Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

60 Minutes (the liberal mainsteam media) reveals how Social Security Disability is "the secret welfare system"

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50156574n

for "Breaking Bad) fans: this story is complete with a real-life version of "Better Call Saul".

Now that's a fact but it is no secret. There are tons of people getting those checks that are not entitled. They need to do something about it.

60 Minutes (the liberal mainsteam media) reveals how Social Security Disability is "the secret welfare system" Th?id=H.4529881729731921&w=227&h=172&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

It takes health care professionals aka doctors to certify that these people qualify for SSDI.

Looks like the health care industry wanted more of the action $$$$$ and the liberal Democrats provided them just that in 2009.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Cbfm1PStA

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:60 Minutes (the liberal mainsteam media) reveals how Social Security Disability is "the secret welfare system" Th?id=H.4529881729731921&w=227&h=172&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

It takes health care professionals aka doctors to certify that these people qualify for SSDI.

Looks like the health care industry wanted more of the action $$$$$ and the liberal Democrats provided them just that in 2009.

*****SMILE*****

Smile
But why would the ultra-liberal pro-democrat mainstream media do a report on it?

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile
But why would the ultra-liberal pro-democrat mainstream media do a report on it?
60 Minutes (the liberal mainsteam media) reveals how Social Security Disability is "the secret welfare system" Th?id=H.4905051343948542&w=187&h=174&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

A better question would be... Why they are showing a Republican as the champion investigating these cases instead of ignoring the whole thing?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile 

The states are playing the cards dealt them by the feds... they literally hire corps to scour the rolls to move people from state funded welfare/social programs to federally funded programs. There's big money in profit for corps and state savings.

And people can't figure out why our healthcare system turned into what it is... lol.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

A better question would be... Why they are showing a Republican as the champion investigating these cases instead of ignoring the whole thing?

When you're right you're right.  That is an even better question.
Why would the ultra-liberal,  pro-democrat,  anti-republican media be doing this?
And why would the pro-democrat pro-liberal media be slamming lawyers like this?
It's got to be a trick of some kind.

http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomps/di_asr/2011/sect01.html

interesting stats

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomps/di_asr/2011/sect01.html

interesting stats

60 Minutes (the liberal mainsteam media) reveals how Social Security Disability is "the secret welfare system" Chart02

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

When you're right you're right.  That is an even better question.
Why would the ultra-liberal,  pro-democrat,  anti-republican media be doing this?
And why would the pro-democrat pro-liberal media be slamming lawyers like this?
It's got to be a trick of some kind.
60 Minutes (the liberal mainsteam media) reveals how Social Security Disability is "the secret welfare system" Th?id=H.4546683618394526&w=250&h=177&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

They may be setting up the Republican for a fall...

They may still be pi$$ed about the APgate thing...

They may be doing some honest journalism...

They may be attempting to cover all the bases and their a$$...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2fizeoT22g

Very Happy 

Nekochan

Nekochan

And let's not leave out lawyers here.  Look at all the lawyers on TV and in advertisements telling people that they'll help them get the disability benefits that "they deserve".  Lots of people are making money on this.

The facts are the disability reviewers are everyday people w/ no medical training. They are bachelor level folks who have to look up the illnesses and decide.I interviewed for that job once and the case load is 45 cases a month where you have to do all the research. If you don't do the phenomenal amount of cases you're fired. My coworker used to do that job and they just pass the people through.

Sal

Sal

Seems to me this calls for a simple cost-benefit analysis.

How much are you willing to pay for better trained case workers and stiffer enforcement?

An FY2012 GAO report found that improper payments account for .6% of payments.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the most draconian punishments imaginable for people caught gaming the system.

But, how much are you willing to grow government to catch them?

Or, perhaps you think that we should just do away with the whole program, leaving the 99.4% of legitimately needy people to fend for themselves.

I know how easy and fun it is for you to hate on the poorz.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Seems to me this calls for a simple cost-benefit analysis.

How much are you willing to pay for better trained case workers and stiffer enforcement?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the most draconian punishments imaginable for people caught gaming the system.

Or, perhaps you think that we should just do away with the whole program, leaving the 99.4% of legitimately needy people to fend for themselves.

The report, and my guess is their figures are grossly underestimated. Their figures were 20-40%. When in just one state there are doctors coming to attorneys offices to do "exams" by the dozen and confirming them all. The fraud is NOT less 1%. If you believe that, you believe in unicorns too.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
The report, and my guess is their figures are grossly underestimated.  Their figures were 20-40%.  When in just one state there are doctors coming to attorneys offices to do "exams" by the dozen and confirming them all.  The fraud is NOT less 1%.  If you believe that, you believe in unicorns too.

No doubt that young bucks are fleecing the upstanding and law-abiding citizenry right and left in your fevered imagination.

The question remains - how much are you willing to grow government to catch them?

I believe in unicorns the same way I believe in compassionate and reasonable republicans.

Not surprising that your first thought of a solution was to grow the gov. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps these damn people need to do the jobs that have right or be fired?

2seaoat

I may be in the minority. I have seen people with legitimate disability who have waited two years without resolution. The problems go both ways. We need clear standards which allow obvious disability to be streamlined and we need better fraud prevention. I have never met somebody on disability who was gaming the system. The truth is when we had 50k factories people would limp or crawl into work because they could work and make more money. When the factories closed the walking wounded lined up for disability. My anger with the system is the delay.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't for a minute believe that only .6 of the payments are for fraudulent claims.

Liars and frauds hold up the system for people who should qualify.

Last edited by Nekochan on 10/7/2013, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Not surprising that your first thought of a solution was to grow the gov. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps these damn people need to do the jobs that have right or be fired?

It appears to be a dixiecrat problem based on the disbursement of claims nationwide. Disability reform could be passed in 24 hours if the dixiecrats were sincere, but there would go the base.

No this is a real problem.I work w/ people w/ disabilities and many can work and do. The number of people scamming the system is huge. They would rather not work and get $700 a month than work and get $1500. I have people come in my office all the time saying they want to work but they have to get their disability first. Then they only have to work parttime as opposed to fulltime as they can get their check too.

Nekochan wrote:I don't for a minute believe that only .6 of the payments are for fraudulent claims.

Liars and frauds hold up the system for people who should qualify.
Correct. I'd say half the people on disability can perform some type of work. We have people in wheel chairs who work all the time. at my job.

The problem I have w/ the disability checks is they are given out for very minor disabilities that do not prevent people from working. We often offer jobs to students in my program who have disabilities and the parents won't let them take them for fear of losing their check.Students w/ hearing disabilites can work. So can mentally challenged people. The checks are a deterrent to work. It is very frustrating. In Calif. they pay disability checks to drug addicts w/ a supplement from the state as the cost of living is higher. It is a real problem that truly disabled people could get a higher payment if it weren't for these sloughers.

2seaoat wrote:Not surprising that your first thought of a solution was to grow the gov. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps these damn people need to do the jobs that have right or be fired?

It appears to be a dixiecrat problem based on the disbursement of claims nationwide.  Disability reform could be passed in 24 hours if the dixiecrats were sincere, but there would go the base.
a Dixiecrat problem? did you see some chart that shows political affiliation?

How about the gov do it job? isn't that a novel idea? No, your idea must be like sals since you replied to my comment TO HIM. You must also think we need to grow the GOV to fix the problem. Because having 5000 more lazy assed gov employees is the answer right? Im sure...lol

Its always impossible to expect the current laws get actually INFORCED by our Gov, but instead we want to make new ones that ALSO wont get enforced. what a joke. Rolling Eyes 

2seaoat

Please look at Tex's charts of geographic disability claims.......

2seaoat wrote:Please look at Tex's charts of geographic disability claims.......
so I can not blame this on babyboomers like yall do everything else? because huff po did lol

WASHINGTON -- Some members of Congress have begun leveling accusations that rising enrollment in Social Security's disability insurance program is evidence of growing American dependence on the government, and even a "slave" mentality.

But a new report out Monday says the rise in America's ranks of disabled to 8.3 million in 2011 stems from an aging population, a surge in women workers, changes in the law in the 1980s and a terrible economy in which disabled people can't find jobs.

The study, by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, found that the biggest jumps in the disabled population came from aging Baby Boomers. From 1996 through 2009 -- "the approximate period during which the baby-boom generation entered their 50s -- the share of disabled worker benefits awarded to older workers (age 45 and older) rose from 67 percent to 76 percent," the report said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/17/social-security-disability_n_1678773.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum