Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me fix weird audio problem with my PC

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The audio works on everything except when I play youtube or other videos.
I upgraded adobe flash, that didn't change anything.
I know the problem is in my desktop PC because when I connect the sound system to my laptop it works normally and I have sound with youtubes.

Any suggestions for what I might try to fix this?

cool1

cool1

wish I could help but I cant computers have a mind of there own sometimes:) 

2seaoat

Which browser are you using when the sound problem happens?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Which browser are you using when the sound problem happens?
Firefox or IE either one.

2seaoat

Download the newest version of chrome and see what happens.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

That has happened to me before too, Bob. The fix was somewhere deep in the sound section of the computer control panel (under the "advanced" portion, perhaps?). My husband finally figured it out, but it took him a couple of hours.

If I recall, the little audio icon (the speakers) was turned off in the configuration but appeared turned on everywhere else. We had both headsets and speakers turned on at the time, and that affected it, too. We gave up on headsets after that.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 10/8/2013, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PBulldog2 wrote:That has happened to me before too, Bob. The fix was somewhere deep in the sound section of the computer control panel (under the "advanced" portion, perhaps?). My husband finally figured it out, but it took him a couple of hours.
Durn!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I long for the days when we plugged an input cable and a speaker cable into an amplifier and the damn thing worked every time. There wasn't dozen different pieces of software and other geekdom to contend with.
Those geeks sure did make things difficult.

I'm sure you've made sure that the video player sound on the player window is turned on too?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:I'm sure you've made sure that the video player sound on the player window is turned on too?
that was the first thing I looked at.

cool1

cool1

Bob wrote:I long for the days when we plugged an input cable and a speaker cable into an amplifier and the damn thing worked every time.  There wasn't dozen different pieces of software and other geekdom to contend with.
Those geeks sure did make things difficult.
Laughing 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

the urban dictionary has it wrong...

1. geek

The people you pick on in high school and wind up working for as an adult
The geeky kid now owns a million dollar software company

it should instead read:  The people you pick on in high school who wind up getting revenge on you by making everyday shit be overly complicated

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Like I wrote above, the sound icons appeared to be turned on, but in truth they had been somehow turned off in the configuration. Or somewhere like that. That was why it was so frustrating.....everything on the face of it indicated the audio was on and functional for both the headset and the speakers.

And about your signature....it's from "The Day the Earth Stood Still", right? Laughing 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PBulldog2 wrote:

And about your signature....it's from "The Day the Earth Stood Still", right? Laughing 
KLAATU
I'm worried about Gort. I'm afraid
of what he might do -- if anything
should happen to me.

HELEN
Gort?
(puzzled)
But he's a robot. I mean -- without
you, what could he do?

KLAATU
(slowly)
There's no limit to what he could
do. He could destroy the Earth.
(with great urgency)
If anything should happen to me, you
must go to Gort. You must give him
this message: "Klaatu barada nikto."
Please repeat that.

HELEN
(shocked and
bewildered, she
repeats nervously)
"Klaatu barada nikto."

KLAATU
(gravely)
Remember those words.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And by the way, when Robert Wise made that movie in 1951, his technicians plugged the microphones into the sound recorders to pick up the voices of Klaatu and Helen. And, when he connected speakers to them to playback the dialogue, it always worked because there was no computer connected to it.
And there wasn't any computer to help him with the special effects either.
His team had to actually create those effects. No computer did it.

2seaoat

Bob,
I have noticed the sound control on the utube will often go to no sound. Normally you can go into a Utube and have a normal range of sound, yet I have had to take the sound from zero to audible. Try it The adjustment is on the utube video. Why it is zeroing out, I have no answer.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat you are a fucking genius. That fixed it.
For some unexplained reason the volume control slider is always defaulting to zero.
I feel like such an idiot.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I apologize to all geeks. You suckers are okay in my book.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:Seaoat you are a fucking genius.  That fixed it.
For some unexplained reason the volume control slider is always defaulting to zero.
I feel like such an idiot.
OMG, you had to tell him that?  Razz

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat is my hero. I've been waiting since Sunday morning to be able to HEAR this youtube.
I got to see Jimmy Hall and Wet Willie at Bayfest. And here's what they sounded like in 1973. My god, that's 40 effing years ago.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:Seaoat is my hero.  I've been waiting since Sunday morning to be able to HEAR this youtube.
I got to see Jimmy Hall and Wet Willie at Bayfest.  And here's what they sounded like in 1973.  My god,  that's 40 effing years ago.

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's minor but the only thing that pisses me off is when we hear Jimmy say "We're Wet Willie from right here in Macon".

Bullshit. Wet Willie sprang from the same place Jimmy Buffet did. Right here on our little patch of the coast. Screw Macon. Macon Schmacon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum