I was told "our job is to sign them up for disability, not take away the benefits. We don't have the time or people to investigate things like that."

460 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/9/2013, 9:52 am

Sal

Sal

Jake92 wrote:I called social security to tell them about a neighbor on 100% disability who runs, climbs ladders to trim tree limbs, and has no problem working, but always grabs his 2 canes if a car is coming..  
Narc.

Telstar likes this post

560 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/9/2013, 10:01 am

2seaoat

The problem is that fraud should be prosecuted, but the real story is that people with legitimate disability claims even before the shutdown wait years in some cases to be treated fairly. The system needs a real overhaul, but my biggest complaint is the delay in getting benefits to people who are legitimately unable to work.

Telstar likes this post

660 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/9/2013, 10:02 am

Jake92

OK OK, I won't call the police if I see someone breaking into your house so I won't be called a narc...

760 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/9/2013, 10:29 am

2seaoat

What if his disability is for mental illness like bipolar where he had an episode 15 years ago and beat a neighbor senseless, and now must be kept away from people because of paranoia that people are spying on him, and a deep seated desire to kill those people, and a house full of guns.

just saying.......disability is not always easily seen, and physical disability certainly should not allow a person to fake the same, but those files are secured and closed.

860 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/9/2013, 11:10 am

The govt will soon have complete access to healthcare records... and they already gather purchase data... even the food cards could give an idea as to a persons habits. Try to be patient everybody... there will be govt solutions to all problems soon.

960 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/9/2013, 11:16 am

[quote="Sal"]
Jake92 wrote:I called social security to tell them about a neighbor on 100% disability who runs, climbs ladders to trim tree limbs, and has no problem working, but always grabs his 2 canes if a car is coming..  
Narc.[/quote

lol

1060 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/9/2013, 11:21 am

Jake92

The neighbor was on disability for a bad back following a fall from a roof when he was a telephone installer for AT&T.. People with genuine bad backs do not climb trees, get on roofs, run, and THEN grab 2 canes when he sees a strange car coming.. He was great getting his limp going when he remembered to do it.. I saw him doing it for 3 years while I lived across the street from him..
I have NO problem when people get something they deserve, but a LOT of them don't deserve it and abuse the system..

A View likes this post

1160 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/9/2013, 11:26 am

Jake92

Pace, I suppose you LET your junior military abuse the system and not do the required PRT or other things when they have a sore finger, but never get the doctors excuse.....  YOU are one of the problems with this country......
You're another I won't call the police for if I see someone breaking into your house....

Last edited by Jake92 on 10/9/2013, 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

1260 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/9/2013, 11:26 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Jake92 wrote:The neighbor was on disability for a bad back following a fall from a roof when he was a telephone installer for AT&T..  People with genuine bad backs do not climb trees, get on roofs, run, and THEN grab 2 canes when he sees a strange car coming..  He was great getting his limp going when he remembered to do it..  I saw him doing it for 3 years while I lived across the street from him..
I have NO problem when people get something they deserve, but a LOT of them don't deserve it and abuse the system..

Many worker comp false claims of disability and ssdi are like hitting the lottery. I've seen entire families that managed to get on worker comp disability. It makes it difficult for the people that are really hurt.

1360 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/9/2013, 11:27 am

Sal

Sal

Jake92 wrote:I saw him doing it for 3 years while I lived across the street from him..
60 Minutes 64707

... and you probably wonder why you never get invited to the block parties.

lol

1460 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/9/2013, 11:15 pm

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Jake92 wrote:I saw him doing it for 3 years while I lived across the street from him..
60 Minutes 64707

... and you probably wonder why you never get invited to the block parties.

lol
So wasting billions of dollars through fraud is funny.

Little wonder we're going down the tubes.

1560 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/10/2013, 5:57 am

Jake92

I stopped commenting on it because of a few idiots that think everything is a joke.....

1660 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/10/2013, 6:40 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Jake92 wrote:I stopped commenting on it because of a few idiots that think everything is a joke.....
It's not a joke, it's a serious problem.

1760 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/10/2013, 7:10 am

Jake92

I agree Joani..

1860 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/10/2013, 11:20 am

Jake92

I see Sal and P Dog can't come back with any stupid comments that make any sense at all.. They deserve the higher bills and lower social security because of the illegal payments being made and the incompetent workers giving the payments and not investigating the fraud..

1960 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/10/2013, 11:38 am

Sal

Sal

Ooooh, look at the VERY serious people.

Lighten up, Francis.

Actually, disability fraud can be HILARIOUS.

When you have twenty minutes, watch this ...

http://www.wtsof.com/watch/S7E7-king-size-homer

... it is some of the finest comedy writing in the history of TV.

2060 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/10/2013, 11:39 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Jake92 wrote:I see Sal and P Dog can't come back with any stupid comments that make any sense at all..  They deserve the higher bills and lower social security because of the illegal payments being made and the incompetent workers giving the payments and not investigating the fraud..

If seen it first hand. Many are drawing comp or ssdi and are self employed and paid under the table. Double dipping on the taxpayers dime.

2160 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/10/2013, 11:43 am

Jake92

Of course Sal comes back with a stupid cartoon link.. I have better things to do than look at his childish BS.. I think adult conversations are beyond his intellegence level..

2260 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/10/2013, 11:56 am

Sal

Sal

Jake92 wrote: I have better things to do than look at his childish BS..
Too busy spying on your neighbors?

Laughing 

2360 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/10/2013, 12:07 pm

Jake92

YOU are the one accusing me of  spying.  For your infant brain, he would be doing it less than 100' from my front door and bragging that he was getting away with it..  Numerous times, I helped him out cutting firewood because he didn't have a chain saw and would use mine cutting branches away from his roof..  
Next infantile comment or joke!!!

2460 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/10/2013, 12:10 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Jake92 wrote:YOU are the one accusing me of  spying.  For your infant brain, he would be doing it less than 100' from my front door and bragging that he was getting away with it..  Numerous times, I helped him out cutting firewood because he didn't have a chain saw and would use mine cutting branches away from his roof..  
Sal apparently thinks it's ok for someone to post real names and personal information about other members on a forum, but if you notice what your neighbor's doing...that's spying on them.Shocked

2560 Minutes Empty Re: 60 Minutes 10/10/2013, 12:20 pm

Sal

Sal

Jake92 wrote:YOU are the one accusing me of  spying.  For your infant brain, he would be doing it less than 100' from my front door and bragging that he was getting away with it..  Numerous times, I helped him out cutting firewood because he didn't have a chain saw and would use mine cutting branches away from his roof..  

Wow ...

... a grouchy, old, snoop with no sense of humor and a short fuse ...

... you're the whole package ...

Maybe, Chrissy will be online later, and you can get some action.

rotflmao

Telstar likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum