Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top 25 Hidden Gem Rental Markets

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
Nekochan
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

cool1

cool1

I think renting out to people is a nightmare lol----and now im helping a man rent 2 of his houses out --one had a lease --dint pay tore the house up --let the grass grow as tall as the house --when he got the house back totally destroyed -walls everything .

He will have to practically rebuild the place --sad I go over there and open the place up to air out until he can come from Oklahoma to fix-sad

Nekochan

Nekochan

Our house in Pensacola...while we were still living in it....

The house across the street from us was owned by a guy who worked in Saudi Arabia.  He had a property manager that did nothing as to taking care of the house, as far as I could tell.   The tenants had someone living in the garage.  When the garage door was open, you could see a bedroom suite set up in the garage --a put together, made up bed with a dresser, etc.  And there was often people lounging around in the garage as if it were a living area of the house.  I've never seen anything like it.   My husband was in our garage one day and came inside and told me that the people who "lived in the garage" across the street were making out in it with the garage door open!   Well, dang, it was hot in there, so I could see why they'd leave the door open to make out.  lol.  It wasn't so funny at the time, though. No    I also think the tenants were selling drugs out of the house.  We'd see multiple cars come and go from the house from late afternoon into the late evening hours.  Eventually the lease was up or the tenants were kicked out...and the house was left a mess.  The owner had put a lot of money into the place before he went overseas and the tenants had trashed the place.

**Oh and this house was not in what you would think would be a bad or drug-house type area.  It was a quiet, middle class neighborhood.   At the time, as I recall, average rent in the neighborhood was around $750- $800 or so a month.  This was around 25 years ago.  So it wasn't exactly a cheap rental house, but then again, I am not sure how many people the tenants had sublet to "live" in the house and garage.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:You weren't just threatened...you were assaulted! 

I understand tenants having rights...they should.  But threats are not acceptable.   Assault certainly isn't acceptable.
I know, Neko. That's why I am still bitter about the whole mess. The city police kept telling me it was a "civil dispute", even after the tenant assaulted me. The SOB also threw alcohol into my floor furnace, threw lit cigarette butts around the house (and in my purse), and poured gasoline on some of the grass in my yard and lit it. You know I have great empathy for anyone with a mental illness, but this guy was a sociopath.

I mean, this guy who just assaulted me is standing there in black face paint, with "666" and fake tattoos written on his arms, and the police think that's a civil dispute. Right.

That was the day, if I recall, that the city police advised ME to go stay somewhere else. At least they offered to stay while I packed my things.

PBulldog2 wrote:

I understand tenants having rights...they should.  But threats are not acceptable.   Assault certainly isn't acceptable.
I know, Neko. That's why I am still bitter about the whole mess. The city police kept telling me it was a "civil dispute", even after the tenant assaulted me. The SOB also threw alcohol into my floor furnace, threw lit cigarette butts around the house (and in my purse), and poured gasoline on some of the grass in my yard and lit it. You know I have great empathy for anyone with a mental illness, but this guy was a sociopath.

I mean, this guy who just assaulted me is standing there in black face paint, with "666" and fake tattoos written on his arms, and the police think that's a civil dispute. Right.

That was the day, if I recall, that the city police advised ME to go stay somewhere else. At least they offered to stay while I packed my things.
thats nuts.

i think people should be able to let who they want to live in thier properties. They own them.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

thats nuts.

i think people should be able to let who they want to live in thier properties. They own them.
I agree. Unfortunately, if a person has paid rent for a room AND receives mail at your address, the homeowner is stuck. I learned so much from that experience. I was so afraid he was going to burn my house down while I was gone.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I would never expect an apology for knowledge any more than I would expect an apology from  someone for using a "scheme" or "loophole" that is totally legal and is written into the code for people to use.

The problem is that folks have no idea how many loopholes exist, and how much revenue is being lost.  Both sides of the aisle know these loopholes need to be closed, yet they are talking about ending mortgage interest deductions while trillions have been lost on loopholes which are really only for the wealthiest Americans.   Priorities must start at our tax code and loopholes and subsidy are a great starting point.
I think "loophole" is an outdated term, because you could drive a truck through today's unequal tax code. I was going to suggest Starker, and it's been awhile, but I believe the like-kind exchange has to be within 18 months.

My friend's mother left her property to all the kids...their property taxes remained the same...and they rent to various family members, but the property has possible commercial use...for some time in the future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum